Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Meeting The Band?

I didn't get a chance to meet Manson because he was with Evan and wouldn't get off of the bus but I did get to hang out with Tim, Ginger, and Chris. Kerry King of Slayer was there too.
    I never thought my life could be anything but catastrophe! But suddenly I begin to see a bit of good luck for me! 'Cos I've got a golden ticket! I've got a golden twinkle in my eye! (Marilyn Manson - Omaha - 7.3.13)

^ Evan annoyed me greatly. She still does as she's probably the most self centered person I've ever met. I was glad when he dumped her ass.

I've met Manson a few times; Twiggy once; Fred once (nice guy). I haven't met Jason yet.

I met both Fred and Jason before the show at Metaltown this summer, They were really nice and took pictures with me. They talked alot and said they liked my shirt, and laughed (Manson taking a shit) xD Jason also gave me a red MM guitar pick. :D

I only ever met Fred twice, first time it was really brief and it was literally just a "hey Fred, you're awesome" type deal, shook his hand, done. The next night on Fred's birthday I got to meet Fred, Twiggy, and Jason. I talked to Jason the longest, very cool guy. I tried to compliment him but he kept thinking I was dissing Ginger, lol. I said something like "you're an awesome drummer, you really filled the gap left by Ginger." or something and he kept saying "no no man, I love Ginger. No no, he's a great guy! We go for coffee a lot." xD And I'd try and clarify like fuck yeah, I love Ginger too! But, since he's gone I'm glad they got another great drummer...he was so awesome though.

I think I annoyed Twiggy, on purpose. I saw him walking and talking to chicks and seemed like he was just heading to bus and talking to a few people, signing a few autographs on the way so I was like bah I might never get another chance to meet Twiggy! So, I was like "Twiggy!" then "Twiiiigy!?" He looked over and came over that way, was really cool, signed my ticket then went back and chatted up the girls. Manson came down the steps with Lindsay and was high-fiving everyone and saying "thank you, I appreciate it" to everyone compliments. He didn't stop, just went to his bus. Someone brought a cake to the band's bus and then moments later Fred and Twiggy came out with the cake. Then, Twiggy got everyone to sing happy birthday to Fred and Fred was handing out pieces of birthday cake, it was yummy.

=)

I'm always wary about meeting people I admire, since I get self-conscious and it's hard for me to be natural around them. One time I made a bit of an ass of myself in front of John Waters, and it was humiliating. I did have good experiences meeting Crispin Glover, Adam from She Wants Revenge, and Gen from the Genitorturers, but my philosophy is to mostly avoid that type of thing because it can go wrong at any moment. (Oh yeah, and I met Mars from the Thrill Kill Kult. He was so drunk his eyes weren't even looking in the same direction. He asked me if I enjoyed the setlist. I probably stammered and said something like "Music . . . good . . . setlist happening fun . . . thank you for this". Ugh.)

The only person from Marilyn Manson that I've ever met was Twiggy, and it happened mostly unexpectedly. After the show in Kansas City last spring, my girlfriend and I were having drinks at a bar near the motel where we were staying. A bouncer told us that Twiggy and the guys were at the club next door. We were skeptical, but drunk enough to take a chance and see if he was telling the truth. (He actually told us that "Tweaker Ramirez" was next door, a detail I will never forget). Anyway, we walked over there and almost immediately ran into Twiggy. We worked up the courage to say hi to him and let him know we thought it was a great show. He seemed extremely appreciative, shook our hands and told us thanks. He was trying to pick up these two blonde chicks, so we made the interaction very brief as we did not want to be annoying cockblocking fans. It was an awesome moment, and something I never expected to happen. Jason and Fred were also there but I think we had shot our wad after meeting Twiggy.

I did try to meet the band back in 2000 when they did a "Holy Wood" pre-release signing at Vintage Vinyl, but the line was too long and I never even got close to being admitted. That was a sad day. After their St. Louis show the following evening, I hung out by the tour bus. Zepp actually talked to us and answered questions, as did the guys from Godhead and Union Underground. John 5 came over to take a picture with the webmaster of his fansite but that was the only interaction with the band that I witnessed. If I ever do meet Manson himself, I'd want it to be under a different circumstance where it's not fan meets celebrity, because I'm just too awkward in that arena.
    Last edited by Gloominatus; 10-10-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Vodka. Grey Goose. Cold. petticoat's Avatar

If I was going to humiliate myself in front of anyone, John Waters would be my first choice lol... that's funny. Also "Tweaker"
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. --William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by petticoat View Post
    If I was going to humiliate myself in front of anyone, John Waters would be my first choice lol... that's funny. Also "Tweaker"
    The John Waters moment is not something I'd want to relive. I overexplained myself when he and I were talking at this record store and he thought I was trying to leech off of him. God, it was horrible. He gave me the snootiest little John Waters face. Actually, in a way it was perfect! (I also almost bought Lie by Charles Manson on vinyl, because JW was giving autographs while shopping, but I thought it would've looked like I was sucking up to him by purchasing that record so I decided against it. Good thing I avoided him having a bad impression of me!).

The Tweaker thing was great, and I guess appropriate considering Chris Vrenna's former involvement with the band, though I'm pretty sure that was lost on the dude who said it.

^ I've heard John Waters loves to ride metro buses.

Is that a code for something or does he actually like riding public transportation?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloominatus View Post
    Is that a code for something or does he actually like riding public transportation?
    That would one wierd-ass code. He actually likes riding public transportation.