Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson & Johnny Depp

I’m confused about the somewhat hostile and sarcastic nature of the replies to my genuine questioning of something serious. As S.D. stated, there weren’t very many pubic statements made about the decision to remove Twiggy from the lineup. A lot of us suspected it was a mutual decision or maybe Twiggy just didn’t feel like fighting this particular battle - the point is we don’t know, so I think it’s fair to ask WHY Twiggy is no longer in the band, as that will elucidate a lot regarding Manson’s opinions and stances on both of his friends’ behavors and crimes. I want to know and compare Manson’s thoughts and feelings on the two debacles and I want to know what he feels the difference is, should he see one, between Twiggy’s and Depp’s offenses. I want to know why Twiggy left the band and Depp was hired in that order. As for the comment from NaplanHeart, I never expressed a persional opinion on hiring or not hiring Depp for Fantastic Beasts or whatever else comes his way. I could not possibly be less invested in Johnny Depp’s casting choices. I obviously also wouldn’t have had a problem with Twiggy staying in the band. I’m questioning the order and reasons as to why certain things occured as they did.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Yeah guys, chill out. All she's asking is that somebody give her a detailed outline of Manson's deepest personal specific thoughts regarding the private lives of two close friends and an explanation for decisions stemming from these thoughts. Totally reasonable.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Right cause it’s not like is a huge deal with events and impications unfolding in the very public sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    This really upsets me. Remember like a week ago when J.K. Rowling who is one of the most famous snarky left-wing tweeters blocked another twitter user for pointing out Rowling’s hypocrisy in having fired a minor actor from Harry Potter for drug use while still going ahead with casting Johnny Depp in Fantastic Beasts?

https://i.imgur.com/FIqpEg9.jpg

It’s upsetting that Rowling immediately blocked that user and is chipping away at the liberal pedestal on which she currently stands, but it’s more upsetting to me that all of these domestic and sexual assault allegations amongst those in Hollywood do not get treated equally with equal reprocussions. Obviously this is a huge issue everyone is aware of. But this one in particular bothers me moreso because Manson just publicly “fired” Twiggy due to Jessicka’s charges, yet he hires Depp to hold his dick while he pissess/collaborate on everything with as if the whole Amber Heard thing never happened. Even Amber Heard is trying to downplay it which only makes the hypocrisy and double-standards worse.
    http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/07/jk-r...tastic-beasts/

Why did Manson have to fire Twiggy but then go ahead and hire Depp for Say 10 collaborations and dick stroking? What are the determining factors here, exactly?
    I used to respect J.K. Rowling a lot but the more I have seen of how she handles the HP franchise post 'Deathly Hallows' is kind of shit honestly. I mean I liked 'Fantastic Beasts' and all but jesus 'The Cursed Child' was fucking atrocious and it was just a script. I can't imagine that there are people who paid real money to watch that on the stage. On the subject of her twitter usage that also is kind of a factor as to why I've lost respect for her. She is very flippant, doesn't research anything, and jumps on every social political bandwagon without any meaningful input herself. I think she's a hypocrite, do I think it would be jarring to suddenly go from Depp Grindelwald to a new one? Yes, but if she really believes in what she claims to believe I think it is only fair and just to fire him from the production. That's my two cents and that is from the perspective of a longtime reader of her stories.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    I’m confused about the somewhat hostile and sarcastic nature of the replies to my genuine questioning of something serious.
    I'm not intentionally hostile about anything. Sometimes I'm intentionally sarcastic, but on this occasion, neither. I do however think your initial post was misguided and not particularly clever. I don't think you're misguided and not particularly clever, but perhaps regarding this specific line of questioning, you've not considered some of the same aspects other people have.

As S.D. stated, there weren’t very many pubic statements made about the decision to remove Twiggy from the lineup.
    PUBIC STATEMENTS!

Anyway yes that's correct, but Marilyn Manson isn't a democracy, neither does he have a PR department. As I'm sure you've read, Manson's sole statement on the whole affair was "I have decided to part ways with Jeordie White as a member of Marilyn Manson. He will be replaced for the upcoming tour. I wish him well."
    I think that's about as sage and concise as fans of the band could ask for. It doesn't specify details, it doesn't refer to any surrounding events that may have contributed to the decision, and for what it's worth to his friend, it leaves Twiggy's career in Marilyn Manson up to that point intact.
    The only way anyone - fans, independent observers, law enforcers, the milkman - would gain any further insight into either Manson or Twiggy's motives would be to ask them personally, and I think we can all agree that would be a dick move. Regarding Depp, maybe Manson truly believes his other close friend didn't do what everyone assumed he did. Again, none of us know these people. Maybe Amber Heard and Jessicka Addams are awful opportunists, maybe Johnny Depp and Twiggy Ramirez are awful misogynists. I've no idea, but I've also made no assumptions either way.

I want to know why Twiggy left the band and Depp was hired in that order.
    Here's a question I can answer for you easily... Not only is what you've said not what's happened, but if it was, it wouldn't be in that order!

Johnny Depp has been joining Marilyn Manson on stage for at least five years now. First, it was sporadic, now it is clear that whenever convenient, they like jamming together. The one recording session they did that ended up on a Manson album was well-publicised as having taken place after Born Villain was done, Manson even specified that it was at Depp's own studio and not in the white rooms. Depp is a full-time actor, so he's not a touring member of Marilyn Manson with dual commitments like Tyler Bates. His appearance on Saturday night just gone was brilliant to watch, but it was simply a guest spot, he's not a new guitarist in this band any more than Alice Cooper is a new singer in Marilyn Manson.
    Incidentally, I'd wager they consolidated the use of Depp and Jocelyn Binder for SAY10 and KILL4ME into a short space of time, especially as they're both directed by Bill Yukich. By that logic, both KILL4ME and the earlier SAY10 videos were filmed long before any word from Jessicka Adams regarding Twiggy Ramirez. This is especially true of SAY10, as it was released eleven days prior to her statement on Facebook.
    Fiiiiiinnnaaaallllly... Depp doesn't play music on Heaven Upside Down, and wasn't part of the recording for those two songs, so in the context of this debate you've started, he's not been 'hired' by Manson for anything other than two music videos. He's an actor, that's what they're for.

I could not possibly be less invested in Johnny Depp’s casting choices.
    Come now, this is patently not the case, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it to the table in such a specific way. Basically what you've tried to do is suggest that JK Rowling and Marilyn Manson are all good with Johnny Depp acting in their projects despite something he *might* have done, and you consider that potentially hypocritical because of a Tweet about unrelated Harry Potter stuff, and your own apparent allegiance to Twiggy Ramirez.

I obviously also wouldn’t have had a problem with Twiggy staying in the band.
    Well that's on your conscience man, if you've already decided both Depp and Ramirez are guilty, which seems to be the case. I'm happy to read something contrary, but this whole thing seems to revolve around which unproven accusation of violence towards women you prefer, and which alleged perpetrator you've got an issue with Marilyn Manson creating art with. That's not really a public discussion, more your own conundrum to figure out.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Well I’m about done with this thread because of pubic statements as quite frankly there is no coming back from or topping that.

But I will address this.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Well that's on your conscience man, if you've already decided both Depp and Ramirez are guilty, which seems to be the case. I'm happy to read something contrary, but this whole thing seems to revolve around which unproven accusation of violence towards women you prefer, and which alleged perpetrator you've got an issue with Marilyn Manson creating art with. That's not really a public discussion, more your own conundrum to figure out.
    I’m at the point where I pretty fervently actually believe every at least quasi-famous male celebrity has in reality been guitly of sexual assault or unwanted sexual advances both towards fans, girlfriends, or otherwise. I hate thinking about it but based on my personal life experiences combined with those detailed from close friends of many different ages, in addition to all the new hollywood sexual misconduct allegations, I feel like there’s just no way any male has literally never done/tried even the slightest offense. I know I’m coming into this with a negative attitude about all of it to begin with, but it’s not like the predatory celebrity culture is in any way new or news; it’s just recently been deemed “unacceptable” as opposed to “well that’s just part of the business.” To me, everyone’s guilty of something like that, and I’m highly invested in Twiggy’s public/music career, and everyone may as well be on the same level. It also happens I hate J.K. Rowling and have been extremely speculative of why, and the way and which Twiggy parted ways with MM since it happened, so everything got tied together here.

Back Door Topic is back door...
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

PUBIC STATEMENTS

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    i don't care about that,but thank you .
    Get out now while you still can!

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Get out now while you still can!

Lol
    don't tell me what to do missie