Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lucifer as a symbolic role model.

Copy of an Imitation GlitchyFlame's Avatar
    Follow GlitchyFlame On Twitter

I think that Lucifer is a great role model. While I do think that he is just as fictional as God himself, he did give humans thinking skills. God wanted everyone to be his mindless drone, and if you're not, you're going to hell.
    Also that brings up the thought, what if hell was a paradise for "evil" souls? Like Heaven but with blackjack and hookers.

(TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

The only clue I ever found , as to do with 'The Light Bringer' with the worries of those Who Believe Jesus Christ as their Savior & take the Holy Bible as Literal , is the 2 Corinthians 11:14 , paraphrased With style is that Even the Adversary would Cloak himself as an Angel Of Light - .. ( which , by the way really fascinates ..as a Reader of John Keel & Robert Anton Wilson ) Okay , the odd Paradox that provokes Me , is that the Holy Bible is filled with references to Light worship , Our whole culture actually , Pagan , Abrahamic , New Age , all embrace & trust Light , It's even worked itself into advertising products ! LIGHT Beer ? Wtf ? no-0ne really Questions it much .. Why is that ? only a few references to light have the MaSses worries .. Like Latin stuff Lol'Ss Illumianti ..okay the enlightened Ones .. Light workers , Luciferians , But go On to worship Light in all other areas >?? Solar Worship much folks ? Of course there are a few who bring up AstroTheology , Venus , Sol - Luc , Soo I Suspect this is the right thread for this Opinion of mine , Something I give lots of thought too , My Answer is Hell Fuckin No , Lucifer is not a God damn role Model of mine Lol'Ss Question things more Please .. ... TFE
    . . the fear takes hold

3. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Two Faced Egg (23) View Post
    the odd Paradox that provokes Me , is that the Holy Bible is filled with references to Light worship , Our whole culture actually , Pagan , Abrahamic , New Age , all embrace & trust Light , It's even worked itself into advertising products ! LIGHT Beer ? Wtf ? no-0ne really Questions it much ..

roflmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    I think that Lucifer is a great role model. While I do think that he is just as fictional as God himself, he did give humans thinking skills. God wanted everyone to be his mindless drone, and if you're not, you're going to hell.
    Also that brings up the thought, what if hell was a paradise for "evil" souls? Like Heaven but with blackjack and hookers.
    Your death's desire.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Lucifer as a role model, it just is. It will always be in influence and there is always duality in everything that is known and exists.

Dude.

The figure of Lucifer is fairly contested in modern theology because he's a designated villan: he just challenged God in order to make an example about challenging a supreme being. Luciferism, conversely, puts Lucifer as the air entity: the one of leadership, wisdom.

It's up to the reader tho to figure out if that's worth anything. John MIlton made a great point with his novel, sadly it's a politically influenced plot and that kinda takes away from the poetry of having Lucifer as the first anti-hero in some sort of dystopic religious punk story. Certainly he's not a role model in the traditional sense, it's just intriguing to think of him as the guy who didn't give up.
    Oblivion Awaits

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Ghetto Space Drac's Ghost Smoking Mirrors's Avatar

I can't claim to believe in nor deny a god or devil figure, in a sense of literal existence. I'm somewhere between "That's ridiculous, those are nothing more than stories meant to scare sheep into submission" and "Fuck god. 'Don't need a motherfucker lookin' down on me.' I'll be higher than that, you watch". Perhaps more, "Fuck the concept of god that is ingrained into children and raises them to become closed-minded, self-righteous, judgmental, and underlyingly fearful drones".
    However, I do highly identify with the concept that Lucifer (reference to him is as a concept in this post) represents, the things he thought and did, his questioning of authority, acceptance of human nature, etc. I've gotten the "This is satan telling you these things, it wasn't god making you feel bad, god is loving and accepting, satan is evil and satan is the one telling you to think these things [free thought, questioning authority, controlling my own future, doing logically harmless things that are 'immoral' to Christians, etc]." It's absurd to me. True paranoia at its finest.
    But anyway, back to Lucifer. I highly respect what he stands for. Those things that are so demonized by Christians, out of fear of thought. You think, you doubt, you question, you disbelieve. Natural progression that occurs when thought does. But, of course, it's just "satan infiltrating your mind and lying to you, the father of lies".
    We need more Lucifer and less Lunacy.

Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

What I don't get is how Satanism has been turned upside down. It's become a symbol for Atheism, if anything. Atheists, generally, like to play footsies with 'Dark' stuff, while just using it as dark imagery as a symbol of a very basic Nihilism, against Religion and Society.

In a sense, these 'Satanists' aren't so different from Hippies, except Hippies used Drug culture as rebellion? I don't know, but these 'Satanists' aren't really so Satanic, and more love-inclined, which is fine, but it doesn't make sense for their belief sets.

Although, Love certainly leads to 'Evil,' and Drugs like LSD can have the same effect on your brain as chopping up Virgins in a woodchipper can.

Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

On a side note, I missed the times when LaVey Satanism was so new and edgy and exciting, and looking as it now, as so lame, boring, and mundane. They tried to make it theatrical, but it doesn't have the 'theatricality' of other philosophies/religions that make you feel as an active participant in discovering truth.

Most LaVeyan Satanists seem like absolute idiots, but LaVey himself always seemed cool. I think LaVey was more secretive than he let on. I liked his books, when I read them soooooooooooo long ago. Takes me back, just thinking about it.