Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garbage - Not Your Kind Of People

Previews up on Amazon.de.

Hard to gather an opinion from 30-second clips, especially considering that "I Hate Love" sounds completely different here than it does on the minute-long clip uploaded onto Youtube a while back. It still sounds quite funky. Looking forward to hearing how the song builds up.

And "Sugar" sounds fuckin' sweet.

Better quality previews up on JPC.de.

There's also a couple of pretty lengthy clips of "Big Bright World" over at Idolator. Pretty cool sounding. And it's obviously the first video in a series of track-by-track segments to appear on the site later.

And I still can't get over "Sugar." It's like the beat of The Trick Is To Keep Breathing mixed with the synth from You Look So Fine, and given a whole Milk-vibe makeover. It's a complete ear orgasm.

"Man On A Wire" mini-film (an unlisted video so it can't be embedded/streamed; link only)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMyqu44jDJI

Here's my review.

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Now Listening to: Garbage - Automatic system habit INSTANT FAVE TRACK!! this album sounds promisingly good..

Will have final say after I finish listening to the downloaded version. :)

“We make pop music. We don’t make intellectual music. Our shit is hostile-takeover shit. What the fuck you going to do about it? Nothing!” – Ninja

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Finished listening to the album: Damn, NONE of the tracks of this one that I REALLY didn't like at all. I think I prefer this much more than Manson's Born Villain album.. Sorry, Mr. Manson. :/

I wouldn't mind being lullaby to sleep singing by the lovely Shirley herself. :)

Even though the album's a bit rushed, I want to enjoy having a 2nd listen to it. :)
    Last edited by Mi-CroMartie; 05-06-2012 at 09:41 PM.

“We make pop music. We don’t make intellectual music. Our shit is hostile-takeover shit. What the fuck you going to do about it? Nothing!” – Ninja

There's hope for this album yet. Automatic Systemic Habit was given away as a free download from iTunes, and the ID3 tag states that it was "Optimised for Digital" - and it's sounds exactly the same way as the leak I got a hold of a week ago. Obviously the leak is from the digital version. I don't know how much of a difference there will be between the mastering on the physical CD and the digital version, but there's obviously enough of a difference for someone - somewhere - to bother making the distinction.

I live in hope until May 15. It's one way of keeping you on pins and needles for the CD to arrive, I guess.