Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [058]: Aug 12 2012 - Heavy MTL Festival - Montreal, Canada

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kollaps View Post
    I still can't get over how fucking lame these set lists are. I'm really, really hoping things are going to get spiced up for the Twins of Evil tour. Doesn't Manson get sick of doing the same thing each night?
    Regarding setlist, this is the worst tour EVER. Not because of the songs, we have The Love Song, Antichrist Superstar, Coma White/Coma Black, but for fuck's sake, a minimum of 7 or 8 songs from Born Villain is needed. Not to mention Great Big White World and anything from Portrait. Playing different songs, not in every show, but for example: Today the band plays 1996 and Mechanical Animals, then on the next concert Angel With the Scabbed Wings surfaces on the set. That would be good too, but NOOOOOOOOOOO, they prefer to play the same fucking setlist every. night. Geez...

I agree. It would enhanced the show tenfold if they just added or switched some songs with tracks from Born Villain or even less played songs from the older albums. I REALLY hope this happens for the next tour.

Yeah, I agree! I mean, if they played a setlist like this some nights and then other nights changed it up it would be fine but they started touring for this album at Soundwave 2012 which means they've almost been touring for an entire year and the whole time have been playing the same songs night after night, in almost exactly the same order. What the fuck is with that? Maybe Manson doesn't mind that much but I thought it would be KILLING Twiggy. Playing the same shit on guitar over and over is a fucking bore, especially if you wrote some of those songs 15 years ago.

And as much as I don't really care too much for Rob Zombie, if he plays these tired old songs night after night on the Twins of Evil tour he will get blown off the stage at each show.

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

I guess Twiggy wants to die and burn his hands when he checks the set and see that the next song is Sweet Dreams.

Hahaha. No shit, hey! Imagine them discussing the setlist 'Whats on tonight?' ... 'The Beautiful People!' ... 'Oh yeah, nice, something different! Spicing it up a bit!'.
    Last edited by 1984; 08-14-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollaps View Post
    Hahaha. No shit, hey! Imagine them discussing the setlist 'Whats on tonight?' ... 'The Beautiful People!' ... 'Oh yeah, nice, something different!'.
    "Yeah, it's a great song to add to the set, man! Maybe we could put it as the last song! What about Disposable Teens as the second? The crowd will love that!"

It could be created some rules, something like: How to make a good setlist for Marilyn Manson. By: His fans. A few of them:

- If you're going on tour to promote your new record, play at least 7 or 8 songs from it.
    - NEVER forget Portrait of an American Family
    - NO MORE Sweet Dreams and Rock is Dead
    - STOP putting Disposable Teens as the second song and The Beautiful People as the last one
    - Great Big White World.

It just occurred to me that Marilyn Manson was indeed born a villain and has taken it upon himself to continue the sound torture techniques that took place at Guantanamo Bay but on a much more large and sinister scale.

'TRAVEL THE WORLD AND THE SEVEN SEAS...'

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I'm sure every artist gets tired of doing the same old songs, but even the songs I'm most bored with still appear to make the general live crowd go fucking nuts live. Diehard fans are the minority for the most part, I think the vast majority of a crowd would be disappointed not hearing songs like Sweet Dreams, Disposable Teens, etc even if I'm okay with never hearing them live again. Everyone will have difference of opinion on what a perfect set would be (I don't care for non-Twiggy era songs), but a concert is so much more than a particular fan base. I'd love more BV tracks, and hope the set evolves, but I think as much as we can dream up cum worthy setlists - the show reviews have been great and I'd still take a mediocre MM show than any number of artists who change up their setlist night to night.

I definitely agree with you that there has to be a show that the general festival/concert goer populous can digest and there has to be a balance but the problem is there isn't a balance, it really is *JUST* the digestible stuff. He also never used to placate those people as heavily pre-THEOL, so doing it all of a sudden on this tour doesn't really add up. Record contracts can sometimes specify that a certain amount of singles must be played in a set list, I wonder if it could be a condition of his label? The set list is really strict and I can't imagine anyone wanting to do the same thing like that night after night.