Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: [046]: Jul 05 2012 - O2 Academy Brixton - London, England, UK

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

I miss Camden town and London as a whole madly!

Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by adamchabbi6 View Post
    getting to know each other a lot more in person
    Sounds dirty.

The black heart was a bit of a trek, maybe we should head somewhere a bit closer to the venue?

You got the wrong idea. I love Black Heart though.

My bad. I think Richard's idea is actually not bad, where we should have a meet up at the pub near the venue. I don't know the name of the pub, but it's less than a minute walk when you turn right from Brixton tube station. I passed it when I went to Brixton before, whilst making my way to Brixton Academy. Although, I've never been in that pub.

It will definitely help in saving money for transport, since I would only need a return to Brixton on my oyster card. Instead of travelling from Camden till there.

Good suggestion.
    Last edited by adamchabbi6; 04-24-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    My tickets arrived this morning.
    Excellent! Looking forward to meeting you there.

Quote Originally Posted by SentimentalVillain View Post
    what are these meet-ups all about. fairly new to providermodule
    We just get together, have a few drinks and a "Hello, my name is..." if anyone doesn't already know each other, and then it generally descends into smut jokes. If you want to private message me some more information about yourself; first name,
    mobile number, or even add me up on the Facebook link in my signature, I'll say hello that way and let you know what the plan is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxcore View Post
    I've booked the Friday off of work, What time roughly are people looking to meet? I may take the afternoon off also if you're going to start early..
    I think I'm booking the entire day off, then the one after as well, seeing as we'll be staying with The Hand at his place. On the 5th though, I reckon a little earlier than last time might be good, perhaps around 3pm, 4 maybe? My coach was pretty late last time but I think I'll try and go by train for this one, to get there quicker.

^ They're about getting to know each other a lot more in person. So the best location might be the Black Heart at Camden Town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxcore View Post
    The black heart was a bit of a trek, maybe we should head somewhere a bit closer to the venue?
    I love Black Heart though.
    I think Richard's idea is actually not bad, where we should have a meet up at the pub near the venue. I don't know the name of the pub, but it's less than a minute walk when you turn right from Brixton tube station. I passed it when I went to Brixton before, whilst making my way to Brixton Academy. Although, I've never been in that pub.

It will definitely help in saving money for transport, since I would only need a return to Brixton on my oyster card. Instead of travelling from Camden till there.
    Haha, well not meaning to sound rude Adam, but you're one of the numerous people attending who actually lives in London, so making it easier for the people coming from as far as Scotland, Nottingham, Dorset etc. is more of a priority, you can get around the city easily, others are coming from a lot further.

Does anyone know a few nice watering holes in Brixton or one of the surrounding tube stations that's decent to get to? Camden was just a good central location last time, but it's not a necessity. We'll need places that are spacious with a lot of seats, that way we can hop to a couple of bars before the gig starts and do the meet and greet more easily. When the gig finishes it's anyone's bet where we end up, I'm sure it'll all get suitably messy!
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

The last Manson gig I went to, I was actually just recognized by Rx in the Birmingham NEC

@ S.D. Yeah I know, but I'll be travelling from Hammersmith. So it is already a bit pricey to travel from there till Camden Town. After that, to go from Camden to Brixton and later from Brixton to Hammersmith is quite a lot for travel costs. I pay the same rate as an adult nowadays (even though I have an 18+ student card). So I would rather pay a return to Brixton, instead of a day travelcard to travel everywhere. I still think it's a better idea to meet at a pub near the venue, but of course the decision is up to everyone else.

I would suggest either The Beehives at Brixton, which is near the venue or Black Heart at Camden Town. Camden has Black Heart, Hobgoblin and a few other pubs. So that would be a decent location to go to beforehand, if we had to meet elsewhere before the show.

I remember when I went to see Manson at Brixton Academy in 2009, I saw Liam aka The Hand inside the venue after the show finished. He was completely wasted, but I think he remembered who I was through Facebook. First time meeting him in person.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm catching the tube straight away as soon as the show is over. Brixton isn't a place to wonder around during the late evening.
    Last edited by adamchabbi6; 04-26-2012 at 10:02 AM.

I received my standing ticket in the post today.

Looks like a lot of people going to this one. Would love to go, but not sure if I can afford it right now :/ Which sucks as the tour seems great recently!

Just got my standing ticket this morning (at 4am, no less), so I'll be seeing you all there. I'm not gonna be online for a while, but I'll sort out the plans for meeting up before and after with one of you sometime. Looking forward to it.