Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [029]: May 18 2012 - The Brick - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Concert Venue Offers Refunds
    After Disastrous Jane's Addiction Show

By Alex Hudson

Pretty much any concert-attending music fan is familiar with a crappy live venue with poor sound and bad amenities. Few of us, however, have ever experienced a venue so god-awful that ticket buyers were actually granted refunds. But that's exactly what happened at a recent Jane's Addiction concert when the veteran alt-rock crew played the inaugural show at Minneapolis, MN's new venue, the Brick, on Monday night (March 19).

So what exactly was so bad about the AEG-owned room? According to 89.3 The Current, the sight lines were so poor that the 2,000-odd people who attended the gig, whose tickets went for $65 a pop, weren't able to see the band properly. And those who retreated to the basement found nothing but small TVs and no sound system.

Making matters worse, it was almost impossible to push through the hoards of people to get the venue's only bathroom, according to the report. And before fans even got inside the room, they apparently had to wait in the rain while people filed through the Brick's narrow entrance way.

Unsurprisingly, it didn't take long for the crowd to become more than a little grumpy, and the band even warned the security guards, "You're going to have a fucking riot on your hands" (watch the video embedded below). Attendees have since started a blog about how bad the venue is.

The venue's general manager Jeff Kehr issued an apology for the poor show. It reads:

We owe you an apology for the issues you encountered during the show. Live music experiences represent some of the greatest moments of our lives and, this was obviously not one of ours. Our goal in bringing a new music venue to the Twin Cities was to provide fans with the best possible concert experience, and despite a thundering performance from Jane's Addiction, we know we were unable to achieve this greatness on Monday night.

We have an obligation to make this right for our customers, which is why we are offering all Jane's Addiction ticket holders the choice of a refund, including service fees, or tickets to an upcoming show of their choice (based on availability). We are listening to your comments and feedback and are committed to making the necessary changes at The Brick to ensure that your next concert experience will be much more enjoyable.

It's unclear exactly how the venue intends to improve (and the shows in the coming weeks appear to be going ahead), but you can read the full statement at City Pages [via The Daily Swam], and get information on refunds there.

So next time you complain about a venue in your hometown, think about this show to put things in perspective.

SOURCE

I hope I'm not the only one who's even MORE excited about this show now.

>:)

The show has been officially moved to The Myth.

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Soo, any videos yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge Inferno View Post
    Soo, any videos yet?
    It hasn't happened yet.

Never been to this venue before but we'll see what we can do about that.

;)

The setlist was the same as the last show. Holy fucking fuck it was amazing, Manson sounds as great as he did in the 90's. He was all over the place and way into the crowd. I also love when he mentions humping the security guards head from way back. He was asking us if we'd be visiting him in prison if the charges went through. I can't believe how incredible this show was. For a minute there, I thought he was going to reveal something about No Reflection when he said "This is a song about....well whatever you want it to be about, but I know what it's really about."
    Last edited by vonrueden09; 05-18-2012 at 11:53 PM.

This truly was an absolutely phenomenal show! The whole band was in TOP form, especially Manson. The band and the sound guys are just blowing the roof off of every goddamned venue they play these days, everything just sounds brutally awesome and badass and, again, Manson especially is just KILLING it onstage!

And, incidentally, the refinement and evolution of the stage production continues!

Beautiful new light curtain backdrop for several songs and something ENTIRELY new for "Antichrist Superstar," but the domestic dates are almost over for this leg so that's all I'm gonna say for now. No drastic overhauls or anything like that but the new curtain and stuff really adds a lot to the overall look and feel of the show and is definitely welcome and looks fucking great.

And ZOMFG the footage I shot tonight!

Wow, I've gotta say, it is fucking FANTASTIC. You bootleg fans are gonna shit yourselves and it's pretty much gonna slam the door in the face of anyone who thinks this band isn't COMPLETELY kicking ass and rocking the fucking faces off of every goddamned city it plays.

Holy FUCKBALLS I can't wait to get this show online so everyone can see how badass it is! Might take a while but JEEEZUS this is an excellent fucking bootleg if I do say so myself!

PATIENCE.

>:)

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Looking forward to seeing the bootleg Haz! sounds like it was an awesome show, looking forward to seeing the new light curtain and whatever the other thing is for ACSS.

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Antichrist Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    This truly was an absolutely phenomenal show! The whole band was in TOP form, especially Manson. The band and the sound guys are just blowing the roof off of every goddamned venue they play these days, everything just sounds brutally awesome and badass and, again, Manson especially is just KILLING it onstage!

And, incidentally, the refinement and evolution of the stage production continues!

Beautiful new light curtain backdrop for several songs and something ENTIRELY new for "Antichrist Superstar," but the domestic dates are almost over for this leg so that's all I'm gonna say for now. No drastic overhauls or anything like that but the new curtain and stuff really adds a lot to the overall look and feel of the show and is definitely welcome and looks fucking great.

And ZOMFG the footage I shot tonight!

Wow, I've gotta say, it is fucking FANTASTIC. You bootleg fans are gonna shit yourselves and it's pretty much gonna slam the door in the face of anyone who thinks this band isn't COMPLETELY kicking ass and rocking the fucking faces off of every goddamned city it plays.

Holy FUCKBALLS I can't wait to get this show online so everyone can see how badass it is! Might take a while but JEEEZUS this is an excellent fucking bootleg if I do say so myself!

PATIENCE.

>
    Man I want to see that footage like yesterday! It seems like a kick ass show!

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post

Antichrist Superstar
    LOL those clips made the video shine The smoke gives it a good vibe and Mandon seems it top form, hope to see the band even closer on the videos that are going to surface