Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Born Villain Your Reviews

I've noticed that it seems to be the fans of those last two dog turds some people insist on referring to as albums that don't seem to be liking BV.

What's the matter? Can't take a real MM album?

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    I've noticed that it seems to be the fans of those last two dog turds some people insist on referring to as albums that don't seem to be liking BV.

I'm a huge fan of Eat Me, Drink Me. I regard it as easily the most underrated album in his discography, and as being at least better than Portrait of an American Family and The Golden Age of Grotesque. It isn't always perfect, and fails when it tries to move up-tempo ala "Mutilation" or "You And Me And The Devil Make 3", but when it stays on-target - as in the sorrowful melodies of "Evidence" and the haunting chord progression of the title track - it's excellent.

But I'll readily admit that Born Villain beats the pants off of it. It does up-tempo far better than EMDM, and has the added bonus of doing the slower death-march style of song just as well. That's not to detract from Eat Me, Drink Me, though. I still think it has some of the strongest individual songs in his repertoire.

(The less said about THEOL, the better.)

BV is not an album that has two good songs, and the rest are fillers... The album is enjoyable from track 1-14. there is no skip song for me when I listen it on my ipod

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Eat Me, Drink Me. I regard it as easily the most underrated album in his discography, and as being at least better than Portrait of an American Family and The Golden Age of Grotesque. It isn't always perfect, and fails when it tries to move up-tempo ala "Mutilation" or "You And Me And The Devil Make 3", but when it stays on-target - as in the sorrowful melodies of "Evidence" and the haunting chord progression of the title track - it's excellent.

But I'll readily admit that Born Villain beats the pants off of it. It does up-tempo far better than EMDM, and has the added bonus of doing the slower death-march style of song just as well. That's not to detract from Eat Me, Drink Me, though. I still think it has some of the strongest individual songs in his repertoire.

(The less said about THEOL, the better.)

THEOL=EMDM without the terrible guitar solos. They're both terrible records.

But yeah, BV is great.

I liked the last two albums and also like this album. EMDM got me interested in Manson again since I stopped giving a shit after GAOG came out (that is a terrible album).

Those albums ruined Manson's legacy, image and career arguably more than Columbine did because they were terrible.

Manson's biggest defence against his detractors has always been the quality behind his music, and that was lacking for a while. He's shutting a lot of people up now though, myself included, with Born Villain.

I think he was always great. Different, yes. But that is what we loved about him anyway. Constant changing/evolving. Every album sounds different with a curve ball and different themes. It's not a come back when he never left. Just because some people do not accept or understand all of his changes with open arms (and to their own right as a fan), doesnt mean that he failed. Just that everyone has different tastes. Manson has lost and gained fans on every single album, going all the way back to Spooky Kids days. This is nothing new. EMDM and THEOL were no exceptions.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

It'a a matter of taste weather you accept it or not and it is not an excuse to trash anyone . However, I agree that born villain is a way better than THEOL which wasn't focused while having some good tracks.

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by arkahno View Post
    Seriously, I have been hearing this album all daylong, this is pure win, is an amazing album. Just FANTASTIC!
    /\

One of the best things about Born Villain is seeing the old school fans loving it. I have two friends who are Manson fans since Antichrist came out and they just LOVE the album, one of them was really impressed, because he didn't have high expectations regarding the album.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    I liked the last two albums and also like this album. EMDM got me interested in Manson again since I stopped giving a shit after GAOG came out (that is a terrible album).
    EMDM received some positive feedback at the time it came unlike THEOL.