Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Too many bootleg Spooky Kids Flyers on ebay

Default Too many bootleg Spooky Kids Flyers on ebay

I just paid i fortune for a whole bunch of flyers in a lot and it turned out the flyers were either photocopied or scanned and printed onto colored paper. Maybe i'm overreacting and they are fine.

Could you guys tell if i scan a few?

Follow absinthe bunny On Twitter

It's hard to tell. I got a lot of them but not sure which are original. It's pretty easy to copy them, it's just a black print on a colored paper, not much professional material needed to copy those.
    NEW WEBSITE LAYOUT UPLOADED 22/09/2013:

Usually the originals, which have been posted by old homepages and ebay sellers have a more wrinkled feel, the ink tends to be doted and more spotty, as analog copiers were much more common in the early 90's. The originals will have stronger outlines. and not kinda stretched neither on larger paper or resized cropped. But still like you said its hard to tell.

Alumni

I think a lot of the ones that appear on ebay are rescanned/photocopied versions. The thing I wouldn't mind if sellers were upfront about this but more often than not they claim them as original - but when you get them you can tell they have been newly photocopied. In one ways it's not too bad, afterall it goes in keeping with the original Spookykids self marketing. And I do have a few original Spookykid flyers and fanclub items from a friend who gave me her items, but I just think people should be more upfront. I'm sure people will still be okay with buying them because they are still getting a flyer/etc, it's just unfair to market them as originals if they are not.