Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: 'Flash rob' at Portland's Lloyd Center Nordstrom

Default 'Flash rob' at Portland's Lloyd Center Nordstrom

Do you find this story funny? Progressive? Insulting? Boring? Scary? Sad? Or do you not give a fuck? Is Nordstrom just a big bad corporation that we shouldn't care about? Also, do you feel that it's OK to steal if someone else is?

"by Associated Press

Posted on April 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM

PORTLAND -- Portland police say a group of about 10 teens targeted a Nordstrom store Friday night in what was reported as a "flash mob theft."

Police say the teens grabbed items from the store in the Lloyd Center mall, stashed them in bags and ran from the store.

The teens reportedly were all male, and roughly 13 to 19 years old. Employees say all were wearing hats and hooded sweatshirts, with their faces covered.

Police checking the nearby area recovered some of the stolen clothing. Officers expect to review the store's surveillance video.

A group of teens staged a similar robbery last weekend in Southeast Portland, taking about $200 worth of candy, beer and other items from a gas station convenience store."

http://www.king5.com/news/Flash-rob-...147447215.html

Stealing is bad.

Are people still doing this? I'll say exactly what I said the last time I saw one of these:

LOL, black people.
    Last edited by iggy; 04-15-2012 at 01:28 PM.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adonai View Post
    Or do you not give a fuck? Is Nordstrom just a big bad corporation that we shouldn't care about?
    Yeah, pretty much this.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Stealing is bad. Even if you get all your pavement ape friends to participate and want to justify it as a victimless crime against a major corporation. It's just bullshit. I used to work at Macy's and people who think theft doesn't effect employees there are simply ignorant.

These are just poor youths and it is not their fault!! THIS IS THE WORK OF SOCIETY! If we had a healthy society, these African Americans would surely be Harvard graduates. Remember that they were once slaves and US owes them a great deal. They only steal out of necessity you fucking racists.

Haha! This shit is hella funny. I live in Downtown Portland so I know exactly where this happened. Obviously crime is wrong, blah blah blah, yadda yadda, but I mean like Adonai said - who gives a shit about Nordstrom? It's just kids being kids.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Favrenis was part of the flash rob. I find this sort of stuff highly entertaining.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM