Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculum

etc.

Default Speculum

Oh, man... So much to look forward to when he re-starts his tour. Alas, he seriously needs a rehab. I know many people here disagree, but, goddamnit, look at him...

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

it's because age and time hasn't been very kind to him lately. :(
    Last edited by Mi-CroMartie; 04-12-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Fuck it. I hope he dies on stage Dimebag style.
    Last edited by iggy; 04-14-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-CroMartie View Post
    it's because age and time hasn't been very kind to him lately. :(
    I think if he sobered up and took care of himself he'd be fucking great. He can still scream... in short bursts. But since 2007 or 2009 he's sounded like someone with a head cold slurring the lyrics to Marilyn Manson songs.

From my personal experience screaming like that is very harsh on your voice when you do it a lot, When I overdo it I end up sounding a lot like him (
    meaning loss of pitch control and bad volume).

Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    I think if he sobered up and took care of himself he'd be fucking great. He can still scream... in short bursts. But since 2007 or 2009 he's sounded like someone with a head cold slurring the lyrics to Marilyn Manson songs.
    Go watch videos from 1995. Even back then, Manson struggled with breath control; he was just working with younger lungs then. He was never a great singer, and wouldn't be even if he'd never touched an intoxicant a day in his life.

My god, some of you are trying desperately to find any excuse. He never sounded this bad in 95. He's never been a great singer but he always got by and for a while was even good. Now he can't complete a sentence without lookin like he's about to pass out. Which sucks because I still enjoy his newer stuff but refuse to pay money just to see some guy stumble around out of breath playing mostly the hits.

It wasn't the camera angles or the stage that made him sound bad (what a ridiculous excuse). It was all him. If you can't see that he's out of shape and struggling now, you're in denial.

I definitely agree that he can't sing live as well as before, even though he has had some good moments in the past years. I don’t know him personally, so I assume it’s because of the alcohol/drugs and bad condition, and he’s not going to change any of that, he obviously enjoys that lifestyle and definitely knows the damage that comes with it, other people’s opinions won’t change that either.

I think that he is genuinely trying to deliver a good performance and be entertaining, and kudos to him for having the guts to put himself out there and try without changing his lifestyle. I enjoy his music and art a lot, I don’t want him to change and I’m glad that he is still doing stuff and doesn't give a shit about people.

Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    My god, some of you are trying desperately to find any excuse. He never sounded this bad in 95.
    I'm not defending his performance. He sounded like shit. My only point is that Manson has basically always sounded like shit live. E.g.:

http://www.youtube.ng/watch?v=ZEZvC1d9Tpo

The croaking in this video isn't for effect.

Which isn't to say I have anything against his live performances. But I certainly don't watch them to hear his vocals, whether they were recorded in 1995 or 2012.

Bullshit, Manson sounded great from 94-02. 94-95 being his top form.

Im a lurker and was on the phant board and such. I dont really post because Manson fans cannot take an opinion. But I am abotu to get a bit serious here.

Manson needs rehab. His shit performance had nothing to do with him being old and a bit overweight. His paralyzed exressionless face should give you the hint that whatever the fuck he was on, was the culrpit. Hell, he even looks gone in that pic with Cooper and slash.

Yes it was a shit performance on a shit awards show, but goddamnit, stop defending him and such. If you fucking love Marilyn Manson so much, maybe as a community, you can start showing your support on him cleaning himself up. He will die, its another rock n roll tragedy waiting to happen.

I was watching last night, just shaking my head. I think this performance was even shittier than it was for soundwave or whatever the fuck.

I have been a fan since 95. Hardcore during my teen years. Still loyal in my 30's. So I know a bit about manson, and any longtime fan can see that this man has a problem and needs help.

I cannot believe the ignorance of Manson fans to be honest.

Flame me for all I care.

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post