Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Tour Reactions & Dissection

  1. #21
    cold blows the wind Golden Eel's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Boy's Club
    Posts: 3,069
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    We disagree. I dig it, because the band sounds good, he sounds good - and I dig that kind of energy at a show. Productions are cool, but I equally enjoy a more stripped down and up front show. I've experience full stage productions/props - this is a cool chnage of pace.
    I'm not knocking a stripped down show. I think it's pretty rad actually. I just personally don't think it's currently the best medium for 2012 Marilyn Manson. From what I've seen, he just doesn't seem to have the amount of energy required for pulling something like that off.

    Either way, I'm just judging based off some shitty YouTube videos. I'll still buy a ticket if they come around this part of town.
         

    and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

  2. #22
    Scorpion's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.07.12
    Posts: 1,022
    Rank: Crimson Soil
    Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

    Default

    What the fuck happens to Manson in festivals? It was way worst than the first show. First show was amazing, I was so excited. Also, Slipknot fans can go fuck themselves with their masks and 300 bpm drums. They're such a fan of Slipknot, that they don't know Joey is a huge fan of Manson, and probably he didn't like to see that kind of thing happening, but you know... Better stop talking now. They're such crazy heads, so amazingly insane, I could get hurt.

  3. #23
    under the black sun iggy's Avatar
    Join Date: 11.06.10
    Location: Rochester, New York
    Posts: 1,190
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Exactly, like I said previously...most of the people saying MM sucked were people that were trashing him before he even came on. I wasn't there so I am not gonna praise MM and say he killed it, best ever, etc but honestly from what I read its been mostly positive and extremely positive from actual fans that were there.

    =)


    So...unless they're a megafan who's already licking Manson's crack, they're opinion is invalid?

    Because most of what I've read has said he was boring, sluggish, cracked unfunny jokes, and slurred his way through songs he's been performing for over a decade. My favorite one was where someone on Twitter said "Marilyn Manson was awesome! They should fire the singer, he sucks!"
    Last edited by iggy; 02-26-2012 at 06:31 AM.

  4. #24
    That's pretty much it. gabrieltoxic's Avatar
    Join Date: 07.10.09
    Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts: 265
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Fred is the most natural member of Marilyn Manson since Twiggy joined, left, re-joined, and became Jesus.
    I don't think we do this anymore, but QFT. ;) And one of the best lines you have ever posted, S.D.

    Nice to see good AND bad reviews... it kinda gives it a balanced outlook for me, since the band rarely hits my neck of the woods (last time was 2007).

    Twiggy seems to be back, and it's not just the dress. The attitude, the chemistry with Fred... And Manson interacting a bit more with the drummer is pretty cool too (and not bashing him with a mic-stand :P)
    We could argue for decades about Manson's performance... I think it's kinda pointless at this point. From a technical point of view, he was never a reliable singer on-stage. He had good nights, and had shit nights. The whole slipping on-stage and hurting his side (or breaking some ribs even) must have really fucked things up for him. To me it's obvious, but I guess it's worth mentioning: your rib-cage is quite an important part of singing/screaming. You know, beacuse you gotta breathe a little different than when you talk.

    Anyway, I just wanted to express a bit of what I'm seeing on videos. Just adding my two cents, I guess.

    Oh, and as far as the keyboard player thing... All I have to say is that IN MY OPINION, this would be a great time to add a second guitar live. Just saying... Like The Empirical Guy said up there, they've been running tape on live shows since forever, so... you know. They're just running a few more pre-recorded elements now. Seems much better to do that, as opposed to having a keyboardist acting like he's playing.

  5. #25
    Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: North Carolina
    Posts: 3,124
    Rank: 15 Gauge
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

    Default

    After viewing some videos and hearing some (semi-decent) recordings I wouldn't say he was horrid but this show was very sub-par and missed the mark of magnificence. It's a disappointment to hear of his performance and viewing some videos but I'm sure the incessant chanting for Slipknot during the better end of the show flustered and and got his attention out of focus. That turned the show for the worse. This show reminds me of the crap-churned out shows he gave out early in 2009.
    I use words sharp as a sword

  6. #26

    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: England, peak district
    Posts: 417
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    I could be wrong but it seems apparent to me that he drinks before shows and events to dilute his inhibitions (he’s said himself that he’s a shy man) which is exacerbated at festivals because of the larger crowd and fan bases that may not be as supportive towards him.

    Either that or he thinks "Well at least if I'm drunk they can blame my shitty performances on the alcohol".
    Whatever the reason it needs addressing, I'll repeat what's been said that people are paying for a performance and from the videos that I've seen from this show he's not delivering. In fact I'd go as far to say that his behaviour is downright disrespectful to the audience.

    I'll certainly buy Born Villain and any future records but my money's staying in my pocket as far as live shows are concerned.
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd59/Bevz91/AA4.jpg

  7. #27
    Scorpion's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.07.12
    Posts: 1,022
    Rank: Crimson Soil
    Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlcoholicArtist View Post
    I'll certainly buy Born Villain and any future records but my money's staying in my pocket as far as live shows are concerned.
    You know, all of this might be true. But when you grow up listening to someone, and you want to see him for like...5 or 6 years, it's kinda annoying to read that kind of comments. People like me would give a kidney to see him with 60 years old, in a wheelchair, drinking absinthe, singing Speed of Pain while coughing. It's not because I have lot of money. It's not because I don't value my money. It's because what that man represents to me. The only reason why you say that, it's because you probably have already seen him.
    Is he drunk? Yes.
    Is he doped? Yes.
    Does he give a shit about us? Yes, he does. In his way. It's not because he's drunk and fat, that he doesn't care about us. You see, he's a damaged person. He obviously is. He does what he thinks is the best. Is it because of the money? I don't think so. It's great and etc, but I don't think so. I think that's for him, and in second, to us.
    Last question:
    Is he still Marilyn Manson? YES. That's why I'd see him at ANY moment if I could do anything for that to happen.

    The reason why I'm saying that is because I want you guys to value what you guys have right in your hands. I mean, every tour he's in England, US, Germany, etc. But he came to Brazil twice. First time, I was 3 years old. Second, I was starting to downloading his cds (now I own most of them, and couple shirts, mousepads, etc). So, what do you think? I wouldn't like to see a Dead To The World Manson? Hell, sure I do. But just the fact that I could see him on stage, is already a dream coming true. I know you guys think he's just making money of it, and doesn't care to anyone of us. You don't know that. Neither do I. But from what I heard of his mouth, from what I've seen, he doesn't seem like a person who doesn't care about his fans.

    Basically, I doubt he's coming to South America this tour, so I almost died when seeing people screaming when he first came on stage, 02/24. You know? ''I'll never have that feeling. I'll never meet that man.'' And you guys can have it, but don't want. Oh well, sorry for the long text. I just wanted to let you know how terrible it is to want something you'll probably never have, and if you have it, you could at least appreciate. If you think there's nothing to appreciate, then fine, i'm sorry again. Each one has an opinion.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 02-26-2012 at 11:47 AM.

  8. #28

    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: England, peak district
    Posts: 417
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    I understand Scorpion and no I've never seen him live but I would have loved to pre 2007, whether I like it or not whatever Manson does I'll still always find myself obsessed with him. I'm uninterested with his performance and visuals in the shows at the moment but I hope that will change in the future.
    Last edited by AlcoholicArtist; 02-26-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd59/Bevz91/AA4.jpg

  9. #29
    Tigger's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Posts: 348
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    So...unless they're a megafan who's already licking Manson's crack, they're opinion is invalid?

    No, not at all. But when people are making comments before he comes on of "why is Mason here? He is such a loser! Not shocking anymore" etc do you really honestly think they are gonna like anything the man or band does? Again, I am not jumping in defense of MM and saying he is the best he's ever been or anything. I'm just saying a lot of the people crying the most negativity are people that never were fans and no matter what never will be and never would dare give Manson a fair chance. Other than the length, I saw very little negativity stemming from the sidewave show. Extremely positive reviews there. Besides, from the shit quality videos its easy to see Manson is in better form now than the beginning of last tour.

    =)

  10. #30
    R_Flagg's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Belgium
    Posts: 316
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    He just needs to re-invent his shows somewhat. He obviously isn't in the same mindset anymore than back in 1997, so it's understandable you can't sing those songs with the same oomph. After singing Disposable Teens for the 1000th time, it's pretty normal it starts to feel like a job. He just needs to convince me he's actually having fun with this, cause I'm really not sure. I don't know about this tour yet, but what struck me in previous tours is that he ALWAYS did the same moves, like the fist shaking during Teens etc. And that really looks like he's just doing a routine. And at that point it doesn't really matter if it sounds good or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS