Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59

Thread: Tour Reactions & Dissection

  1. #41
    XIII arkahno's Avatar
    Join Date: 04.30.10
    Location: guadalajara jalisco mexico
    Posts: 471
    Rank: Glass Jaw
    Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

    Default

    I don't know, I saw all and every videos from the past 3 shows and it seems really good to me. He doesn't seem drunk or lack or energy at all, at least to me he sounds good and looks really into the show.
    the only negative comment I have is that they really need to put some stage effects on the show. We are inn the 2012 now, they need to use the current tecnology in the shows.

  2. #42
    Moderator
    Original AIDS provider.
    The Empirical Guy's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Location: Ass-deep in a sea of dicks.
    Posts: 3,122
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gabrieltoxic View Post
    Oh, and as far as the keyboard player thing... All I have to say is that IN MY OPINION, this would be a great time to add a second guitar live. Just saying... Like The Empirical Guy said up there, they've been running tape on live shows since forever, so... you know. They're just running a few more pre-recorded elements now. Seems much better to do that, as opposed to having a keyboardist acting like he's playing.
    They actually had a second guitar running from the backing at some points. In Personal Jesus, the main riff was coming from the backing and Twiggy was playing chords over the top.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    You know, all of this might be true. But when you grow up listening to someone, and you want to see him for like...5 or 6 years, it's kinda annoying to read that kind of comments. People like me would give a kidney to see him with 60 years old, in a wheelchair, drinking absinthe, singing Speed of Pain while coughing. It's not because I have lot of money. It's not because I don't value my money. It's because what that man represents to me. The only reason why you say that, it's because you probably have already seen him.
    Is he drunk? Yes.
    Is he doped? Yes.
    Does he give a shit about us? Yes, he does. In his way. It's not because he's drunk and fat, that he doesn't care about us. You see, he's a damaged person. He obviously is. He does what he thinks is the best. Is it because of the money? I don't think so. It's great and etc, but I don't think so. I think that's for him, and in second, to us.
    Last question:
    Is he still Marilyn Manson? YES. That's why I'd see him at ANY moment if I could do anything for that to happen.

    The reason why I'm saying that is because I want you guys to value what you guys have right in your hands. I mean, every tour he's in England, US, Germany, etc. But he came to Brazil twice. First time, I was 3 years old. Second, I was starting to downloading his cds (now I own most of them, and couple shirts, mousepads, etc). So, what do you think? I wouldn't like to see a Dead To The World Manson? Hell, sure I do. But just the fact that I could see him on stage, is already a dream coming true. I know you guys think he's just making money of it, and doesn't care to anyone of us. You don't know that. Neither do I. But from what I heard of his mouth, from what I've seen, he doesn't seem like a person who doesn't care about his fans.

    Basically, I doubt he's coming to South America this tour, so I almost died when seeing people screaming when he first came on stage, 02/24. You know? ''I'll never have that feeling. I'll never meet that man.'' And you guys can have it, but don't want. Oh well, sorry for the long text. I just wanted to let you know how terrible it is to want something you'll probably never have, and if you have it, you could at least appreciate. If you think there's nothing to appreciate, then fine, i'm sorry again. Each one has an opinion.
    Well said. I think the understanding of this fact is what separates the two fields of thought here. Everyone complains that he's drunk on stage, and that he wasn't what he was 15 years ago. What he was 15 years ago was high on cocaine on stage. Are we saying it's ok for him to be affected by some substances, but not others? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? So if he snorts the powder and cuts himself on stage that's cool, but if he has a drink (surely something far more of us here have done than cocaine) and slips onstage or forgets some words, he's terrible for it and needs to get cleaned up?

    I'm sorry, but that just sounds like a crowd of vultures that Manson could have written a song about.

    BTW this isn't directed at you, I'm just going with the thought here ;)

    Manson is, as you say, a damaged person. He's fucked up emotionally. He's gone in to very dark places and maybe he hasn't quite come back the same. I am sure, though, that he's not in this for the money. He doesn't make the money he once did. He lives in an apartment above a liquor store. He went to a small independent label so he could have more artistic freedom. He goes out on stage and does what he does because he is an artist but, undeniably, he is not the same artist he once was.

    For people complaining about his performance and direction now, I challenge any of them to do with the same passion at 40 their artistic endeavors at 20. People change, our minds and brain chemistry change as we get older, he is not the same angry, pissed off at society 25 year old he once was. He is now the Born Villain. You don't have to like the Born Villain, but you can't complain about it, because it's completely fucking honest, I'm sure. I can tell you now I would rather have that than a fake attempt at being something he no longer is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    I love all these jackets he's got with the Double Cross on the back, I think there's 2 so far I've seen and think I saw another with a small double cross on the front too, probably in a video.


    http://musicfeeds.com.au/photos/mari...dney-26022012/
    Sutter also had a double-cross painted on to his arm with makeup. I like that they're still using the symbol so much.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

  3. #43
    Filth's Avatar
    Join Date: 12.13.10
    Posts: 46
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Ultimately, it comes down to the vocals for me. I would have no problem with his current sluggish, tired stage presence if his vocals were still great. Sadly, they're not. His screams are still alright, but I'm getting tired of the "moaning" style he's been using for years. It just reeks of him being tired and unenthusiastic.

    It's great to see that Twiggy has turned into more of a showman than the previous tour. I'm sure it has to do with him being more confident playing live guitar now.

  4. #44
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.05.09
    Location: Subject
    Posts: 7,455
    Rank: Stigmartyr
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

    Default

    Ok, fuck it, I concede. Let's all concede. It's going to be a great tour. Manson is Manson so let's let him be Manson. Everyone listens for their own reason. Rock is Undead. Go Manson.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM


  5. #45
    space ghost Heather Quick's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.07.12
    Location: Brazil
    Posts: 1,084
    Rank: Crimson Soil
    Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    You know, all of this might be true. But when you grow up listening to someone, and you want to see him for like...5 or 6 years, it's kinda annoying to read that kind of comments. People like me would give a kidney to see him with 60 years old, in a wheelchair, drinking absinthe, singing Speed of Pain while coughing. It's not because I have lot of money. It's not because I don't value my money. It's because what that man represents to me. The only reason why you say that, it's because you probably have already seen him.
    Is he drunk? Yes.
    Is he doped? Yes.
    Does he give a shit about us? Yes, he does. In his way. It's not because he's drunk and fat, that he doesn't care about us. You see, he's a damaged person. He obviously is. He does what he thinks is the best. Is it because of the money? I don't think so. It's great and etc, but I don't think so. I think that's for him, and in second, to us.
    Last question:
    Is he still Marilyn Manson? YES. That's why I'd see him at ANY moment if I could do anything for that to happen.

    The reason why I'm saying that is because I want you guys to value what you guys have right in your hands. I mean, every tour he's in England, US, Germany, etc. But he came to Brazil twice. First time, I was 3 years old. Second, I was starting to downloading his cds (now I own most of them, and couple shirts, mousepads, etc). So, what do you think? I wouldn't like to see a Dead To The World Manson? Hell, sure I do. But just the fact that I could see him on stage, is already a dream coming true. I know you guys think he's just making money of it, and doesn't care to anyone of us. You don't know that. Neither do I. But from what I heard of his mouth, from what I've seen, he doesn't seem like a person who doesn't care about his fans.

    Basically, I doubt he's coming to South America this tour, so I almost died when seeing people screaming when he first came on stage, 02/24. You know? ''I'll never have that feeling. I'll never meet that man.'' And you guys can have it, but don't want. Oh well, sorry for the long text. I just wanted to let you know how terrible it is to want something you'll probably never have, and if you have it, you could at least appreciate. If you think there's nothing to appreciate, then fine, i'm sorry again. Each one has an opinion.
    Sorry to quote the long text, but that's true. Sure, I saw him when he played in Brazil in 2007 and it was one of the best days of my life, but it's not enough, you know? Most of you guys don't know how HORRIBLE and SAD is to see dates and dates popping up and it's always Europe, USA (of course), Asia etc and the only thing you can do is waiting. Patiently. And then we don't get any single date. And then we see people talking shit about the man after the show or saying "Oh, it's a two-hour drive. I won't go" while you're in your house, watching shitty videos on Youtube. It's tough, man, it's fucking tough.

    So, as Scorpion said: Enjoy the concert. Enjoy seeing Marilyn fucking Manson on stage even if he's drunk or fucked up, because I know how priceless is.

  6. #46
    Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.31.09
    Location: Nowhere (Spain)
    Posts: 201
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Well said. I think the understanding of this fact is what separates the two fields of thought here. Everyone complains that he's drunk on stage, and that he wasn't what he was 15 years ago. What he was 15 years ago was high on cocaine on stage. Are we saying it's ok for him to be affected by some substances, but not others? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? So if he snorts the powder and cuts himself on stage that's cool, but if he has a drink (surely something far more of us here have done than cocaine) and slips onstage or forgets some words, he's terrible for it and needs to get cleaned up?

    I'm sorry, but that just sounds like a crowd of vultures that Manson could have written a song about.
    Then I must be a fucking vulture. 15 ears ago he made a hell of a show, I don't care if he was high on cocaine or not, like I woulnd't care now that he seems to be an alcoholic if that didn't affect his stage presence. I want him to be fine, to be creative and to be honest, but if that goes along with a shitty show where he can't even move because he's so fucked up that doesn't even know where he is, shame on him. People are paying to see him and he does nothing, just routine. I never thought it was cool that he cut himself onstage, I always thought it was an extreme way to show and express the pain he had inside, I don't want him to do that again. I just want him to rock out, and I think the ones who really care about him want him to be in a situation where he can be perfectly conscious of what he's doing. Maybe he was a junkie before, but his mind was pure gold, so his persona was fine and I didn't worry. Now it has changed, his mind is suffering because of the abuse and he should stop it. First of all to save himself, and then and later, to please his fans. I reapeat it, I love this man, I love Marilyn Fucking Manson. And that's why I say, come on dude, you're a monster, don't fall that hard.

    Cause it breaks my heart that we live this way

  7. #47
    AppleOfSodom's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.10.12
    Location: Porto, Portugal
    Posts: 460
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I just want him to rock out, and I think the ones who really care about him want him to be in a situation where he can be perfectly conscious of what he's doing. Maybe he was a junkie before, but his mind was pure gold, so his persona was fine and I didn't worry. Now it has changed, his mind is suffering because of the abuse and he should stop it. First of all to save himself, and then and later, to please his fans. I reapeat it, I love this man, I love Marilyn Fucking Manson. And that's why I say, come on dude, you're a monster, don't fall that hard.
    you're a sweet :)
    I do see where you're coming from. Manson himself talked several times about it you know. About the difference between taking drugs but being in control or loosing it and letting yourself being controled by them. A lot of things happened in between and people shouldn't be judges because they can't walk on someone else's shoes, but the honest love of the fanbase should be taken as what it is, pure love and dedication. There is a huge difference between using drugs to creative or fun/experimentation purposes and to use them as inevitable escapes. Alot of bad things (alot of them loving-related ones) came and Manson suffered alot i guess. The whole GAOTG era, for instance, was a paralel reality he created to drible pain, the way I see it, and just endelessly embrace freedom and creativity like children do in a way, his own world, simultaneously pure, creative, hedonistic and dangerous. His longtime best friend had left too and he was the more and more by himself. A lot of abuse came with it because it was inherent to the process. Afterwards, a series of new episodes happened that didn't help, alot of disappointments, both love-related and artistic ones... Manson is a very passionate individual, he seems to like living each day like it was the last and the same goes with the heart. I remember Missy saying something in the line of if a small detail bothered him, he would think about it for hours, days, weeks and months. He seems to be a person who's capable of doing everything for the ones and things that he cares, but also respond with the same passion to what affects him negatively.The size of his depression seemed to be proporcional to the size of his comitment to life, caring emotions, art and friendship. Now his best friend is back and his music is climbing the mountain again. He can be certain that he'll always have truthfull and genuine support from me. It's my retribution to all of the amazing things his art has done for me in the past. I would never leave just because of the lack of covers on the magazines or because of a couple of poorer live shows. His importance to me it's on another level. So this is me sharing your love and ciber-sending it to him. I was very pleased with the first shows, even considering the lack of the elements i already pointed out and I'm sure this tour will kick ass. Marilyn, your family is here so kick those motherfucking dirty asses with your amazing rock man :)

  8. #48

    Default

    I feel if you can solve alcoholism you should write a book about it~! Anyone can give advice, but few can live it. No matter how many people hash and rehash Manson's life, were back to the beginning. Thank you for caring, but you can't change someone you don't know! Even those whom know him, can not change him. Change is done only if that person desires it! It easy to speak but it is another to act.

    any-who! This last performance has surely been his best thus far!



  9. #49

    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Location: Chicago, Illinois
    Posts: 717
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    I just wanted to make two very quick statements:

    1. I'm not commenting on my personal opinion of current, or past shows of Manson. However, I've noticed some people frequently make excuses for bands (in general, not even limited to Manson) because of their age or whatever. They say something like, "well, he/she's older now...can't quite sing as good...it's understandable that the energy isnt the same..etc..." I just want to say BULLSHIT. There are plenty of examples of bands that are getting older that are crazier and even more energetic now than they were when they were young.

    I don't think anyone would argue that Rob Zombie is a great example of this. The guy is about 47 years old, and his last couple of tours have been EPIC. Ya know, I think his voice somehow sounds better now than it did when he was super young in White Zombie. If you have the White Zombie box set and hear the really early recordings, in my opinion, his voice kind of sucked. Maybe he was trying to find his voice, and it of course was not done in the best studios...cheap equipment and all that. But even in the Astro-Creep days...the 1995/1996 White Zombie era...if you have seen video's, it was NOTHING in comparison to the energy, the show, the whole thing that Rob puts on now.

    Motley Crue is the same way. Vince Neil's voice is no where near as good as it was in the 80s, but they sure as hell now how to put on a great show.

    Alice Cooper is another one.

    Point is, 43 is NOT that old. There are plenty of bands with a shit ton of energy that are older than that. In there 50s, even. Hell, I saw Twisted Sister on their Xmas tour a few years back...it was amazing. Dee Snider even had throat surgery, but he sounds just as good as his prime in 1984. And they have a bigger show now than ever before.

    I could understand if Ozzy gets tired or doesnt do a lot. The guy is in his 60's. You don't want to have a fucking heart attack. But even he is still mesmerizing to watch.


    2. Some people seem to think that Manson is uniterested/bored these days because of the lack of a stage show. I beg to differ. If anything, I feel like he is having the MOST fun with it these days. He's laid back, cracks jokes, and seems like he's having a great time with it for a change... Now, I'm sure he has ALWAYS had fun doing it...otherwise, he would have quit a long time ago, or never even started to begin with. BUT, there was a goal in the begining to break into the mainstream and he had a message. It was so calculated and serious.... A lot of props to worry about and things to stress over. He was a business man. He wanted to impress/shock/do whatever it took to make the world know his name.

    I know he's been saying in recent interviews that he never takes for granted that he might be playing to new people, but it doesnt seem like it. He seems really chilled and like he's finally going out and just having fun for a change instead of trying to be the serious guy that starts controversy. He knows he made it big, and maybe doesnt care as much about going all out on stage show.

    I would love to see a big stage show again ala Grotesk Burlesk. But I do love his currently shows. I think his voice is fine. And his energy is fine.

    That is all.

  10. #50

    Default



    BRASS KNUCKLE MICROPHONE. :D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS