Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Born Villain album Cover and Kabuki Theater Makeup

Default Born Villain album Cover and Kabuki Theater Makeup

It JUST dawned on me. More eastern symbolism. His face almost looks like its made up in Kabuki theater makeup.

Kabuki uses a lot of color symbolism too.

"Deep red on a white face - used more frequently than any other and it expresses, anger, indignation, or rage mixed with cruelty. It can also represent characters with forceful personalities who have good qualities

Pink - restricted to a small number of roles, one being that of the charming or amorous fox

Indigo - second to deep red in usage and appears on the faces of villains and ghosts

Brown - worn by villains among court nobles and by gods

Purple, light green and gold - seldom used being restricted to characters such a that of the lion in Shakkyo, and the golden tiger in Ryuuko"

The album cover is black white and indigo. So there you have it.

SOLVVED
    Last edited by Sans Agendum; 03-27-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Also. regarding the logo. If this hasn't been discussed yet.

The first 4 (AKA the MARILYN trigrams) are yin = female among other things.
    The other 4 (AKA the MANSON trigrams) are yang = masculine among other things.

N -> ch'ien -> the creative -> spirit, creative or fertilising seed, strength, circular -> heaven -> father (mature yang)
    O
    S -> chen -> the arousing -> coming into manifestation, sudden movement -> thunder -> eldest son (immature yang)

N -> k'an -> the abysmal -> generally misfortune (spirit -middle yang line- trapped in matter -two yin lines-) -> water, the moon -> middle son (immature yang)
    A
    M -> ken -> keeping still -> resting, inert -> mountain -> youngest son (immature yang)

M -> k'un -> the receptive -> receptivity, vessel, matter, devoted, yielding, square -> earth -> mother (mature yin)
    A
    R -> sun -> the gentle -> penetrationg -> wind, wood -> eldest daughter (immature yin)

I -> li -> the clinging -> light-giving, also clinging (spirit on either side of matter -> fire, the sun ->middle daughter (immature yin)
    L
    Y
    N -> tui -> the joyous -> joyful -> lake, body of water -> youngest daughter (immature yin)

Also, these are the two pa kua arrangements that represent the (quite polarized) arrangement of the universe:

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Good work and an interesting analysis Brad thank you.It seems that Manson is driving an influence from the far east this era .

Original AIDS provider.

Solvved indeed! Nicely done.

If no one noticed, that arrangement around the yin-yang is similar to the Dharma symbol from LOST

My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Wasn't Naveen Andrews a joke guess for the new bass player position in the band??????????????????

Original AIDS provider.

Well, it was mentioned, I'm not sure how much of a joke it ever was considering he plays guitar and was known to have spent at least some time in the studio with Manson. He may yet still make a guess appearance on the album, for all we know.

Several Manson/Lost related things occured around the time that series was wrapping up. Apparently Twiggy was a big fan and at some point Manson became friends with Andrews.

1. Manson posted a picture of Naveen Andrews, wearing heart-shaped glasses, with the caption Sayid played guitar jamming good with..."

2. A photo surfaced of Twiggy, seemingly shot in the head and wearing Dharma Initiative coveralls. Caption: "A beautiful man. On the island, you grow diamonds."

3. On the post-show following the Lost series finale, Naveen gave what appeared to be a child-sized skull to the actress that played Claire, stating that it was from Manson.

4. Manson painted one of the actors, apparently in character, calling it "a painting I did for Twiggy's obsession."

It all seemed to get out of hand for a while there, but then pretty much went away. At least until the trigrams showed up on the "M swastika" and now are all over the place.

I've always believed Twiggy to be very spiritually mature. Great post, Brian!

Original AIDS provider.

Twiggy's picks that he's been using on the Soundwave shows features the Numbers/ Quotes from LOST:

The Holographic Universe