Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Count To Six And Die "Click, Click, Click, Click, Click"

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

I wouldn't talk about a book that hasn't influenced me when I make something.

@sans: Is there another board I should know about?
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I just wanted to use this thread as a reason to state this, as I'm sure all Marilyn Manson fans are aware of it anyway. I like how the clicks are also just like The Beautiful People and Disposable Teens.

(Oh crap, I didn't really pay attention to the amount of pages this thread had generated at first. My bad, because that point was probably mentioned to the extent of ad nauseam. =P)

Follow Averus_32 On Twitter Add Averus_32 on Facebook

"We're on a bullet and were heading straight into god"

Also, one thing.

Manson himself has said that the order of each album is in reverse - Holywood, Mechanical THEN Antichrist Superstar.

"Shoot, shoot, shoot mother fucker...."

"Kill your god, kill your TV."

What got me is the Astonishing Panaroma of The Endtimes - apparently a song that was left from the Antichrist Era... but I think it sounds more John 5 in tone... *just saying* - If anyone is familiar - The Holy wood Story is the FIRST part of the story of Holy Wood as a whole - it's main character being Adam Kadmon. - Holywood was also going to be a book remember - to me this song is like Adam's war cry.

Antichrist is the last album of the triptych - The third and final part of "HolyWood" as a WHOLE.

"Shoot, shoot, shoot motherfucker..." - I think Adam becomes the Disentigrater - (The Angel with Scabbed Wings) - Who kills God/ The powers that be with "The Silver Bullet" - GOD IS THE RAPIST WEREWOLF (Manson himself on Christmas day last year uploaded a picture of himself with the caption - God Raped the Virgin Mary... - Just saying...

"Click, click, click, click, click."

"When I'm god, everyone dies" - Adam being god, kills everyone, leaving only himself...

... the man that you fear.

Also, in the Slo Motion video, he's holding an assault rifle as well as camera.
    This is typical Manson, finding dual meanings in everything - this time for the word "SHOOT"

Quote Originally Posted by Averus_32 View Post
    "We're on a bullet and were heading straight into god"

Also, one thing.

Manson himself has said that the order of each album is in reverse - Holywood, Mechanical THEN Antichrist Superstar.

"Shoot, shoot, shoot mother fucker...."

"Kill your god, kill your TV."

What got me is the Astonishing Panaroma of The Endtimes - apparently a song that was left from the Antichrist Era... but I think it sounds more John 5 in tone... *just saying* - If anyone is familiar - The Holy wood Story is the FIRST part of the story of Holy Wood as a whole - it's main character being Adam Kadmon. - Holywood was also going to be a book remember - to me this song is like Adam's war cry.

Antichrist is the last album of the triptych - The third and final part of "HolyWood" as a WHOLE.

"Shoot, shoot, shoot motherfucker..." - I think Adam becomes the Disentigrater - (The Angel with Scabbed Wings) - Who kills God/ The powers that be with "The Silver Bullet" - GOD IS THE RAPIST WEREWOLF (Manson himself on Christmas day last year uploaded a picture of himself with the caption - God Raped the Virgin Mary... - Just saying...

"Click, click, click, click, click."

"When I'm god, everyone dies" - Adam being god, kills everyone, leaving only himself...

... the man that you fear.

Also, in the Slo Motion video, he's holding an assault rifle as well as camera.
    This is typical Manson, finding dual meanings in everything - this time for the word "SHOOT"
    That is fuckin' deep, when you put it all like that.

suicide rock

i almost think the listener is given a choice,
    either they die or the world dies /
    if there is an order, perhaps not
    all tracks are used

i also remember marilyn saying something like "holy wood is the glue that holds all three records," and "holy wood is the blueprint or foundation that the other records build on," and "all three albums happen at the same time"

ive always felt like the triptych started and ended with holy wood
    with ACSS tracks laid in reverse
    and MA split
    with OMEGA songs probably first in the order

yes, i realize OMEGA means the end, but
    maybe those are meant to be songs of prophecy
    just as well as "hollow rock anthems for holy wood"

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Averus_32 On Twitter Add Averus_32 on Facebook

Alpha and Omega.

Two sides to the same coin.

Omega is dressed in (Coma) Black and Alpha is dressed in (Coma) White.

The songs are also split into two halfs on Mechanical Animals - thats why the booklet becomes upside down in the CD package - One side is Alpha's songs, the other is Omega.

Alpha is the Worm/ Adam.
    Omega is what Adam WANTS to become - Sort of how Manson wants to become Bowie...

But I digress - I think Mechanical Animals fleshes out Holywood even more - the hollowness of it all.

Also, Kennedy refrences GALORE on Posthuman - then in the Fight Songs CD packaging you see the Zapruder Film Still 313 in it.

Again - The play on words - Kennedy was shot with a sniper rifle aswell as being shot by Zapruder... with a camera.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by A Better Messiah View Post
    "And you know I'm loaded
    But not which chamber
    Touch me and I'll go
    Click click click click click
    Click click click click click
    Click click click click click"

Well, if you have not noticed, there are 15 "clicks" that he says. Which there are many symbolism of the number 15. 13 tracks on the back cover, add the two m's.. But I don't necessarily think it's a reference to "Count to six and die", but I do understand completely why that thought would come to mind. "But not which chamber", is like the 'Russian roulette'. But in Holy Wood tense, no. It represents how unpredictable he is. The logo for the Born Villian era with the 4 M's as a swastika (chest tattoo), has different colors.tye yellow, pink, and cyan colors that blend into each other to make Black. It doesn't pertain so much toward the Nazi Swastika. But , Born Villian, Breaking the same old ground, Pistol Whipped, all give the same message. Overneath the path of misery has 15 "no's". No no no no no reason" [X3]. The no reflection video shows 5 woman and a man. 15... As you listen to the album more often, it becomes more and more clear to you what it is REALLY about. The lyrics help also lol. Children Of Cain is a very important song on BV...

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

This has always been one of my favorite Manson songs, and I never really investigated what "angel in the lobby" is a reference to - if it is a reference to anything, and I always kind of liked not knowing and leaving it open to interpretation, but now I'm really curious. Is "angel in the lobby" a specific reference to something, or just amazing lyrics?

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    This has always been one of my favorite Manson songs, and I never really investigated what "angel in the lobby" is a reference to - if it is a reference to anything, and I always kind of liked not knowing and leaving it open to interpretation, but now I'm really curious. Is "angel in the lobby" a specific reference to something, or just amazing lyrics?
    NiCe. My subjective answer is , hmmm .. well I always Imagine the story in the Long Hard Road outttta HELL ..where He is at a Hospital with MiSsy ..in the Lobby .. waiting .. & someone offers Him Coffee ..& it brings back memories of childhood weirdness .. a Synchronicity I suspect it was .. An Angel in the Lobby .. I loVe it'
    . . the fear takes hold