Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Count To Six And Die "Click, Click, Click, Click, Click"

Hmmm....

There's a real arc on the record of trying very hard to change the world and realizing you can only change yourself, in the end of the album. And it poses that question with 'Count to Six and Die', which is the sound of what you might see as the end of the world, or the end of yourself. Alike the arcana of the Wheel Of Fortune, because I reinterpreted the tarot and the symbolism in it so often, and the Wheel Of Fortune in this case was a revolver Russian roulette. In the end of the album you hear that, and you never hear the final shot, because it's really about the question of breaking that cycle, you know, making a change. It has a few optimism despite how nihilistic it comes off at times.
    Marilyn Manson, interview for Dot Music, 2000
    http://vimeo.com/22036998

EDIT: bah, the video only works if you view it from the source page:
    http://www.nachtkabarett.com/Marilyn...rchives/Videos
    Last edited by brian219; 05-08-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Aren't there camera (shutter) clicks at the beginning of Slo-Mo-Tion?

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    Aren't there camera (shutter) clicks at the beginning of Slo-Mo-Tion?
    Indeed. And the sound of the lens zooming.

I am curious where this talk of Count To Six and Die having slowed down camera clicks rather than revolver clicks came from. I'm not saying that it's not camera clicks, as that's entirely possible, but I am left to wonder why Manson said it was a revolver if it isn't. Very interesting since at least 3 posters seem to contradict with confidence what Manson said about that revolver representing the Wheel of Fortune in his tarot deck. Then there's the whole shoot/shot thing that DOES apply to both guns and cameras, which is a very Manson thing to point out. In fact, though I'm sure it won't be believed at this point, my first thoughts on Slo-Mo-Tion were "how fucking creepy would it be if this song were talking about a gun when he says 'everything is shot'?"

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by brian219 View Post
    Indeed. And the sound of the lens zooming.

I am curious where this talk of Count To Six and Die having slowed down camera clicks rather than revolver clicks came from. I'm not saying that it's not camera clicks, as that's entirely possible, but I am left to wonder why Manson said it was a revolver if it isn't. Very interesting since at least 3 posters seem to contradict with confidence what Manson said about that revolver representing the Wheel of Fortune in his tarot deck. Then there's the whole shoot/shot thing that DOES apply to both guns and cameras, which is a very Manson thing to point out. In fact, though I'm sure it won't be believed at this point, my first thoughts on Slo-Mo-Tion were "how fucking creepy would it be if this song were talking about a gun when he says 'everything is shot'?"
    That was my bad. I misunderstood/misread the original posts. I thought we were talking about songs on Born Villain containing shutter clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by brian219 View Post
    t. In fact, though I'm sure it won't be believed at this point, my first thoughts on Slo-Mo-Tion were "how fucking creepy would it be if this song were talking about a gun when he says 'everything is shot'?"
    I believe Manson reference making a video for Slo-Mo-Tion on that metal show, and discussed blowing heads off with shotguns?
    So not unlikely at all.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I know the gun shot in Ct6 is never heard, but the following sounds I always felt were camera shutters. Just tying in with the whole fame through death ideal with Holywood. I don't MM has ever said specifically what they were, but I seem to recall a lot of talk of it being cameras online when HW came out. I'll see if I can dig more info on it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    I know the gun shot in Ct6 is never heard, but the following sounds I always felt were camera shutters. Just tying in with the whole fame through death ideal with Holywood. I don't MM has ever said specifically what they were, but I seem to recall a lot of talk of it being cameras online when HW came out. I'll see if I can dig more info on it later.
    When I first heard it I felt it may be intended to be other guns being fired. That perhaps the entire society was in the process of committing mass suicide in unison and that the main trigger clacks were meant to be those of the listener with a gun in his/her mouth. With every click the shutterflashes/gunfire goes off as other people are also pulling triggers. Then with the final chamber the listener is dead before they hear their own gun go off.

It could also be the camera shutters of paparazzi as you said. Waiting and trying to get the best shot of the execution/suicide and either the protagonist Adam dies or chooses not to go through with his celebritarian execution/suicide.

Zapruder comes to mind. Shooting the shooting of JFK. Also interesting is that the camera used for the No Reflection video is supposedly some fancy National Geographic tech, where slow motion shots tend to be of a predator such as a lion killing it's prey. It's not hard to imagine a human episode where people are taken down in slo-mo shots like gazelles. "Here we see the murderer in it's natural habitat."

And Slo-Mo-Tion starts off with Polaroid camera sounds.

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

For Count to Six and Die (The Vacuum of Infinite Space Encompassing), Marilyn Manson said in an interview back then that the ending represented a chance to make a change; as the 6th time the trigger was never pulled, leaving the ending open to interpretation.

As for Born Villain, I think that line is just another way of him saying he "isn't someone to fuck with" as he's said is a part of this album in recent interviews.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"