Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Subliminal Images on bornvillain.com

This thread should be merged in with this one lol: http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...Pictures/page2

It's just a hodge podge of celebrities, religious figures, fascism, death, racism, sex, disease, murderers. Typical manson stuff.

I think the images allude to the “No Reason” lyric/speech from Rubber. Things that appear to be meaningless, random or ridiculous actually have a reason for existing whether we know it or not, but since this things are unimportant, most people won’t bother thinking about them, no reason.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Koko View Post
    I think the images allude to the “No Reason” lyric/speech from Rubber. Things that appear to be meaningless, random or ridiculous actually have a reason for existing whether we know it or not, but since this things are unimportant, most people won’t bother thinking about them, no reason.
    So what you're saying is... It's seemingly random and because of that it alludes to 'No Reason' so it really DOES allude to something but people won't notice that it alludes to 'No Reason' because they weren't willing to dig deep enough to realize the connection exists. Well Played, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Agendum View Post
    So what you're saying is... It's seemingly random and because of that it alludes to 'No Reason' so it really DOES allude to something but people won't notice that it alludes to 'No Reason' because they weren't willing to dig deep enough to realize the connection exists. Well Played, sir!

Good grief. You win. We all agree with you. Goodnight sir.

Something like that, I think the images are there for a reason but just seem to be random, I didnít meant they all have a deep intelligent meaning, but some of them could, like someone already said, some of them illustrate a cruel world, some of them are satirical, etc.

Itís a mindfuck, I personally understood "No Reason" as something that seems to have no particular reason for existing because itís not important, but it does have a reason behind it but itís often overlooked, and itís not necessarily something deep or interesting. Take for example the journal entry in mm.com:

"Born Villain is the title of the new Marilyn Manson album. While looking to experiment in unlikely collaborations, I met Shia, and we spent a long night at my studio. After seeing ĎManiac,í his short film, which is somewhat inspired by ĎMan Bites Dog,í I was astonished by his directing ability. So I shared quite a few of my favorite inspirations in art, literature, and obviouslyÖfilm. I was impressed with how Shia digested my world, and made what Iíd like to think, is both an homage and a mockery of the history of Cinema. We ended up writing a short film, and just recently released a trailer. The score is from my new album, and is, in the words of Macbeth, Ďfull of sound and fury.í
    I find the idea of a yawning MGM lion far more interesting than a roaring one.
    You ask why we did this?
    'No reason.' "

Everything in that paragraph: the album titled Born Villain, the collaboration with Shia Laebouf, the yawning Lion at the end of the trailer, everything has a reason, itís not just random or coincidence, but it is made to seem like these things have no reason or importance at all. It kind of sarcastic.

I guess "No Reason" plays a big part in Born Villain, because you canít be born a villain, you are not a villain for no reason, the atmosphere in which you live in and your experiences in life are the things that make a villain, it can be the most random or unimportant thing what makes someone go 'bad'.

Sorry, itís a little bit hard to express my opinion since English is not mi primary language.
    Last edited by Koko; 04-10-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    this picture is about Mussolini the fascist icon.
    That's actually not Mussolini, it's Joseph Goebbels, Propaganda Minister for the Nazi party.

The picture I liked the most is the picture of Hitler fucking a girl , it is an old Hitler actually.
    The image was originally from an AIDS awareness poster:-

Oh yeah, while I think about it, the theme of that venereal disease poster also reminds me of one of Manson's photo captions from The High End Of Low tour [click thumbnail for full-size image]:-

"i want to give the world aids. i am very generous."

there is a picture of a Greek god when i saw it i recalled the line "rape of Persephone".
    Nice catch, relatively speaking. The statue is actually Perseus holding the head of Medusa, though to my knowledge there's no direct link between Perseus and Persephone, besides both being Greek Mythology figures and having similar names. The fact that Manson's been using Greek imagery and themes for the record and photo shoots for Born Villain imply that he's been inspired by the whole period though. Obviously Persephone was subject to the Anti-Hero in Hades, and Perseus was a hero, so there's a dichotomy of sorts there.

this picture is a light hearted joke as it shows that Elvis is more important that Jesus and god himself and he is a god too!
    There's also the undertone of Christ being 'King Of The Jews', and Elvis as 'The King'.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonai View Post
    This thread should be merged in with this one lol: http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...Pictures/page2
    'Tis done.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I haven't posted for a long time, but some of you might actually remember me as I've been around since 2006 (mansonusa, etc).

I made some researches about the pics and I nearly identified everyone of them. You can use what I will post, but please credit me as it took time to find all these things. There's a few ones I didn't identified, so I hope you will.

I will start from here:
    http://imgur.com/a/1TVgp#56
    The first starting from right, then going to left.

Margaret Thatcher
    Treblinka nazi camp, mass grav
    The Sun tabloid cover announcing Freddy Mercury's death (celebritarian theme)
    I didn't identified the one with the four boys drinking
    Soviet child with a weapon being decorated (actually it's an orphan who went into soviet army)
    Two dead chickens (I didn't identified this one)
    Dead goat. Source is here: http://mangelsenstock.photoshelter.c...000GrQsKPMYozg (probably because it's a satanic clichee)
    Elvis as a religious icon
    Ray Charles and Ronald Reagan
    Bush with a pilot uniform
    Norwegian Scabies in Homeless AIDS Patient
    Michael Jackson with Donald Trump. In the background, a Bin Laden clone
    Mark Foster from Foster The People
    Painting of Marie-Antoinette by Franz Xaver Wagenschon
    Margaret Thatcher again
    Scheme of some skulls used in nazi racist propaganda pseudo-scientific books (notice the gothic writing)
    Jackie O Kennedy
    Slaughtered pig (couldn't identify this one)
    Commercial to prevent AIDS using Adolf Hitler as a mass murderer
    Himmler and his daughter
    La Fontaine, ready-made by Marcel Duchamp
    Photoshopped fake pic of a fist going into a face. Come from a website about photoshop creations
    Nazi propaganda promoting euthanasia for eugenics reasons
    Elvis and Richard Nixon
    David Berkovitz
    Salvator Dali
    Leni Riefenstahl and Himmler
    Goebbels
    A cut cheek from bestgore.com
    An open brain
    An old photo from 1869 showing an execution in Arras, France. Come from this site: http://boisdejustice.com/History/History.html It's all about guillotine.
    Statue of Perseus, by Benvenuto Cellini. Florence, Italy.
    I couldn't identify the next one, a girl into darkness showing teeth and claws. Who is she?
    Oprah Winfrey
    Misshapen baby, suffering from a disease. Couldn't identify.
    Rotten teeth. Couldn't identify the disease.
    Amnesty International campaign against children soldier in Africa
    Propaganda poster against venereal diseases
    Man starving. Couldn't identify.
    JFK and Nixon (this one is not on this website but has been posted in the forum)

Did I miss some pics?

Some additions KeaS:

the two dead chickens are ducks called Silkie

the slaughtered pig is from http://johnisinperu.blogspot.com/201...nd-result.html

the cut cheek is an axe wound

the open brain is not a brain but a teratoma, some kind of tumor, according to this page http://www.infodoctor.org/rss/rss/?cat=4350&paged=2

the girl is Amy Alison Clark (don't ask me who that is, I just followed the picture to her facebook)

the starving man supposedly died of an overdose (http://www.denunciando.com/zona-gore...sis-fotos.html)

Oh I have all the original filenames that the photos were uploaded with, if anyone is curious.

Some of them were saved straight from Facebook, and pointed me towards some curious Facebook profiles. Which I won't be sharing here, of course.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye