Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Alanis Morissette Album "Havoc and Bright Lights"

Default New Alanis Morissette Album "Havoc and Bright Lights"

Four years after 2008's amazing Flavors of entanglement Morissette is releasing "Havoc and Bright Lights" August 28th with the single "Guardian" out may 15th.
    Great interview found here on rollingstone:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...aprio-20120502
    Last edited by Esotericdreamer; 05-02-2012 at 04:36 PM.

I don't think the link worked but I fixed it. I think this album is going to rock.

I listened to a few of her songs recently. Great singer and definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I noticed she's playing Brixton Academy in June, but tickets are all sold out and I don't know if I could see myself being at her concert.

You learn is a great song.

I have no guilt about liking her at all. Her lyrics are amazing (she writes all of them.), she doesn't sell her body and she has a stellar voice. you Learn is good but I think the songs from her follow up "Supposed former Infatuation Junkie" are far superior to the songs on Jagged Little Pill.

Huh. Didn't see that coming. She only had a baby a while back, so I wasn't expecting a new album from her until around 2014. I'm not really expecting much from this album either, to be honest. I bought So-Called Chaos and even got my hands on one of the autographed Flavors of Entanglement deluxe editions, but I never really liked those records. The only reason I'm still (sort of) plugged in to her at this point is because she's one of those few artists who meant a lot to me when I was 12 years old. I still think Jagged Little Pill and, in particular, Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie are incredible albums, so I'll probably always buy her records, even if I'm not expecting to like them.

Then again, considering that my expectations are so low for the record, it might just end up blowing me away. Ya never know...

It's nice to see she's finally away from Maverick and doing the record NIN/Null Corp. style, though, so I'll probably be pre-ordering it from somewhere. She should've left Maverick after SCC, to be honest. That horrible Best Of record should've given her some indication of what was going on there.

While I hated SCC I though Flavors was a good return to form. Citizen of the Planet, Versions of violence, Moratorium,Orchid, the Guy who leaves, Madness all really awesome tracks imho.

The Single "Guardian" clip now up on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Guardian/dp/B0...6085155&sr=8-1

Everything she's done after Jagged Little Pill has been overproduced female vocal pop. Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Agendum View Post
    Everything she's done after Jagged Little Pill has been overproduced female vocal pop. Boring.
    Jagged Little Pill was 10x More pop than Supposed former Infatuation Junkie. So very much disagree with you here. Besides when I think of Pop I go more towards Katy Perry, lady Gaga, etc. Alanis doesn't fall into that.

Hardly pop:
    Last edited by Esotericdreamer; 05-03-2012 at 05:35 PM.

So this is the Single. It's going to have to grow on me. Lyrically it isn't bad but I can't see it being a hit.