Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Is Born Villain a "comeback?"

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

66 58.93%
  • No

46 41.07%
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Consider Born Villain A Comeback Record? [poll included]

Default Do You Consider Born Villain A Comeback Record? [poll included]

Do guys agree with Manson that Born Villain is his "comeback?"

EDIT: Please vote if you are going to comment.

http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...light=comeback
    Last edited by Adonai; 04-26-2012 at 04:25 PM.

in the sense that The High End of Low was the worst thing the dude's ever signed off on, Manson could have recorded himself taking a shit and I'd be hard-pressed not to view it as a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Manichaeist View Post
    in the sense that The High End of Low was the worst thing the dude's ever signed off on, Manson could have recorded himself taking a shit and I'd be hard-pressed not to view it as a comeback.

So then your poll vote would be ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adonai View Post
    So then your poll vote would be ... ?
    overwhelmingly a "yes." I wasn't even trying to be a wise ass with that response. overall, I like the album quite a bit. my point was that he basically set the bar to zero with THEOL so there was nowhere to go but up.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

A strong one actually.

I'm not voting because I don't really know. A "comeback" in whose eyes? As far as it being a comeback to relevancy, that remains to be seen. It would be nice if his music was talked about more than who he's currently fucking or eating dinner with.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    A strong one actually.
    Fact is that everyone I know who hated the last 3 are loving this album. It is in my top 3 albums of all time already. The amount of views that No Reflection is getting on the video. It seems to be seeling well over the past month on amazon. I'd say a big yes. Not to mention if he does a video with Johnny Depp and You're So Vain becomes a single it will be a huge hit I think. Way better song then I thought it would be. It is radio friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    I'm not voting because I don't really know. A "comeback" in whose eyes? As far as it being a comeback to relevancy, that remains to be seen. It would be nice if his music was talked about more than who he's currently fucking or eating dinner with.
    this is an interesting direction to take the conversation. personally, I don't think he'll ever get the degree of relevancy he had even when TGAOG came out and was the #1 album in the country in its first week. but if we can accept that the dude has basically wallowed in obscurity for close to 5 years, is it possible he'll re-enter the public consciousness again? I'm not sure. it's so difficult for anything comparable to what he does to reach a wide audience anymore and while I think there is some commercial sensibility on Born Villain, I don't think it deliberately panders to the mainstream either. so if I had to vote on whether he'd become a factor again, I'd vote no.

Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    Manson stated that Born Villain is his comeback, I am asking do you agree with him? As a fan?

Manson stated: "I knew that I had to admit to myself — it’s difficult to say you want to make a comeback, because that’s admitting that you weren’t what you were supposed to be, not what you used to be, but what you’re supposed to be. So it’s almost the same as in the beginning. A comeback is almost the same as starting out fresh where no one knows or believes in what you are and I had to say that out loud. I have no problem saying that this is my comeback and when I decide on something, I’m determined to do it. I haven’t had that type of energy and confidence simply because I needed to acknowledge that."

So I guess do you agree with that? Do you think Manson wasn't where he was supposed to be (with the last two records) and has now come back to where he is supposed to be? Do you think he is talking about relevancy when he says "comeback?"

A comeback as in finally putting out a good album after a decade of utter disappointment? Fuck yes.