Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Motionless In White Interview in Kerrang! MM mentioned.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Default Motionless In White Interview in Kerrang! MM mentioned.

Checked out Kerrang! today, MM got a small mention and photo with the Sonisphere announcements, but then on the page on the back of that was a Motionless In White interview where they talk about Marilyn Manson briefly. Thought I would share that, some might be interested in it.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

For a moment, I thought Tim Skold was in that band lol

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

When I read ''I don't want to meet Marilyn Manson'' and saw Tim Skold's picture, it was instantly in my mind: ''oh, I bet it has something to do with Skold's bitching''. But turns out it was not. :)
    Thanks for sharing.

I actually already knew this band cites Manson as an influence because my friend's a big fan of theirs and knows I'm a big fan of Manson, so she told me haha.
    I think having bands like MIW and The Pretty Reckless open for Manson is an attempt to turn a younger audience onto Manson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    For a moment, I thought Tim Skold was in that band lol
    I too!!!
    OK I like Motoinless in White!!!! (I hope this is not a problem)<3 <3 <3 Аnd I heard this song I really thought this song similar to those of Manson's songs!!!

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Not sure if wrong thread or wrong message board...

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

This band definitely aren't something I enjoy. I'm sure they're all nice-hard-working-people-etc.-etc.-etc., but the music sounds predictable and shit to me.
    I think when bands like Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson and White Zombie were re-interpreting extreme influences from their childhoods; Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Alien Sex Fiend, RevCo - there weren't any godawful subgenres like Screamo to confuse it with, which is what this band seem to have done. Although always interesting to explore on subsidiary levels, discussion of far-right Christianity in rock music was taken to its natural conclusion by Marilyn Manson, whereas these doing it seems incendiary for the wrong reasons, and derivative. The other themes in a few songs I listened to this afternoon, well, your guess is as good as mine what they're going on about.

Ah well, it was just a tour slot. I think to date the only Manson support act I'd either enjoyed before the package was arranged, or who I'd enjoy separately was Peaches.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost View Post
    I think having bands like MIW and The Pretty Reckless open for Manson is an attempt to turn a younger audience onto Manson.
    I think it's a transparent case of tour organisers picking the closest bankable thing they can for a support act and running with it, but that's nothing new, for Marilyn Manson or most bands. Unless it's specifically designed as such, there are few International tours that were built specifically on a personal or artistic relationship.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m