Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculum

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I still can't wait to see him in less than a month. Good singing or not. I admit to being overcritical at points, but who cares? Does anyone remember how he sung during the MTV Awards performance of "The Beautiful People"? Seeing a Manson show isn't like going to the opera. Take your tickets, get your bracelets, and either get your groove/fight on.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I still can't wait to see him in less than a month. Good singing or not. I admit to being overcritical at points, but who cares? Does anyone remember how he sung during the MTV Awards performance of "The Beautiful People"? Seeing a Manson show isn't like going to the opera. Take your tickets, get your bracelets, and either get your groove/fight on.
    Pretty much. I'll bitch about bad singing if Roger Waters screws up in July, but Manson? Marilyn Manson was more about a message with music than music with proper singing.

He was a bit out of breathe, I did notice- but guess what? I was still entertained by him and his band.
    Last edited by Dronepool; 04-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dronepool View Post
    Pretty much. I'll bitch about bad singing if Roger Waters screws up in July, but Manson? Marilyn Manson was more about a message with music than music with proper singing.
    Roger has so many backing tracks you won't have to worry.

Why do people just go on blindly defending him? I will Always buy his Albums, but my days of going to shows and spending that kind of money on him are over. A message with music? What's his message nowadays anyhow? That if you're a name you can still peddle your product and profit off the asslickers? I'd rather lick a stellar ass than a sub-par one.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Esotericdreamer View Post
    A message with music? What's his message nowadays anyhow
    Probably whatever you interpret it as. But it's definitely there. Either in a few songs or the entire album.

I interpreted it in my following sentence. I think Born Villain sounds good but as far as it having a message...have you read the lyrics? I'm not picking up on any deep concepts here. I think the album will rock though but the message of Marilyn Manson ended with Holywood.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Look, everyone knows how much Manson was a beast in 00's and 90's, no need to say he's bad now and etc because everyone knows he simply isn't the same anymore. Get used to it, he'll NOT surprise everyone by using a thousand theatrics and headbanging to Angel With The Scabbed Wings. He grew up, he has a different mind now, and he probably still does it just for fun and for the fans (money and groupies as well included). He WON'T do what you guys are expecting him to. Give up.

I like how he is now, and while I enjoy it, I'll listen, and it's rather painful to see that from 31 pages, 20 are from people complaining how he didn't went ape shit crazy on stage. We know he didn't, ok? We know he didn't sing marvelously as well. It's not about ''oh, learn how to accept what I think about Manson.'', it's just that you guys are disrespectful and repetitive.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 04-12-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Look, everyone knows how much Manson was a beast in 00's and 90's, no need to say he's bad now and etc because everyone knows he simply isn't the same anymore. Get used to it, he'll NOT surprise everyone by using a thousand theatrics and headbanging to Angel With The Scabbed Wings. He grew up, he has a different mind now, and he probably still does it just for fun and for the fans (money and groupies as well included). He WON'T do what you guys are expecting him to. Give up.

I like how he is now, and while I enjoy it, I'll listen, and it's rather painful to see that from 31 pages, 20 are from people complaining how he didn't went ape shit crazy on stage. We know he didn't, ok? We know he didn't sing marvelously as well. It's not about ''oh, learn how to accept what I think about Manson.'', it's just that you guys are disrespectful and repetitive.
    "He's a fat drunk now, guys. Get used to it, okay?! We know you want him to sober up and take care of himself, but he'll never do that. Get used to it!"
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Quote Originally Posted by Esotericdreamer View Post
    Why do people just go on blindly defending him? I will Always buy his Albums, but my days of going to shows and spending that kind of money on him are over. A message with music? What's his message nowadays anyhow? That if you're a name you can still peddle your product and profit off the asslickers? I'd rather lick a stellar ass than a sub-par one.
    The message is he can care less about his asshole "fans" and do whatever the fuck he wants which includes fuck up shows, make emotional records and fuck women barely the age of 18 yet still pull off making make more money than you. I say it is a pretty clear message.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

tl;dr of my post, good job MMT.

Exactly what I meant, but I used kind and sweet words.