Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Is Born Villain a "comeback?"

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    66 58.93%
  • No

    46 41.07%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 156

Thread: Do You Consider Born Villain A Comeback Record? [poll included]

  1. #11
    Inner Childless Manichaeist's Avatar
    Join Date: 04.24.12
    Location: New York City
    Posts: 523
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    to the person who voted no, do you really think The High End of Low is better?

    follow up question: do you really think The High End of Low is better than anything?

  2. #12

    Join Date: 04.10.12
    Posts: 903
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adonai View Post
    Manson stated that Born Villain is his comeback, I am asking do you agree with him? As a fan?

    Manson stated: "I knew that I had to admit to myself ó itís difficult to say you want to make a comeback, because thatís admitting that you werenít what you were supposed to be, not what you used to be, but what youíre supposed to be. So itís almost the same as in the beginning. A comeback is almost the same as starting out fresh where no one knows or believes in what you are and I had to say that out loud. I have no problem saying that this is my comeback and when I decide on something, Iím determined to do it. I havenít had that type of energy and confidence simply because I needed to acknowledge that."

    So I guess do you agree with that? Do you think Manson wasn't where he was supposed to be (with the last two records) and has now come back to where he is supposed to be? Do you think he is talking about relevancy when he says "comeback?"
    Honestly, I don't know if it's a comeback in that sense because I never really felt that he was gone. Sure the last two albums aren't as good as the triptych (GAOG is pure ass) but I still liked them. I'm not trying to be difficult. It's like asking someone who enjoys pizza if they think that pizza is good now.

    Now if he made the same comments about performing live, I'd vote a definite "No". I'd crush my mouse voting for that "No". I'd "No" so fucking hard to that question.

  3. #13
    Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.21.09
    Location: S.E. Asia.
    Posts: 2,542
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default



    :P

  4. #14
    Necrof's Avatar
    Join Date: 03.08.12
    Location: Kazakhstan
    Posts: 6
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    Honestly, I don't know if it's a comeback in that sense because I never really felt that he was gone.
    +1.
    He won't be mainstream no more though. Even teamed up with Johnny Depp he can't beat Lady Gaga.

  5. #15

    Join Date: 03.18.12
    Location: Seattle
    Posts: 295
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    Honestly, I don't know if it's a comeback in that sense because I never really felt that he was gone. Sure the last two albums aren't as good as the triptych (GAOG is pure ass) but I still liked them. I'm not trying to be difficult. It's like asking someone who enjoys pizza if they think that pizza is good now.

    Now if he made the same comments about performing live, I'd vote a definite "No". I'd crush my mouse voting for that "No". I'd "No" so fucking hard to that question.
    Ha ha ha, yeah I agree his recent live performances haven't been great. I am hoping that he will step up his game for the rest of the tour, especially with the theatrics. I think he will. I don't think this poll should be based solely on his live performances, I think everything should be taken in to account with what we have experienced so far: live performances, images, the record, interviews, public appearance, past records/performances/images ... etc.

    OK, fair enough. So if you think you "never really felt that he was gone" then shouldn't your answer be "no," then?

  6. #16
    INC 303's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Posts: 1,334
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    As a stand alone album, its great! Compared to the last two albums, so much better. I dont think Manson could put an album out that I would enjoy as much as ACS MA and HW, but they are my favorite albums of all time. I doesnt mean I don't like his work since, I do, but nothing seems to match them, for me. I'm never too keen on calling something a come back, when they haven't managed to disappoint me

  7. #17
    JT_'s Avatar
    Join Date: 03.14.12
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 323
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    No it's not... I wish it was. To me a comeback means he would regain his popularity like he did in his heyday but this is not the case ..hence no comeback.

    You guys seem to be judging whether the album is better than the last, which is no hard task.



    Quote Originally Posted by JesseKane View Post
    Not to mention if he does a video with Johnny Depp and You're So Vain becomes a single it will be a huge hit I think. Way better song then I thought it would be. It is radio friendly.
    Yeah, that's all Manson needs is another cover song as a single...slick thinking skippy [face palm].

  8. #18

    Join Date: 01.20.12
    Posts: 1,133
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adonai View Post
    Manson stated that Born Villain is his comeback, I am asking do you agree with him? As a fan?

    Manson stated: "I knew that I had to admit to myself ó itís difficult to say you want to make a comeback, because thatís admitting that you werenít what you were supposed to be, not what you used to be, but what youíre supposed to be. So itís almost the same as in the beginning. A comeback is almost the same as starting out fresh where no one knows or believes in what you are and I had to say that out loud. I have no problem saying that this is my comeback and when I decide on something, Iím determined to do it. I havenít had that type of energy and confidence simply because I needed to acknowledge that."

    So I guess do you agree with that? Do you think Manson wasn't where he was supposed to be (with the last two records) and has now come back to where he is supposed to be? Do you think he is talking about relevancy when he says "comeback?"
    He called EMDM his comeback also. Then during THEOL he got his "fire back" and now he's having another 'comeback'. It's just jargon. His last four albums have been "The one I've always wanted to make". He's just saying things. I really don't see this album being hyped by the immediate public one iota more than than last few by anybody other than his core fanbase.

    Is it a good album? Yes, easily his best since Holywood. Comeback? Yeah sure, so were the last 2 albums if you're going to ask Manson at the time of those albums' releases.

  9. #19
    Inner Childless Manichaeist's Avatar
    Join Date: 04.24.12
    Location: New York City
    Posts: 523
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sans Agendum View Post
    He called EMDM his comeback also. Then during THEOL he got his "fire back" and now he's having another 'comeback'. It's just jargon. His last four albums have been "The one I've always wanted to make". He's just saying things. I really don't see this album being hyped by the immediate public one iota more than than last few by anybody other than his core fanbase.

    Is it a good album? Yes, easily his best since Holywood. Comeback? Yeah sure, so were the last 2 albums if you're going to ask Manson at the time of those albums' releases.
    almost everything you said is right but you really can't listen to any thing he says. that's been the case since roughly 2003 as he's had to talk up progressively less interesting music. I view this as a comeback since it's better than the last two albums he released, and I don't think there's any doubt about that. quite frankly, his views on his work are of zero interest to me anymore.

  10. #20
    Imail724's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.10.12
    Location: LI.NY
    Posts: 69
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    I like the album and think it's his best since Holy Wood. But a comeback? I don't think so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS