Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Count To Six And Die "Click, Click, Click, Click, Click"

Original AIDS provider.

I've had a quick look for the mention of guns/ cameras and couldn't turn it up... however, the fact several of us here all thought the same thing would indicate that it has been mentioned somewhere before, and I can't imagine the similarity not being intentional given the themes of the album. Are they guns? Are the cameras? Most likely they are both at the same time.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I think that, given Manson's reputation for multi-layered audio tracks, it is quite possible for the sound effects at the end of "Count To Six And Die" to be both. This is pretty much reinforced with Manson's obsession with both (particularly their relationship with each other) during this specific Era. With that said, I don't recall anything but the empty chambers being "fired."

Figured I'd stick this in here since the whole 404 Face Not Found thing was mentioned here earlier. This is an excerpt from Donald Tyson's book The Tetragrammaton, which Manson was reading during the recording of Antichrist Superstar (his and Missi's dog ate it).

"Before the sephiroth were projected within the Primordial Point of Kether, which in fact forms the boundary of the universe, there was only the featureless, unending essence of God."

This one passage shows where the concepts come from for both "the center of the universe cannot exist when there are no edges" and "404 error face," which refers to GOD.

I think that really explains a lot, Brian! That's a great contribution!

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

Why would any of Marilyn Manson's songs be about god? Has he found Jesus? (As if he were hiding in the first place...)
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manson15Marilyn View Post
    Why would any of Marilyn Manson's songs be about god? Has he found Jesus? (As if he were hiding in the first place...)
    The song born villain mentions God BTW.

Yeah, I mean, why would he even write a song with "god" in the title? LOLOLOLOLOL, "The Reflecting God" wtf?? lolerskates!!1!11

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    The song born villain mentions God BTW.
    And he mentions "god" in Running to the Edge of the World, too. That doesn't mean either song is about god.

And he mentions god in some songs ironically, because he's pretty sure there isn't a god--except in the sense that people have ideals of god that motivate them--so he doesn't do it out of guilt to compensate for downplaying the existence of a god while being unsure whether or not god doesn't exist.

The title track is about... well, the title says it all; about the song and the album as a whole....

Born Villain was the perfect title for this record simply because its just the way I am. And then it becomes a question of 'nature or nurture?' Are people raised to be a villain, or villified, or a paraiah like I have become? At times, consiously, other times, against my will. It comes in things like "Columbine" and things like that, simply because they didn't like my music; not that they'd like my music, that would've been different. In fact, I think that I have--to my blame or credit, whichever way you want to look at it--more shootings than any other person in music. I think that there should be some sort of Grammy or something for that. I don't know, I'm not making light of what happened but if people are worried about what my music does, why don't you worry about what I would do? And that's my big thing on this record. I think everything on this record is an implied threat.

--Marilyn Manson
    Also, I think Manson has left out Tetragrammaton as an inspiration for this album because that wasn't an inspiration for the album. He'd have mentioned it already if it was. That's in the past, like he said he leaves what's in the past, in the past. He only looks forward.
    Last edited by Manson15Marilyn; 05-19-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

Are you the guy from the other boards who would always spout off about how EM,DM had absolutely no relation to the Eucharist?

He'd have mentioned it already if it was.
    That's a neat trick. What's he thinking about right this minute?

Also, could you do me another favor? Would you mind digging up that quote where Manson says that he meticulously makes sure to mention every single reference that makes it onto his albums? That would be indispensable in helping to back up a lot of your arguments. Thanks in advance.