Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Born Villain Your Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JT_ View Post
    He doesn't enunciate anymore but I've noticed a lot of the imperfections are in his double tracking, a lot of them aren't sung perfectly in sync together so it just sounds messy.
    What's up with the UGGHHHHHH after words, No ReflectionUGHHHHH? he's been doing that for a few records but it's at it's worse currently.
    That's been bothering me too with this album. I listen and wonder why someone didn't tell him to redo some of the backing vocals.

Terror Peen

^@Whiskey: Please learn to multi-quote. Your posts are grating, to say the least. Btw, if you want review articles you do realize you are on a Manson fan-site correct? http://www.providermodule.com/media/...v=emdm_reviews

Have yet to hear the album. From what I hear with the songs chosen from Spotify, I'm not entirely keen on. Nothing bad going on, but nothing that knocked me on my ass so far and nothing I'd feel like sharing with anyone. Mediocre stuff, really. We'll see how the album turns out as a whole. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and not letting previous reviews raise me up or get me down. I'll give it an honest listen, which is what Manson deserves for all my years of enjoyment. I think my feelings so far stem simply from growing up, unfortunately. Not digging much of the stuff I used to really be into.
    Last edited by Terrapin; 04-26-2012 at 03:04 PM.

^Thanks, was just about to post that.

@Whiskey. I could have sworn that THEOL got a better fan reception than EMDM, mainly due to the hype of Twiggy being back in the band. Although you're right about the tour, he got a lot of shit for that.
    Last edited by iggy; 04-26-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    If you scream a lot your voice gets shot and he abused his voice in the end of breaking the same old ground and the long scream in hey cruel world and overneath the path of misery.I studied voices and singing and I know that this screaming is wrong and shots even the strongest voices on earth.
    the damage to his voice started long before this album was recorded and it's due in no small part to his lifestyle. the dude is not in particularly good shape. he's a heavy drinker and god only knows what else. he gets winded easily and that makes "singing" aggressively very difficult. in addition, his vocal chords have endured years of abuse from all the screaming at live shows and whatnot.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manichaeist View Post
    the damage to voice started long before this album was recorded and it's due in no small part to his lifestyle. the dude is not in particularly good shape. he's a heavy drinker and god only knows what else. he gets winded easily and that makes "singing" aggressively very difficult. in addition, his vocal chords have endured years of abuse from all the screaming at live shows and whatnot.
    This adds to what I wanna say.

MM is fat and can't sing. Yes we know. We caught on to that fact in 2007. Can we move on now?

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    MM is fat and can't sing. Yes we know. We caught on to that fact in 2007. Can we move on now?
    I think he still has the capability to sing better than he does currently, but not with his current trend of booze and drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by JT_ View Post
    I think he still has the capability to sing better than he does currently, but not with his current trend of booze and drugs.
    I think this is probably true. If he took better care of himself (i.e. lost weight and went sober), his voice would improve. I don't know if it could be as good as it was, but it wouldn't sound like it does at live shows now.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Born Villain and not Manson's weight and drug use?

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    Isn't this thread supposed to be about Born Villain and not Manson's weight and drug use?
    his weight and drug use have contributed to a less than stellar vocal performance on Born Villain

thread back on track