Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Born Villain Your Reviews

I absolutely LOVE Born Villain. I am so goddamn impressed and falling in love with these songs. It's masterful, and so creative. Feels like a whole new dimension.

A fuckin' PLUS.
    Cocksuckasaurus.

Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

I'm in the song 6 and it is fucking mind blowing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dronepool View Post
    It's definitely the best thing work the band has done since Holy Wood and probably the most original album since Mechanical Animals. Upon my first listen I like every track. However not equally, I absolutely love Slo-Mo-tion, Children Of Cain, Flowers of Evil, Disengaged, Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms and Born Villain.

Pistol Whipped and No Reflection are good, but probably the least impressionable on me.
    THIS!

Just quick thoughts...

Wow, that was an amazing album; definitely the best outside of the Triptych. I loved every song, however I thought "Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms" sounds a little too much like most of modern rock (still love the song, though). In terms of the lyrical content, I really liked it. That said, I'm going to need repeated listens to fully grasp the lyrics. This greatly exceeded my expectations, well done Manson and Co.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

This record makes me want to fuck, kill, and dance to. That is all for now. Literally, and not figuratively.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Follow ieoshua On Twitter Follow ieoshua on Tumblr Visit ieoshua's Instagram Channel

No one has said a word about the full version of Overneath The Path Of Misery, it's awesome, the drums are kick ass

Catholic Girls with UZIs johncraze's Avatar

Overneath is really ANTHEMIC!, and how it ends, the last verse, the doom in the guitar... Manson at his best.

I'm still a bit eh on Pistol Whipped and I'm not really sure what I think of Breaking the Same Old Ground, but overall this seems to be a really good Manson album, though a very different Manson album. The real judgment will come with time, of course, but right now I'd rank it above GAOG and below Holywood. I especially like how the bass seems to take the lead so much at times on this album.

I don't know if I'm misremembering, but it seems like they worked on Overneath a bit more after that trailer/video was released for it. The album version seems to have more punch to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaglie View Post
    I'm still a bit eh on Pistol Whipped and I'm not really sure what I think of Breaking the Same Old Ground, but overall this seems to be a really good Manson album, though a very different Manson album. The real judgment will come with time, of course, but right now I'd rank it above GAOG and below Holywood. I especially like how the bass seems to take the lead so much at times on this album.

I don't know if I'm misremembering, but it seems like they worked on Overneath a bit more after that trailer/video was released for it. The album version seems to have more punch to it.
    ya.. he released that trailer with a version that was no where near as good as the album version. Overneath is going to be my favorite Manson song for a very long time.

I can't even choose a favorite...easily up there with the triptych. When Hey Cruel World kicked in it was like being hit with a bullet made of fucking awesome. Then the whole album carried through just as well.