Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    I got abortion in my eyes.
    Thanks for that constructive input.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

You are welcome master.

anti-people, now you've gone too far.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    I got abortion in my eyes.
    I'm pretty sure the procedure isn't meant to be that messy.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Muddy Knees

I prefer prevention, but abortion comes in handy as a last line of defense. Overpopulation is a major problem. Guys, you are better off nipping this issue quickly by simply having a vasectomy and ridding chances of contributing to this huge problem we're currently encountering. Ladies, get your tubes tied and help us fellas out. Our unbridled numbers and the amount of resources we ingest, while at the same time polluting it back, is horrific. You, as a single individual, will increase your carbon footprint 40 times just by having two kids. I sure as shit don't want to be paying money to help out your retarded family, so help a brotha out and lighten up economic load as well. Bonus points goes out to sodomy here. Or how about buying some fucking condoms?

I believe having an abortion shows signs of the individual being irresponsible in many cases, but still a necessary procedure in keeping our population in check. That is until we can come together and stop making such a dramatic impact on the planet through reproduction. *high hopes*

Some extraneous food for thought: who else believes that having a kid involves the decision between two people instead of just the woman? Say if the woman wants the kid but the man doesn't, or vice versa? Would you not agree that if people feel responsible enough to be having sex, they should also be responsible enough with each other to make these kinds of decisions mutually? (Obviously I'm not talking about rape in this instance)

Last edited by Terrapin; 04-25-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Original AIDS provider.

Hey, you got my first use of the new "Like" thingy.

You're absolutely right, overpopulation is a massive problem that is greatly exacerbated by families with a small army of children. In 3rd world countries where birth control is harder to come by, and the children may well have a lower survival rate anyway, it's a different manner but when you see Western families popping out 4, 5, 6 or more kids just because they "love children so much!"... yeah, that kind of pisses me off. I love dogs, but I don't have a dozen of them. Kids are not toys, either. Throw all you love in to your children their whole lives, don't just pop out another when the previous outgrows that baby cute stage.

As for your second point, it's entirely up to both parties and should be discussed previously. I'd never enter in to some sort of serious relationship with someone where we were having sex regularly without having at least discussed the basics of how we feel about children and what we intend to do should she fall pregnant. It helps a lot to clear that sort of thing up before hand, before the emotion of the moment becomes involved. At the end of the day, the baby is in the woman's womb and it's her choice - if the father wants the baby and she wants to go get an abortion, it's up to her and, unfortunately, there's not much he can do about it. In the reverse case, it gets stickier - if there's an agreement that they don't want a child, but then after falling pregnant the woman has the child anyway, then what? The father is put up for 18 years of financial help against his wishes. It would seem fair that if the child was born against his wishes and proper birth control was observed in the first place etc, he shouldn't be accountable for this cost. That seems hard to put in to practice though as you then get a lot of deadbeat dads saying "Naw, I never wanted that kid!". It's not really something that's easily provable.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmorphia View Post
    Abortions are gross.
    Why is this thread even open after this astute point?

Debate is over.

count to six and die. Bound&Tied's Avatar

It's best to ask yourself, would YOU ever have an abortion. And with that, no I would not. Ever. I have no opinion towards people who have done it, or would do it when they need to. I never want to be pregnant either. I want to adopt.
    I'll confess this, you're my tragedy. I laid you to rest just as fast as you turned on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Some extraneous food for thought: who else believes that having a kid involves the decision between two people instead of just the woman? Say if the woman wants the kid but the man doesn't, or vice versa? Would you not agree that if people feel responsible enough to be having sex, they should also be responsible enough with each other to make these kinds of decisions mutually? (Obviously I'm not talking about rape in this instance)
    Men have total free will- both biologically and socially, to determine what vaginas our DNA ends up in. From a totally naturalistic perspective, it's our responsibility to make sure those vaginas are places where our potential offspring will be carried to term if that's important to us. Many men naturally seem to feel that once their "work" is done, there is some expectation of mutual consideration between them and a female. In reality, any consideration to carry our offspring to term is elective on the part of the female and is dependent on the merit of the male. So while I agree that a responsible man will likely only be impregnating a woman with a child being the goal of both parties, there is always a chance that the woman may decide "No, actually... I changed my mind and I don't want to have your child." In that case congratulations, you've failed at reproduction- either in mate selection, or maintaining the pair bond with your female partner.

I think the idea that the wishes of the man in any pregnancy situation- planned or unplanned, are entitled to any consideration- particularly legal consideration, is very dangerous and should be rejected on principle in every case.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Faces View Post
    I think the idea that the wishes of the man in any pregnancy situation- planned or unplanned, are entitled to any consideration- particularly legal consideration, is very dangerous and should be rejected on principle in every case.
    I really disagree with this. The choice to have/not have a child is a massive, life changing decision. This so, I feel it is important for the views of both parties to be considered and a mutual agreement achieved. Frankly, I think it is rude and inconsiderate not to respect the views held by the male in the relationship should pregnancy occur.