Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucifer as a symbolic role model.

I wouldn't say that Lucifer is a 'role model' to me, but I do resonate with the Lucifer archetype, and have been studying it's parallels to my life since around 2002 or so now. It's a long story.

For me, it's more about wisdom and knowledge, and being my own 'bearer of light'. I find great pleasure in making my own way through life, and being and enjoying who and what I am even if it goes against what it considered 'right' and 'normal' to the masses. I care not that I have fallen in the eyes of others, as only I can determine what is right for me.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Catholic Girls with UZIs johncraze's Avatar

Well, one thing is for sure, the christian mythos would be one hell of a bore without him.

He's an archetype and a metaphor for me, and I'll go with the "Manson way" of viewing him, he's a villain, he steers up all the change and moves the story forward. Also I'm up with William Blake's vision of devils n' demons in his proverbs, they're creativity, while angels are stuck up overly rational beings.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

i never really hated the One True G-D, but the god-of- the- people I HATED

Follow crazybitch On Twitter Follow crazybitch on Tumblr Visit crazybitch's Instagram Channel

I am a bit in love with the idea of Lucifer. I mean, u can't have a perfect world without something to provoke questions, and if Evil or cruelty, Lucifer and Satan has a place and reason just like the idea of a human-like God and a consort of angels. But I do not think they are battling each other, I think in essence---we are all battling ourselves. Each aspect is like a face of one infinite myriad of possible thoughts. We have an Oppressive God, we have a compassionate God. We have an adversarial God called Satan. Christianity essentially made Evil into a "Godhead". Is it wrong to believe that Christianity has perverted history and truth or is there a bigger picture to this? When did we stop recording the prophets words in writing, because it is now considered unholy to be a prophet. U can only be a poet or an actress or a singer or artist. But no one's allowed to believe in anything anymore than their own skin.

I also am a bit perplexed as I had a premonition about the airplane that went missing on March 8, there were 2. But I was having visions of it and imagined I was shieldling it from evil, and asked for divine intervention.

I didn't even know this happened until later, but my dad was on a plane to Asia too. Ironic. I'd rather just hang onto the irony of this all. There's no reason to believe someone is completely crazy if they just have a "scientific brain imbalance which can be corrected" and when its corrected no longer appear ill. So let's call them recovered. Look. My psychiatrist never asked if I was better yet. This is life.

Lucifer is my role model.

Lucifer is actually referred to as the 'Morning Star,' the giver of light and enlightenment, but not really worshipped like a god. He's a representation of exploration, non-violence and living every day to the fullest and understand the difference of right and wrong. He's actually a very positive figure for intellectualism and would be a good role model for children. A real symbol of humanism.

Christians and other misconstrued religions tend to distort his image with an association with 'Satan' who is really seen as nothing more than a personification of evil and perverseness, not of actual existence. But even Satan can be seen in better light.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Manic Queen Of Depression Coma_White's Avatar

I always did relate to lucifer and to me he's great as a role model, because his message is (in my opinion) to always follow your own thoughts and beliefs and never suppress your real feelings and ideas for anybody. If he had enough balls to go against the self-proclaimed creator, and change the world so majorly, then why should we bow down to other mortal humans?

Always exercise your individuality and keep true to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock Hazard View Post
    Lucifer is actually referred to as the 'Morning Star,' the giver of light and enlightenment, but not really worshipped like a god. He's a representation of exploration, non-violence and living every day to the fullest and understand the difference of right and wrong. He's actually a very positive figure for intellectualism and would be a good role model for children. A real symbol of humanism.

Christians and other misconstrued religions tend to distort his image with an association with 'Satan' who is really seen as nothing more than a personification of evil and perverseness, not of actual existence. But even Satan can be seen in better light.
    It is curious that the "morning star" reference comes from the book of Isaiah (14:12), in which he was originally refering to what we know today as planet Venus. Tons of translations and interpretations of the bible throughout the centuries is what transformed Luciferi in one of the principal names for the biggest enemy of god.

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Well yes, personal enlightenment and reason does tend to be an enemy of God with Lucifer being a symbolic carrier of it. This can be translated as an 'antichrist' as well. No matter what translation you're reading, God hates diversity of thought, beliefs and lifestyles therefore God hates us all. But Lucifer loves you!

Satan is evil. That's all i'm gonna say y'all.

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

You know, "satan" was merely a Hebrew word for anyone who opposes the Jews. The old testament itself is Jewish, after all. And "Lucifer" is an alteration of a Latin word which misunderstood the word being used in a mistranslation by a Greek person. Mistranslation is why the Jewish prefer to keep the book in hebrew and for Zionists to learn Hebrew.

'Satan' [ שָּׂטָן ] itself means adversary. But its also used as a verb, like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Torah, "In the Desert of" (Numbers) 22.22
    וַיִּחַר-אַף אֱלֹהִים, כִּי-הוֹלֵךְ הוּא, וַיִּתְיַצֵּב מַלְאַךְ יְהוָה בַּדֶּרֶךְ, לְשָׂטָן לוֹ; וְהוּא רֹכֵב עַל-אֲתֹנוֹ, וּשְׁנֵי נְעָרָיו עִמּוֹ.
    But [Elohim] was was incensed at his going; so an angel of [JHVH] blocked/thwarted (or satan'd) [ לְשָׂטָן ] his path.
    There is no singular character in The Tanakh, or the original Jewish version of what christians call the old testament, named Satan. In fact, its never used as a name; its only used as an adjective, an ordinary noun (nowhere is it used as a proper noun), and of course as a verb. In Job, there is one referred to as "the adversary", lit. 'the satan' [ גַם-הַשָּׂטָן ]. But as poetic writings, Job is arguably referring to the adversary of the story. But I think Job is the instance where most debate has occurred over the existence of the christian character, Satan.

Furthermore, 'Lucifer' was a mere title given Babylon as a whole, as Babylon was often referred to as a single figure by the Jewish deity. The title was [ הילל בן שחר ] which translates to "shining one, son of the morning", which in Greek looks like ἑωσφόρος (heōsphoros) which translates lit. 'bringer of dawn.' And that translates into latin as "luciferi" which in Olde English they used Lucifer as a name.

The story in Isaiah, Ch. 13 & 14 is Isaiah's message from his deity to the Babylonians about vengeance for all the things they'd done to the Iraelis. In context, the passage in question is referring to how Babylon had risen above all other nations because it was, as the Isaiah puts it, [ חוֹלֵשׁ עַל-גּוֹיִם ] a conqueror of nations [Isaiah 14.12]. But he is proclaiming that Babylon will fall because the Israelis believe in the true god and Babylonians are heathens, etc.

That said, I think "shining one" does have its symbolic reference when talking about Babylon. They were a beacon to the world, a lot of countries turned to them for trade and for protection, etc. They were to then as America is to now, pretty much. As for the symbolic role of the 'satans', I think honestly, its pretty straightforward in that regard.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

15. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post