Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [058]: Aug 12 2012 - Heavy MTL Festival - Montreal, Canada

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I think the issue is that as an artist has been around longer and longer, it's impossible to cover your catalog and still play the deep cuts. The end of the GAOG tour setlist typically only had 4 GAOG songs, two covers and was only 14 songs long with the rest being mainly singles. Festival shows like these are much shorter, so I imagine that's why it was slimmed down compared to the last few EUR shows. I do hope for some change live, which the band has slowly been adding (even doing some rarer songs during the EMDM/THEOL tours), but not going to let it kill an amazing rock and roll show.

That is a factor that I've considered but I still think what is happening with their set list is actually a problem and is something that is hindering the shows.

Do you really live in a place which has the acronym of 'SLUT'?

Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

I'm start to think that Manson thinks that his fans are some kind of stupid retarded kids and only want to hear sweet dreams and the beautiful people because the fans never listen to his music besides the hits.
    It is the only explanation of doing the same setlist every night.

BTW, the argument of "if you go a manson show and they don't play sweet dreams everyone will be disappointed" is pure bullshit.
    The most of the people goes to shows for the experience of hearing the music you love.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

The point is that the majority of people who go to a MM show aren't the die hard fans. It's the people who love Sweet Dreams, TBP, Dope Show, hell even Personal Jesus has caused the crowds to go wild. The really devoted fans are only a small fraction of what MM's fanbase is made up of. Most are there because of the singles, if you think otherwise you are fooling yourself.

While I am not a huge fan of the set for the tour either...
    Something tells me that even if he did the goddamn triptych shows... the fans would still bitch about the setlists.

Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    The point is that the majority of people who go to a MM show aren't the die hard fans. It's the people who love Sweet Dreams, TBP, Dope Show, hell even Personal Jesus has caused the crowds to go wild. The really devoted fans are only a small fraction of what MM's fanbase is made up of. Most are there because of the singles, if you think otherwise you are fooling yourself.
    that's because Manson has always played the hits live, look, in spain, there is a big legend in spanish pop music called Alaska, she has this band Fangoria, she has more than 20 years in the music industry, she has some big, BIG hits, but when Fangoria release a new album the tour is just about the new music, she said that even when the fans want to hear the hits, they must grow up with the band and they never play the hits live, I mean, never, they play the songs that they enjoy to play, and you know what, it works, and they have an amazing amount of hardcore fans.
    That's the thing, if you play always the hits in the tour, the people get used to always hear the hits, and it is the artist fault.

I honestly don't think it would hurt anyone's expectations if the band switched some songs up a little while still keeping some of the hits. For example, if they got rid of Rock is Dead and Personal Jesus and replaced them with Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms and Murders Are Getting Prettier Every Day (or even older CLASSIC songs like Lunchbox or Cake and Sodomy), while still playing Sweet Dreams, Disposable Teens, and Beautiful People, I think only a very small minority will be disappointed with the lack of a single or two. Especially since they've been playing the same singles for most of the band's entire touring history.

I agree about keeping the casual MM fans happy, but the band has so much more material that isn't being exposed to a new audience.

I actually think that The Dope Show, The Beautiful People, and Sweet Dreams should be the ONLY staple songs. The crowd loves them so to take them out completely isn't required. I enjoy them too, if nothing else for the crowd going crazy for them. The current setlist isn't bad I just wanna see some more variation. I think there is tons of songs that the casual fans would love to hear as well as us hardcore fans. I'm not saying pull out a bunch of obscure songs or anything but songs that were huge hits on tours before would surely, surely be hits on tours now. Right? Like ACSS with podium/bible tearing for example.

=)

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

The Dope Show, The Beautiful People, and Sweet Dreams are ESSENTIAL to the setlist. It's the bands core legacy hits. I'm going to see Manson 10 times after I see the RZ/MM show and I still LOVE hearing Dope Show live. The atmosphere and energy of everybody being into it is just awesome.
    Last edited by Dronepool; 08-15-2012 at 03:16 AM.