Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tour Reactions & Dissection

Vodka. Grey Goose. Cold. petticoat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    People like me would give a kidney to see him with 60 years old, in a wheelchair, drinking absinthe, singing Speed of Pain while coughing. It's not because I have lot of money. It's not because I don't value my money. It's because what that man represents to me.
    Scorpion, I'm with you, man. Totally. And I think a lot of other people are as well, it's just that we're the quiet, sensitive ones. Well, usually. Ok, maybe not usually. :) And also there's the people who are less plugged in electronically that we don't hear from.

And remember, there's still more tour dates to come (I think).

If I've learned nothing else about Marilyn Manson/Brian Warner, it's the importance of being yourself (earnest, or not), no matter how in flux one is, in fact, it's important to stay in flux. And not to believe everything at face value. These things and more, are why I can look past certain aspects of his personality that may be asshole-ish. Hell knows I do that with my lovers and friends already. Per people viewing him as acting immaturely, they don't realize that part of being a poet is to be a child forever. "I can never be a man." --MM <---some people can't accept this or even begin to wrap their heads around it. Let it roll off. You'll be glad you did. *pinky swearz*
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. --William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by petticoat View Post
    Scorpion, I'm with you, man. Totally. And I think a lot of other people are as well, it's just that we're the quiet, sensitive ones. Well, usually. Ok, maybe not usually. :) And also there's the people who are less plugged in electronically that we don't hear from.
    I used to agree with you, but now I'm certainly confused. Sure I'll keep buying his albums, he's Manson and he will always be, but as far as going to his live shows, I'm not convinced. I've seen him two times and one of my dreams was seeing the person that changed my life (for good, of course). His second show was, in my opinion, better than the first one, but as some say, it still felt like he was just doing his job. He doesn't has the energy he used to have, and I understand a 40 year old man is not the same as a 20 year old one, but anyways, there's a lot of artists who have become older and older and they never cease to amaze me live. They have to change the formula, because they get old, that's normal and I accept it, but there is a difference between becoming old and not having the physical power to do certain things and becoming old and tired of your own music and live show. And to me, the second option is the case.

Like Shangri-Lie said, I won't throw shit to him because he deserves all my respect, but somehow we have to show him we are not happy about what he's doing. His live shows aren't good, we all know that. The band is amazing, but he is not, and HE is Marilyn Manson, so he should be the one who delievers the power to the crowd, not some new bassist. He can be a child forever, he's always been and I love him for being it, but he looks like a tired man trying to be a child. He's speeches now are ridiculous compared to what he used to say. I'm not mad at him, I just thing such a brilliant mind is wasting his talent, and is doing it for too long. I can't be hoping every year he'll fix that things for the next tour, the time is NOW and he's the only one who can change what he's become. He was a hell of a rocker, why do we have to excuse him with everything he does? He doesn't owe me nothing, he doesn't have to change if he doesn't want to, is his life and he can do whatever he wants. But I also can decide I won't go to any of his shows, and it saddens me to think I'm becoming tired of this nver-ending story.

Cause it breaks my heart that we live this way

Vodka. Grey Goose. Cold. petticoat's Avatar

Maybe we're all wasting our talents. (projection)

Maybe he wants to be awake for his own funeral. Maybe he's past caring. (dark thoughts, but yeah, speculation.)

Maybe with Born Villain, he'll say things that need saying, things we haven't even thought of yet. Maybe he won't. Just the title "No Reason" screams nihilism. Sometimes I think maybe he's now so past anything we can know that certain connections aren't being made. Maybe being silly about drugs is in fun.

From what I've seen, he sounds and looks quite good to me. I've seen no evidence of slurring and such in any of the videos. I'm not sure what it is that people want...but perhaps we could all do with more patience and less jumping the gun.
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. --William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    You know, all of this might be true. But when you grow up listening to someone, and you want to see him for like...5 or 6 years, it's kinda annoying to read that kind of comments. People like me would give a kidney to see him with 60 years old, in a wheelchair, drinking absinthe, singing Speed of Pain while coughing. It's not because I have lot of money. It's not because I don't value my money. It's because what that man represents to me. The only reason why you say that, it's because you probably have already seen him.
    Is he drunk? Yes.
    Is he doped? Yes.
    Does he give a shit about us? Yes, he does. In his way. It's not because he's drunk and fat, that he doesn't care about us. You see, he's a damaged person. He obviously is. He does what he thinks is the best. Is it because of the money? I don't think so. It's great and etc, but I don't think so. I think that's for him, and in second, to us.
    Last question:
    Is he still Marilyn Manson? YES. That's why I'd see him at ANY moment if I could do anything for that to happen.

The reason why I'm saying that is because I want you guys to value what you guys have right in your hands. I mean, every tour he's in England, US, Germany, etc. But he came to Brazil twice. First time, I was 3 years old. Second, I was starting to downloading his cds (now I own most of them, and couple shirts, mousepads, etc). So, what do you think? I wouldn't like to see a Dead To The World Manson? Hell, sure I do. But just the fact that I could see him on stage, is already a dream coming true. I know you guys think he's just making money of it, and doesn't care to anyone of us. You don't know that. Neither do I. But from what I heard of his mouth, from what I've seen, he doesn't seem like a person who doesn't care about his fans.

Basically, I doubt he's coming to South America this tour, so I almost died when seeing people screaming when he first came on stage, 02/24. You know? ''I'll never have that feeling. I'll never meet that man.'' And you guys can have it, but don't want. Oh well, sorry for the long text. I just wanted to let you know how terrible it is to want something you'll probably never have, and if you have it, you could at least appreciate. If you think there's nothing to appreciate, then fine, i'm sorry again. Each one has an opinion.
    I know how you feel, I'm from Croatia and he was in my country only once, when I was 11 and only a year before I discovered him, and for me too it would be a dream come true just to see him. What I want to say is, I understand you completely and agree with everything you said.

Ugh. I'm trying hard not to become all negative on Manson again, especially since I've finally been really excited for new Manson stuff for the first time in forever. I was led to believe that he's finally gone through some much needed change and found himself again, but honestly...everything I'm reading here and seeing from these last few shows, it just makes me feel like it was all a lie. So far it all seems like just some continuation of the bullshit that was THEOL tour. I don't get how anyone can talk about embracing his "new" stripped down show. What was THEOL tour if not stripped down? All I remember from that show was a bloated Manson spitting out beer and laying around (a dramatic change from only a year prior when Twiggy just came back, and Manson had an insurmountable amount of energy and passion onstage). I was really hoping, what with the way he was talking in those interviews, that shit was gonna be crazy and exciting/entertaining again. I still hope it will be, but if these shows are anything to go on, I doubt it. If he wants to put on a stripped down show, then he needs to get his ass in gear and sober up. He also needs to hire a personal trainer and hit the gym. Because you need to have energy and stamina to put on a show like that. Stripped down shows can be great, but the performer has to emotionally move you and really put it all into the performance. Also enough with the excuses. Just because he's in his early 40s doesn't mean he has to be fat and out of energy. There are PLENTY of people who still got it at that age, and everyone can have it at that age if they just take care of their body and exercise/build stamina and muscle. I fucking love Marilyn Manson, but I'm also able to recognize the elements of a good performance and he's really been lacking it lately. He needs to figure out a way to get excited about his show again and thrill the audience. He was a brilliant fucking showman, and that has to be still in there somewhere. :(
    Cocksuckasaurus.

I've read some "reviews" here and there from alleged concert-goers claiming he was slurring, couldn't remember lyrics, got booed off the stage, etc., and then I've read many reviews from concert-goers that are the direct opposite. I've watched several videos and have yet to see any evidence of the "drunken mess who can't sing for shite" some people are claiming. This is all quite confusing.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, I'd love to hear some high quality good vids of this tour but from the little I have seen its been pretty good. I didn't hear any slurring or someone who was too drunk/high to do anything.

>Tigger>>I agree about the truth lying somewhere in the middle. It reminds me of the elephant and the blind men parable.
    I heard from someone who was at last night's concert that he was great, so who the hell knows.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

I've read on youtube comments that he wasn't booed, but the Slipknot chants did happen when he walked off stage (before coming back to sing TBP). Well, i'm not saying he wasn't booed, but if he was, only a really small portion of the crowd did it. If not, many people would've heard, and I've seen few. I've read also people saying ''he sucked balls, but he didn't get booed, not really''. So I'm digging that.

When I say, "last night," I'm referring to Sydney (Olympic Park.) From what I was told by someone who was there (very close to the stage) he was good, so it seems like Tigger is correct in the observation that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.