Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson & Johnny Depp

Quote Originally Posted by SentimentalVillain View Post
    i would totally love to see Johnny come on the first leg or two of the tour....
    You and thousands of female fans.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shawnanthony1992 View Post
    I wonder what songs they were playing?
    Aerosmith songs.

Mystery solved! They all came together to play in celebration of Jack Depp's 10th birthday.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

You know, considering how much scrutiny and attention Manson's relationships with women have garnered over the years, it stands to reason fans will be interested in his close friendships as well. Admittedly I'm not remotely invested in the personal life of Johnny Depp, or anyone in the media for that matter, they are simply people existing, but Manson rarely talks about his friendships candidly - besides either his book or discussing the reunion with Twiggy - so this is an eye-opener.

MARILYN MANSON DEFENDS JOHNNY DEPP [Full Article]

Marilyn Manson, a longtime friend of Depp's who's said he's "like a brother to me," is godfather to Depp's daughter Lily-Rose, and who shares a skeleton tattoo with the actor from Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du mal, has given his two cents on the split.
    In an interview with The Daily Beast for a longer profile to run next week tied to his creepy upcoming role in the WGN drama Salem, the musician and artist stood by Depp, claiming that his pal was "crucified" by Heard in the press.

"Lily-Rose is my goddaughter and I was there when [his son] Jack was born, so we go back," said Manson.
    "Johnny is one of the nicest people that I know - to the extent where it's almost heartbreaking how kind he is to his friends, and everyone around him. I know that he was completely crucified - unjustly."

"I would stand by him on anything," Manson continued.
    "As my friend, I know that he's handling it the best he can and he's a great Dad, too. It fills me with joy to see his kids grow up and be so smart, and so hilarious. We played a show together not too long ago. It's hard to say when you talk about your friends. Of course I think that all of it was bullshit, and I think that he is a great person. I wouldn't agree with any of it if someone were to put me on the stand and ask me what I know, or what I've witnessed."

I look forward to the full interview in The Daily Beast.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

This really upsets me. Remember like a week ago when J.K. Rowling who is one of the most famous snarky left-wing tweeters blocked another twitter user for pointing out Rowling’s hypocrisy in having fired a minor actor from Harry Potter for drug use while still going ahead with casting Johnny Depp in Fantastic Beasts?

It’s upsetting that Rowling immediately blocked that user and is chipping away at the liberal pedestal on which she currently stands, but it’s more upsetting to me that all of these domestic and sexual assault allegations amongst those in Hollywood do not get treated equally with equal reprocussions. Obviously this is a huge issue everyone is aware of. But this one in particular bothers me moreso because Manson just publicly “fired” Twiggy due to Jessicka’s charges, yet he hires Depp to hold his dick while he pissess/collaborate on everything with as if the whole Amber Heard thing never happened. Even Amber Heard is trying to downplay it which only makes the hypocrisy and double-standards worse.
    http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/07/jk-r...tastic-beasts/

Why did Manson have to fire Twiggy but then go ahead and hire Depp for Say 10 collaborations and dick stroking? What are the determining factors here, exactly?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Why did Manson have to fire Twiggy but then go ahead and hire Depp for Say 10 collaborations and dick stroking? What are the determining factors here, exactly?
    Probably that he personally knows both of them, and they are his friends?

Even within the lovey-dovey fan circles surrounding Marilyn Manson, it still astounds me how much ownership individuals take over people they have no relationship with. Hanging out in a dressing room a couple of times or being 'connected' on Facebook isn't remotely comparable to actually knowing a person. In Manson's case, he's been friends with Ramirez and Depp for 20-30 years respectively, so I think his understanding of their situation(s) is immeasurably more incisive than strangers on the Internet.
    It's also boring having to point this out, but it wasn't announced that Manson 'fired' Twiggy Ramirez, you've supposed that from two minimal statements they both made. Do you not think these guys sit down and talk about things? Do you not think they go over the best options meticulously and come to a conclusion that suits everyone? Maybe, just maybe, considering everything being said about him, Twiggy was capable of independent decisions and wanted to leave the tour...

Incidentally, none of the things suggested about either Depp or Ramirez have been proven as fact, but I guarantee you that for Twiggy (you know, his friend) the ensuing tour after his recent furore would have been difficult and financially blighted the whole band, which doesn't apply to a three minute guest spot at one concert.

Also, not that I'm a stickler for the details or anything, but if People On The Internet bothered to use it now and again, they'd read that whether this is unanimously fair or not, Jamie Waylett was actually arrested on suspicion of drug use, growing his own Cannabis plants (in his mother's house) and carrying a knife, after goading police officers on a night out. Whether those actions in-and-of-themselves are reprehensible isn't up to JK Rowling to decide. In the eyes of the law he was guilty, not the opinion of the public. Production on Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1. had either already started or was imminent at the time of Waylett's arrest, and he was still awaiting conviction several months later, so I'd imagine the decision to remove him from the cast was far more executive than Rowling just making casual judgement on the kid. She may have written the original book series, but she doesn't own Warner Brothers.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

i don't get this thread
    Chillin' Killin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    i don't get this thread
    Manson's weight, Twiggy's rape alligation and Johnny Depp smacking around woman. That sums it up.

There, I helped! :p

I guess I must have missed this whole "It's not okay to cast Johnny Depp anymore" thing. What does it have to to with Manson exactly? It's not like JD is his employee, right? Plus, any twitter user can block or follow or like whoever they fucking want. Rob Zombie blocked me on Facebook, so what? It's his space, let him block sarcastic idiots like me who piss him off.

Jesus. 2017 is gonna go down as the whiniest year with people questioning everything even though it's not their business.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Manson's weight, Twiggy's rape alligation and Johnny Depp smacking around woman. That sums it up.

There, I helped! :p
    i don't care about that,but thank you .
    Chillin' Killin'