Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [049]: Jul 08 2012 - Sonisphere Festival - Knebworth, England - CANCELLED

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Tickets are now on sale - http://sonisphere.co.uk/buy-tickets/

I've got my tickets! But festivals are so fucking expensive.
    That is why I never go to festivals and it's a lot more expensive when you have to consider travel costs.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Well for me travelling it's roughly about the same for when I see Manson at his own headlining tour anyway. It's just the fact I could see 2 or maybe 3 headlining shows for the same price as a day ticket at Sonisphere.

@Norse Will you be camping the whole weekend or are you just going for the day?
    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

I'm just going for the day. Did think about doing the whole weekend but wasn't too bothered about bands playing on the Fri/Sat.

BTW Marilyn Manson got a tiny mention in the announcements for Sonisphere in Kerrang! they included a pic with it as well.

Also on the very back of this page there's a Motionless in White interview where they talk about Marilyn Manson. I've posted that in a thread here: [http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...863#post95863]

Just booked my tickets for this. I'm going to be there the whole weekend, looks like a great line up so far!

Well it seems official...Sonisphere is now cancelled. Such a shame and unexpected!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/17536642

I was looking to buy my ticket around these days - but I found the same info on ticketmaster.

What hapenned? Is the Manson show really hapenning, or not at all?

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

With Sonisphere cancelled there is currently no UK date for 2012 until something else is announced.

I was discussing this with a girl I like on Facebook, where she mentioned that she doubts Manson will announce a headline date unless he plays Download instead. Although, I read somewhere that Download doesn't want him back and a lot of the huge acts have already been taken for Friday-Sunday. So I can't see Manson being added to the line up.

I'm hoping he announces a date at either Brixton Academy or Hammersmith Apollo.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Since it was more of a one-off date, I'd imagine he'll wait until he's doing his actual headlining run in the UK. Shows are booked so far out in advance that chances are he's already planning out what the later UK headlining run will be. Bummer the show got canceled though.