Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: BV and the Triptych - Crushing, cheating, changing/Creator, preserver, destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    Can't believe that manson believes in that shit.I thought he was an atheist A LA Richard Dawkins style,but it appears to me that he believes in deja vu and past and next lives and souls and all of that shit.
    None of those things you mentioned have anything to do with atheism.

But yes, Manson believes in all sorts of bullshittery. It's sad.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    But yes, Manson believes in all sorts of bullshittery. It's sad.
    If this is the case, then you agree with me and the statement I mentioned above is still valid.This stuff has nothing to do with atheism because occult requires as much faith as religion it self, it is just sugar coated and less boring than religion ( and much less violent too).

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Hard to believe someone as intelligent and smart as him believe in these stuff, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Hard to believe someone as intelligent and smart as him believe in these stuff, but oh well.
    Maybe in 10 years we will see a conversion.Well, a religious one.

If this is the case, then you agree with me and the statement I mentioned above is still valid.This stuff has nothing to do with atheism because occult requires as much faith as religion it self, it is just sugar coated and less boring than religion ( and much less violent too).
    Well, no. You can be a religious atheist. The term atheist only applies to belief in a deity. So you can believe in any number of whacky supernatural occurrences and still be considered an atheist. The only prerequisite for atheism is a lack of belief in a deity.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Sorry, I don't like to derail threads or spoil them but discussion sometimes expands.

However,

check 3:51

Moreover,this video talks about the idea of the villain and it was in 2010 before announcing the album's title.

Can't believe that manson believes in that shit.I thought he was an atheist A LA Richard Dawkins style,but it appears to me that he believes in deja vu and past and next lives and souls and all of that shit.
    Manson has never once claimed atheism or denounced the idea of God or Jesus. He has only ever railed against Religious institutions. He's always been quite spiritual and open minded.

Quote Originally Posted by VCR View Post

I also tried to find the quote where he says he prefers when the listener comes up with their own interpretations of his music and it does not mean that it is wrong because it is what the listener believes.

Myself I believe that BV->THEOL->EMDM is a full story. different than the original triptych, but when I listen to it. or what I can from BV I can feel it. It is about him, his emotions how he deals with things. I wish I could find that quote but the search feature on MQ buggy as fuck
    GAOG, EMDM and THEOL were all chronologically written albums. So they are a TRILOGY. Where as the Triptych is overlapping and non-linear. I feel the Lyrics of Born Villain are incredibly biographical to Manson. More so than usual. Going back not just on recent events but his entire career and combining the Fiction of the Triptych with his life as presented in the Trilogy of GAOG onward. Creating the best of all worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Wtf does intelligence have to with what you believe in?

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Agendum View Post
    Manson has never once claimed atheism or denounced the idea of God or Jesus. He has only ever railed against Religious institutions. He's always been quite spiritual and open minded.
    He just burnt the bible a bunch of times.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by EverInfamousReaper View Post
    Wtf does intelligence have to with what you believe in?
    Sorry, that came out really rude. I just meant that if you believe in santa claus or anything like that, you can't be that smart. And if you are smart, and do believe in it, then I find that weird.