Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: To what extent do you think Jeordie lived out his persona role?

Default To what extent do you think Jeordie lived out his persona role?

Based on numerous interviews and footage of the band including Mr. White circa 94-01 we seem to get an idea that he did follow the lifestyle around his persona to an extent which implied it wasn't a simply just a stage persona or just a makeover to fit the band.

But do we really know that twiggy really was 100 legit ? Do you think he took it as a musical job he could play along with or a real phase/era he experienced in the old days.?Since he was so tight with Brian in creating a lot of the music which went hand in hand with the lifestyle and fashion, which manson to a degree pioneered, its hard to tell.

We do know he had tastes in goth and industrial music but throughout he always seemed to be fixated on metal, hard rock country/blues and moderate alternative etc.. rather than things relating more to the gothic subculture or at times things more in the true vein of what manson was interested in.

No disrepect to anyone here. Just posing a question. I'm an old fan maybe what i'm saying sounds weird and outdated. New to these forums.

Administrator
    OPERA-TION
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I think much like anyone who is in a band like Marilyn Manson for as long as Twiggy was prior to his break, you just get to a point where maybe you don't know who you are anymore. I don't think he started going by Jeordie in an attempt to distance himself from his role in MM, but just trying to rediscover himself. That said, I think once Goon Moon really got rolling and his whole mismash personality of styles came back into play - he took back up the name Twiggy because it really who he is as a musician.

I've been a fan for a long time, and honestly I think everything Twiggy did outside of MM while he was gone has only improved his abilities as a guitarist, song writing and vocalist. Any extra ounce of Twiggy that can be added back into the MM mix is only going to make the band that much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    I think everything Twiggy did outside of MM while he was gone has only improved his abilities as a guitarist, song writing and vocalist. Any extra ounce of Twiggy that can be added back into the MM mix is only going to make the band that much stronger.
    I definitely agree with this.

I think much like anyone who is in a band like Marilyn Manson for as long as Twiggy was prior to his break, you just get to a point where maybe you don't know who you are anymore. I don't think he started going by Jeordie in an attempt to distance himself from his role in MM, but just trying to rediscover himself.
    He did say in the A&E Biography that his role in the band was starting to take over who he was as a person. He always did seem to have a spiritual/holistic flare (the guru in the episode of 'Cribs', for example).
    Some months ago he announced on Facebook that he had been clean and sober for one year. I can't help but wonder how this effects his relationship to Manson himself?

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by necrospasms View Post
    I can't help but wonder how this effects his relationship to Manson himself?
    It doesn't affect it negatively.In fact ,this will have a very positive influence on manson himself musically and personally too.I always had the feeling that twiggy always have a positive influence on manson and his decisions won't affect their relationship again like what was in the past because both manson and twiggy had lessons to learn.
    Last edited by Whisky And Speed; 04-26-2012 at 09:00 AM.

I think much like anyone who is in a band like Marilyn Manson for as long as Twiggy was prior to his break, you just get to a point where maybe you don't know who you are anymore. I don't think he started going by Jeordie in an attempt to distance himself from his role in MM, but just trying to rediscover himself. That said, I think once Goon Moon really got rolling and his whole mismash personality of styles came back into play - he took back up the name Twiggy because it really who he is as a musician.
    well, i think he probably took back the name twiggy (while dropping the "ramirez" part of it) because when it comes to marilyn manson that's the name that everyone knows him better as in that band. a good portion of the people who know him personally still call him jeordie and he even goes by his real name on FB and Twitter. i think he's reached a nice happy medium in his life at this point and esp. with the sobriety thing. it's a nice thing to see.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Hi pal, I came across this quotation from a recent revolver interview in march this year concerning the work relationship between manson and twiggy:

Q: This is your second record with Twiggy since he returned to the band. How has your working relationship with him changed over the years?

Marilyn Manson: Well, it depends. It’s been a weird road. He’s had a strange year, a transformational year for him. I don’t walk about his personal life, but... I was much more heavy-handed, musically, in the songwriting and the production of this album. Twiggy is very visceral. He plays from his dick, in a sense that’s metaphorical and sometimes literal. He came in really strong with what he does best: amazing guitar riffs. But the mindset he was in was quite different than mine. I could see what he wanted, because we’re like brothers, and I took that tried to shape it with him. Making this record, I had such a clear idea that was forming... but the difference was, I didn’t really share it with anyone involved.

Q: Why not?

Marilyn Manson: I don’t know... It’s sort of an Art of War thing, where if you tell everyone everything you’re thinking, sometimes it will influence what they’re doing, and it will also confuse them. My brain has so many different tangents, obviously, that if I were to try to explain something while we were writing a song together, it would keep them from doing what they would do, instead of letting them. I would be telling them what I would do, instead of letting them do what they do. That’s why Twiggy and I collaborate so well - he knows what he thinks that I want, and I know what I want from him. If I tell him what I want, he’ll do something different. But organically, innately, he’ll do what I want if I just give him the inspiration. Out of anyone I’ve ever worked with, he’s the only one I can always trust to do what he does best, if I give him the opportunity to do it. There’s never any ego that comes into it. Now, he’s a brat, and he’s like a little brother to me, so he’s a pain in the ass - as I am. So we have our friction, but that’s like with any good relationship.
    this has the ultimate answer.

thanks,
    Last edited by Whisky And Speed; 04-25-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

I've been a fan for a long time, and honestly I think everything Twiggy did outside of MM while he was gone has only improved his abilities as a guitarist, song writing and vocalist. Any extra ounce of Twiggy that can be added back into the MM mix is only going to make the band that much stronger.
    My thoughts exactly.