Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 134

Thread: BV and the Triptych - Crushing, cheating, changing/Creator, preserver, destroyer

  1. #41
    Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.08.12
    Posts: 1,217
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedGod View Post
    Ok, so the man believes in "superstisious bullshit". STop listening to him NOW! He doesn't qualify to be an atheist and this apparently does not sit well with you.
    No Dear , that won't stop me from listening to him even if he decided to convert to liberal Judaism or Islam like cat Stevens who I didn't stop listening to after he converted to Islam.I'm not that twat and close minded.I started talking about this point because I found a contradiction between what Manson was saying in Hollywood especially in the songs Godhead and the fight song when he said" I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist"announcing that he is not a slave to a god that doesn't exist and between talking about Dejavu and souls etc,... and believing in it .This kinda confused me and added to this confusion what he said in the interview which I put a part from.



    Cool down mate.I was discussing Manson's beliefs which aren't not a taboo and I didn't mean to backlash him at all and I won't, I'm just kinda confused .

    Please, may any mod here take this discussion into a separate topic about Manson's beliefs because I felt that I derailed this topic.Again I'm saying that I was just discussing Manson's beliefs that confused me albeit it won't affect my fandom because this forum is about discussing the man himself and his art.

    thank you all,
    Last edited by Whisky And Speed; 04-23-2012 at 11:20 AM.


  2. #42
    Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.08.12
    Posts: 1,217
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sans Agendum View Post
    Wait a tic. Are you saying that the word 'superstisious' doesn't automatically discredit anything not proven by modern science to you? Like that maybe the same as people thought the world being round was crazy talk and that maybe someday we'll have scientific evidence of realities we simply have yet to discover? Are you implying that maybe there's more to the world that can be experienced with our evolved animal senses?

    GET OUT OF TOWN! That's just IDIOTIC and STUPID! D:
    Hi Sans Agendum,

    The definition of superstition is anything we can't be sure of using our five senses and science couldn't find any proof of it's existence.This includes souls, fate, tarot, past and next lives, astral projection and some historical figures like Moses and Jesus and Buddha.

    Gotta admit that we are close minded in a way or another whether we were Christians or atheists or Muslims .However, that is the norm and it seems that Manson is that open minded at least those couple of years and opted to try new things in life (but don't try Jehovah witness please Manson).
    Last edited by Whisky And Speed; 04-23-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: writing while unfocused


  3. #43

    Join Date: 01.20.12
    Posts: 1,133
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    Hi Sans Agendum,

    The definition of superstition is anything we can't be sure of using our five senses and science couldn't find any proof of it's existence.This includes souls, fate, tarot, past and next lives, astral projection and some historical figures like Moses and Jesus and Buddha.

    Gotta admit that we are close minded in a way or another whether we were Christians or atheists or Muslims .However, that is the norm and it seems that Manson is that open minded at least those couple of years and opted to try new things in life (but don't try Jehovah witness please Manson).
    I'm sorry you thought there was some sort of discussion going on. I know what it means. The difference between you and the figures you pointed out is that they are still remembered thousands of years later where as you will be forgotten perhaps 200 years after your death, and when you're gone after that amount of time nobody will even remember or tell stories about you so you won't even be a superstition. Or even a historical figure. So I guess that means you don't exist. Just because you can't prove something with man made science doesn't really mean anything. It just makes you FEEL like you know something because it's the popular way of thinking.

  4. #44

    Join Date: 04.10.12
    Posts: 903
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    Well, no. You can be a religious atheist. The term atheist only applies to belief in a deity. So you can believe in any number of whacky supernatural occurrences and still be considered an atheist. The only prerequisite for atheism is a lack of belief in a deity.
    "Religious" is probably not the best word to use, since many people associate "religious" with faith-based, and a faith-based atheist would not make any sense at all.

    Being an atheist means that you are just as skeptical in regards to the supernatural because there is no scientific evidence to support it - just like god/deities. I don't believe in the existence of ghosts for the very same reason I don't believe in a god - There is no proof to support the claims that they exist. If I knew someone who believed in "whacky supernatural occurrences" and claimed to be an atheists, I'd wonder if they actually knew what atheism is.

  5. #45
    Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.08.12
    Posts: 1,217
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sans Agendum View Post
    I'm sorry you thought there was some sort of discussion going on.
    What you call it then? what is your definition of discussion.I guess because I'm the one who started the discussion not an another intellectually superior member you don't acknowledge it.

    Never mind,let's get back to the point.

    The difference between you and the figures you pointed out is that they are still remembered thousands of years later where as you will be forgotten perhaps 200 years after your death,
    And maybe after 10 hours of my death.However, if I managed to be famous don't worry about me being remembered cause it is still early to talk about it.I know that this was an example to help me figure out your point about historical figures.The problem is that Jesus didn't leave any Physical evidence to prove his existence.You compared me with Jesus and this is unfair because my existence is contemporary and if I died I'll leave material possessions like my clothes to prove that I was here while Jesus didn't leave any.The same case with the rest of the historical figures.Did you get my point? I meant physical evidence because physical evidence differentiates us from myths like Krishna and Buddha.We can prove that Hitler was real because of his material possessions and his body while that's not the case with Rama or Krishna.We call them myths because of their lack of physical evidence.

    That's all.
    Last edited by Whisky And Speed; 04-23-2012 at 12:00 PM.


  6. #46

    Join Date: 04.10.12
    Posts: 903
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sans Agendum View Post
    I'm sorry you thought there was some sort of discussion going on. I know what it means. The difference between you and the figures you pointed out is that they are still remembered thousands of years later where as you will be forgotten perhaps 200 years after your death, and when you're gone after that amount of time nobody will even remember or tell stories about you so you won't even be a superstition. Or even a historical figure. So I guess that means you don't exist. Just because you can't prove something with man made science doesn't really mean anything. It just makes you FEEL like you know something because it's the popular way of thinking.
    Haha, "man made science". Yeah, there's no real discussion going on when you say ridiculous things like that in an attempt to discredit science. You're only showing your ignorance about the subject. Understanding how things work is not "man made".

    Are you insinuating that because science supposedly cannot prove that something does not exist, that it therefor exists?

    You're example is equally confusing. If someone is dead and forgotten for 200+ years that doesn't mean they didn't exist. Surely there would be documents and photographic evidence that the person you're responding to existed. That's also completely different than claiming that a man existed, was born of a virgin, had ridiculous powers, became a zombie, and was the son of god. There's no evidence to support any of that. Unless you consider an age old book that's been re-written and interpreted many, many times as being evidence.

  7. #47
    Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.08.12
    Posts: 1,217
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    became a zombie, and was the son of god.
    I love zombies.BTW, Jesus was the first zombie, that's what Manson said not me.


  8. #48

    Join Date: 02.07.12
    Posts: 60
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    No Dear , that won't stop me from listening to him even if he decided to convert to liberal Judaism or Islam like cat Stevens who I didn't stop listening to after he converted to Islam.I'm not that twat and close minded.I started talking about this point because I found a contradiction between what Manson was saying in Hollywood especially in the songs Godhead and the fight song when he said" I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist"announcing that he is not a slave to a god that doesn't exist and between talking about Dejavu and souls etc,... and believing in it .This kinda confused me and added to this confusion what he said in the interview which I put a part from.



    Cool down mate.I was discussing Manson's beliefs which aren't not a taboo and I didn't mean to backlash him at all and I won't, I'm just kinda confused .

    Please, may any mod here take this discussion into a separate topic about Manson's beliefs because I felt that I derailed this topic.Again I'm saying that I was just discussing Manson's beliefs that confused me albeit it won't affect my fandom because this forum is about discussing the man himself and his art.

    thank you all,
    Manson never states which god he is speaking of in that song, that line is referring to people who try to force their religious beliefs onto other people, while we're quoting how about disposable teens? "I never really hated, the one true god, just the god of the people I hated." hmmm... maybe we shouldn't take what Manson says at face value?

  9. #49
    Amputated Limbo ThreeEyedGod's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Posts: 1,925
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Can this brewing atheis vs. theist discussion please be moved to the already established debate looming in the Alternative Ideas thread? Make sure y'all look around first so as to not keep going around in circles.

  10. #50
    Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.08.12
    Posts: 1,217
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    I requested to move it to a separate thread already.This thread should be about Manson not alternative ideas! as it has nothing to do with it,unless that Manson is an alternative idea himself.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS