Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion.

Default Abortion.

How do you feel about the subject?

Where do you personally draw the line in regards to where life begins?

Even if an organism is 'alive' by your definition, does killing it hold the same moral weight as killing a sentient adult? (E.G. is killing a living fetus equally as unethical to you as killing a born and thinking human?) Is it only immoral to kill an organism when it has the capacity to realize it wants to live?

Let's hear it.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

It depends on whether or not the individual in question is attractive. Not too many people care about an ugly male adult being killed, unless he has the appearance of someone warm and approachable. As for infants, I try to base my opinion on whether or not they are going to grow up and vote Democrat. If they give the impression of being self-reliant and capable of critical thinking, it's best to chop 'em as soon as possible before they grow up to be another Zimmerman.

That's just my 2˘.

But if you're looking for the full buck sixty five, I'm not exactly sure where life begins. Personally I do not think that you can either create nor destroy matter. Humans are just mutations from where the sperm and egg joined together and mutated. Neither was destroyed, it just morphed into something else.

An analogy would be grabbing a blob of blue jello and then a blob of yellow jello and pushing them together to make green jello. Both the blue and yellow jello still exist, they were just transformed into something else. So, really, you can't "create" life, just rather mutate your lovejuices which evolve into a living human.

I don't have a single problem with an infant out of the womb being killed for a "benevolent reason" - i.e. the baby was going to die in a few months or something. And a fetus in the third trimester I believe is pretty much the same thing as a fresh & newly born infant out of the womb.

Do whatever is in the best interest of the child, and I hope you enjoyed my $1.65.
    Last edited by Fav; 04-18-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Did you know that if every lifeless fetus was donated to third world countries it could end world hunger? ... Donate your stillborn/aborted fetus TODAY.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

I have no problems with them at at all. My mother had like 1 or 2 before I was born. If the people aren't ready to have a kid or don't want one, more power to them.

Abortion is a question of choice. I believe women should have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies. If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

I was expecting/hoping for a bit more nuanced discussion about the issue, as opposed to simple 'yes' or 'no' answers.

For instance, at what point, if any, is too late (in your opinion) to get an abortion?

Like Favenris touched on, would you be for or against killing a freshly born child if you knew it would have a terrible life floating around foster homes or something equally (or more) bad?

Basically, at what point do you consider a life 'sacred', if you do at all? Would you swat a mosquito? Where is your line drawn?
    Last edited by Golden Eel; 04-18-2012 at 03:08 PM.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I draw the line at late term abortions unless the mother's life is endangered, or it's known the child will suffer form a cruel existence due to a medical condition. Life doesn't just begin at one moment, because every thing leading up to conception is some sort of genetic life/energy - but I don't think at any certain point it becomes sacred. I guess it depends on the emotional state of the woman though, the abortion should only take place if she's willing to part with the fetus. As long as the mother is of sound mind and decides that's what she wants, I trust her to make the decision regarding her body.

My apologies for not elaborating. My opinion doesn't really differ from that of Favenris. It should be up to the parents to decide what's best for the child. I don't consider life sacred because biologically we aren't much different from chimpanzees; chemically we're not much different from our planet; and atomically we aren't just a part of the universe, the universe is a part of us. We're in the universe and the universe is in us. So with this in mind, I don't think ending the unconscious/conscious life of a baby should be considered murder if it's in the best interests of the child. Especially since we're all matter, and it cannot be destroyed. It just becomes something else.

We make life sacred by giving meaning to our own lives in order to comprehend and accept our existence. A baby cannot give any meaning to its life, as it only has 25% brain capacity of an adult. It's up to the parents to draw the line, not the state or church.

And yeah, I've killed a mosquito. Those shits are annoying. That doesn't mean I agree with killing another human being who is capable of evaluating their existence and exercising free will. Like I said, abortion and ending your child's life is a decision for the parents. Since I'm not a parent, I don't really have anything else to say. I agree that there is a thin line between doing what's best for your child and doing what's best for yourself. Indeed, it's pretty complicated. Birth control and condoms, everybody.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Unless it happens to be my child I couldn't care less what happens to it. Kill it, eat it, raise it as a Mormon - just don't tell me about the cute shit it does thru your facebook updates. Ugh.

D:

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I am against it as a method of birth control. I am for if necessary due to the reasons Cringeon brought up.

I don't see why some people stress the sanctity of life virtue as hard as they do when it comes to abortions when at the same time they support war operations and the death penalty. Is there a specific age in which the enchantment of being a cute baby wears off and it is ok to be killed? Human capital is faint. The human population has already reached it's critical mass. Humans kill and as mortals we're all subject to death in whatever fashion it takes us. We die. It doesn't matter how. We all just die.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM