Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Quotes

Default Favorite Quotes

This may have existed at one point, but it's not here now that I've found.

I come across a quote by one of my heroes Freddie Mercury. It was something that not only hit home for myself(aside from being male of course) but something that made sense if you followed Freddie's life.

"I'm a man of extremes. I have a soft side and a hard side with not a lot between. If the right person finds me I can be very vulnerable, a real baby, which is invariably when I get trodden on. But sometimes I'm hard, and when I'm strong no-one can get to me."

Please feel free to share yours. I may find some more but that is absolutely the quote of the day for myself!

"Today, all there is to fear is yesterday" - Modwheelmood lyric

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” - Albus Dumbledore

"Shame is a useless emotion" - Twiggy Ramirez

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

"Never argue with an idiot; he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Don't know the source, but very true!

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lisa View Post
    "Never argue with an idiot; he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Don't know the source, but very true!
    I might be wrong but I think it was Mark Twain.

Right now I remember these:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."- Albert Einstein

"Is adult entertainment killing our children? or is killing our children entertaining our adults?"-Marilyn Manson

"Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised."-Marilyn Manson

"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings."-Salvador Dali

"There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad."-Salvador Dali

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

“Your head's like mine, like all our heads; big enough to contain every god and devil there ever was. Big enough to hold the weight of oceans and the turning stars. Whole universes fit in there! But what do we choose to keep in this miraculous cabinet? Little broken things, sad trinkets that we play with over and over. The world turns our key and we play the same little tune again and again and we think that tune's all we are.”

- Grant Morrison

“Metaphor is one of a group of problem-solving medicines known as figures of speech which are normally used to treat literal thinking and other diseases.”

Grant Morrison

"We’re so familiar with written language that we sometimes forget how outlandish a concept it must have seemed to our ancestors. Writing allowed people to copy and transfer their thoughts and their tribal codes of conduct to others, even unto generations they themselves would not live to personally instruct, affect or control. The words themselves must have seemed alive and immortal and as “holy” as ghosts. Written law was thus a way of mastering time and influencing the future, a weapon greater than fire and steel, I hope you’ll agree. When read, the written word made the head buzz and ring and fill up with voices and commands from nowhere, as if God Himself had come thundering down through the symbols, off the page and into the room, fertilising and impregnating the mind with his Ghostly, unmistakable presence."

- Grant Morrison

"I think art is the only thing that's spiritual in the world. And I refuse to forced to believe in other people's interpretations of God. I don't think anybody should be. No one person can own the copyright to what God means."

- Marilyn Manson

"Most people love you for who you pretend to be. To keep their love, you keep pretending- performing. You get to love your pretense. It's true, we're locked in an image, an act- and the sad thing is, people get so used to their image, they grow attached to their masks. They love their chains. They forget all about who they really are. And if you try to remind them, they hate you for it, they feel like you're trying to steal their most precious possession" -

- Jim Morrison
    Last edited by Dronepool; 03-20-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    I might be wrong but I think it was Mark Twain.
    It's also attributed to Albert Einstein, funnily enough.

"Fuck tha Police"

- NWA

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Vodka. Grey Goose. Cold. petticoat's Avatar

"Fuck Art, Let's Dance"

'If you have never been called a defiant, incorrigible, impossible woman… have faith… there is yet time." --Clarissa Pinkola Estes
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. --William Blake

"If you feel like who you are is right for you then you are beautiful. You don't need someone else to accept you or tell you that it's right." - Marilyn Manson

Quote Originally Posted by twiggysrabies View Post
    "If you feel like who you are is right for you then you are beautiful. You don't need someone else to accept you or tell you that it's right." - Marilyn Manson
    I love this one because the second that you accept it as true, you have defied it's advice. Brilliant.