Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Meeting The Band?

No worries man.

Honestly, I have zero interest in them as well. I may be pretty nervous meeting Manson or Twiggy, but I would probably turn down the opportunity to meet Jason or Fred simply because I couldn't be bothered. I mean, those guys could seriously just be anybody. I do agree that they are both killing it, though, I just personally have no interest in them - maybe if they stuck around for another album/tour I'd warm up to them a bit but I guess we'll see. I've kind of felt this way about all the new members that have joined Marilyn Manson since Mark Chaussee.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Fred is a writing member of MM, not to mention being fellow Goon Mooner - and general all around bad ass. And from all accounts, he's been one of the most friendly and welcoming people when PM'ers have met him. Be a friend and take him some soup :P

Quote Originally Posted by kalim123 View Post
    But seriously, who wants to meet Freddie & Jason or whatever they're called.
    I want to meet them!

They look really friendly and nice with fans and they are important to the show. If one of them were terrible the show would be horrible, so just for that fact I think that being able to tell them "hey, thanks for your work" it's good.

Plus, as said before, Fred did contributed in the making of BV, so he is responsable for one album that I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by suphiafilos View Post
    I want to meet them!

They look really friendly and nice with fans and they are important to the show. If one of them were terrible the show would be horrible, so just for that fact I think that being able to tell them "hey, thanks for your work" it's good.

Plus, as said before, Fred did contributed in the making of BV, so he is responsable for one album that I enjoyed.
    I only see that he worked on Slo Mo Tion.....and everyone in the band at the time worked on that one. Not knocking him or anything just saying I don't think he really contributed much.

Fred's been with the band since July, 2010.

I like F&J, I think they're very talented musicians. Personally, I'd rather see Twiggy back on bass duty and John-motherfucking-5 back on guitar. I knew Manson's music would suffer when I found out John left the band and so far I don't think I have been wrong about that. Maybe I am, who knows but musically it just doesn't compare to Holywood/GAOG.

Manson needs to be surrounded with innovative ass kicking musicians like John/Skold/Twiggy who have proved themselves to be so. I was excited back in 08' when it was announced Wes Borland was going to be joining Manson on live shows, but he only ended up doing a total of 2 and left to get back with LB, and I was disappointed. That was the injection MM needed to get some bite back in the sound.

I just don't think Manson's ego can handle being surrounded by other very talented people with their own strong presence within the group. Of course Twiggy being the exception but he did also leave the band for a period as well.

But fuck it, Fred and Jason are cool.

^

I think John 5 is an exceptional guitarist but a poor songwriter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollaps View Post
    ^

I think John 5 is an exceptional guitarist but a poor songwriter.
    Exceptional I absolutely agree, as far as his writing is concerned I've made half-assed attempts to write songs and I poorly play guitar so what do I know? His cover of Michael Jackson's Beat It is fucking tasty.

Follow kalim123 On Twitter Follow kalim123 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    my post wasn't simply a reply to yours it was to Kalim as well who pretty much seems to have no interest in them, but they're members of the current line up and they're good.
    Well maybe they are, but I don't tend to bother with the band line-up anymore because as I said before, they come and go every year or so. I have actually listened to some of the recent performances & I don't think they're bad, but I just can't be bothered getting to know stuff about the members anymore.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Ok, well I'm sure you will be pleased with them when you see them later this year.