Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculum

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    I say it is the other way round since Manson had mentioned in 1996 (not sure) that drugs make ppl less boring therefore he is more boring now .However, since that I don't know him personally I won't claim that I'm right 200% I'm just speaking my mind looking for a logic reason for why he is less passionate nowadays.

thank you.
    Many people close to manson at the time will vouch that he was NOT using many drugs back then and just liked to act up for the response and to play a junky stereotype aesthetic.

Love MM, always have and always will but some of his latest performances have been less than stellar...I've seen him 7 times (at least once per era/album) over the past 15 yrs or so and the only time I recall him sounding like absolute crapola was 2 yrs ago (during the swine flu era haha).

All this man needs is to get on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes per day and maybe throw some weights around a couple times a week...not to improve his physical appearance (which really doesn't matter) but more importantly to improve his overall health, cardio and physical fitness.

His body is his instrument, he needs to keep it tuned in order for it to work properly...right now he is just simply out of shape and unable to control his voice or his breathing (Note how often he turns his back to the crowd these days and bends over to let out his screams).

I hate to do this here but compare that to a Lady Gaga concert...the level of energy is off the charts and the vocals sound amazing (much like MM performances back in the day) because she is physically fit and of course being 15+ yrs younger doesn't hurt either...

Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    No. People are likely sick of him being so disappointing and crappy live. Quit making excuses and generalizing how everyone who disliked his performance feels. I'm glad I didn't fork out the cash to see him on this tour. Who wants to pay to watch a bloated drunk guy in makeup stumble around on stage? I think Born Villain will be great as I enjoyed the previews, and I'm still a fan of Manson's music, but I don't have my head so far up his ass that I can't admit that he's terrible live now.

He was MUCH better than this in the past. He has NOT always been this shitty live. You're making excuses that are completely empty. There's nothing redeeming about seeing him live now except for the fact that you're watching the shell of someone who used to be an amazing performer. It sucks but whatever.
    Lol, 15th consecutive post whining about how much you hate Manson. Are you Pogo in disguise?
    THISS MUSST BE SSOLVED

I thought he sounded great. No amount of complaining and insisting he's a fat druggy will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal View Post

All this man needs is to get on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes per day and maybe throw some weights around a couple times a week...not to improve his physical appearance (which really doesn't matter) but more importantly to improve his overall health, cardio and physical fitness.

His body is his instrument, he needs to keep it tuned in order for it to work properly....
    I definitely agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    I thought he sounded great.
    You're fucking high dude.

I've had some time to reflect. He was terrible.

Marilyn Momsen and the Spooky Kids 2012.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

I've been a fan since Antichrist Superstar and believe me, this was bad. Manson has a problem, people shouldn't ignore the evidence. Not an age problem, not a breath one, and hell not a voice one at all, his voice is better than it was in GAOG era for me. Alchool and narcotics were always there too, but back then, I think they weren't an end or a solution, but a kind of an instrument or an additional criative and recreative element. Manson was in control, now I doubt it. And of course that if he's not, its not just about the drugs, there're other types of pain involved. He has nothing to prove to me criatively, it was never about that. I love him, stayed awake all night with another longtime fan just to watch this and I just couldn't keep from moving my head and opening my mouth. I'll buy his new record and even fly to another country to see him live if its the only way, but just wished to see him in control. It's not about the rock n roll waste cliché, its about control. I mean, did you see Twiggy Ramirez onstage? He was incredible. In a way, I feel that Twiggys deliver and reborn fire, his comitment to the band and Manson, together with the friendship of incredible talented people like Depp can be decisive in giving him the hand he needs to really comeback to himself without judge him or play Jesus. But that will only be possible if Manson realises where he is decides to get away from there. That time is now. With all this positive vibe towards the new record, you can catch the train or stay in land. Me, as a fan, will never leave because my admiration was never linked to the amount of covers Manson was on or his sobriety, so I hope this was just an inevitable state of things to gain balance for greater achievements. I really think the fire is there and the ambition too, he just needs to domestify the demons and heavy layers for good, regain narcotic control and give a chance to the amazing artist and mind that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    Lol, 15th consecutive post whining about how much you hate Manson. Are you Pogo in disguise?
    THISS MUSST BE SSOLVED

I thought he sounded great. No amount of complaining and insisting he's a fat druggy will change that.
    Yeah, because anyone criticizing him or who shares a different opinion than you must have something personal against Manson. You've spent more time whining about people who are supposedly whining. You're fucking delusional.

You've made it clear - you have very strong emotions for anybody who has a negative opinion about Manson. Great.

Damn, ppl, can't we just agree to disagree? What's with all the hostility towards one another?

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    Damn, ppl, can't we just agree to disagree? What's with all the hostility towards one another?
    Art is irrational. Therefore, people will be irrational while discussing it. It's inevitable.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    Art is irrational. Therefore, people will be irrational while discussing it. It's inevitable.
    I (respectfully) disagree that it's inevitable, but that's no excuse for civility to fly right out the window just because ppl have a different opinion about what is and isn't good/bad art.