Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening act for the shows in USA

Momsen briefly mentions Manson in Perez Hilton's fresh interview with her: http://perezhilton.com/2012-03-19-ch...n#.T2dlQMVmJvw

Perez: And you've been pretty much touring non stop for a while now.
    Taylor: Non stop. And then we jump on with Manson for a month after that, and then we go straight into the studio to start recording the second record. So
    Perez: That Marilyn Manson might try to corrupt you, be careful.
    Taylor: We, we just played with him in Australia actually, sound wave. And I didn't get to meet Manson, but we did meet the rest of the band. They're all awesome, awesome guys. So it should be fun.
    Perez: Are you a fan of his music?
    Taylor: Yeah.
    Perez: What's your favorite song?
    Taylor: Favorite song, I don't know. "The Golden Age of Grotesque" is one of my favorite Manson records like definitely.

Like definitely.

I remember Taylor tweeting last year or was it the year before? I can't remember now, but it was during one of her twitter Q & A's and she said touring with Manson would be a dream come true. Its gonna be an awesome tour, can't wait! Been forever since I have been excited for opening band and the band I am paying to see!

=)

I just LOVE IT when a hot bitch not only ROCKS but has EXCELLENT TASTE, too.

:)

Am I the only one that thinks this band is gonna get torn apart by the crowd? I mean crowds don't usually take kindly to ANY opening act, but shit...

GOIN' DOWN
    AND
    MAKE ME WANNA DIE

strange, deranged

Never head of them until recently. I guess I didn't really care for them. Not a huge fan of female vocals in general, but they were very energetic.
    photographer, drug fiend.
    facebook

Since I'm wearing my t-shirt of The Pretty Reckless and jamming out to my bootlegs of 'em, I thought now would be a great time to share.

Anyone who caught them opening for Manson might recall Taylor mentioning their new video, co-starring Jenna Haze! It's pretty awesome, and of course I like it even more because it's older-Taylor lipsynching to jailbait-Taylor's vocals from forever ago, lol.

WITH PIGTAILS!!!

Anyway, I figured a few of you might dig it:

As much as it pains me to admit this, I actually like "My Medicine."
    And have listened to it more than twice.

Sigh. This is how it starts...

^ Atta girl!!!

It's just a BADASS song, you simply have to surrender to awesomeness of all stripes!

It's a personal favorite of MINE, too, right up there with "Hit Me Like a Man," "Cold Blooded," "Factory Girl," and MOST OF ALL, "Goin' Down," and "Make Me Wanna Die."

THAT SHIT IS MY JAM. I could kinda take or leave a few others by them but THOSE are ESSENTIAL additions to the soundtrack of my life and on near-constant repeat in my head even when I'm not ACTUALLY playing them for REAL.

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE those fucking songs!!!

Speaking of which:

The Pretty Reckless
    li
    ve in
    Minneapolis, MN
    at
    The Myth 5/18/12

SETLIST:

Venue Promo Reel @0:01
    War of the Worlds Intro 2012 @0:55
    Hit Me Like a Man @2:21
    Since You're Gone @5:39
    Zombie @8:30
    Miss Nothing @12:07
    Just Tonight @15:22
    --TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES-- @17:47
    Goin' Down @18:26
    Cold Blooded @22:10
    My Medicine @27:42
    Make Me Wanna Die @30:45
    Under the Water @34:47
    Factory Girl @39:05

SO FUCKING GLAD THIS WAS SALVAGABLE!!! I was practically in tears of self-hatred when I realized after filming it that I'd had my external mic plugged into the wrong hole on my camcorder the whole time, and then later absolutely fucking STUNNED to discover the sound still carried through, just at a significantly decreased (but still eminently listenable) level of quality. Sounds a bit rough but HOLY SHIT AT LEAST THERE'S STILL ANY SOUND AT ALL!!!

So it's not exactly the perfect bootleg I'd hoped for, but it still beats their live mix at most of the venues on the tour, lol.

Enjoy!

:-*