Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Born Villain' tracks that should be on the setlist?

Default 'Born Villain' tracks that should be on the setlist?

This post is obviously written in the belief (and hope) that Manson will add more tracks from the new album to the setlist as it reaches greater levels of saturation; as it stands, the only songs he's played live from Born Villain are "Hey, Cruel World", "No Reflection", "Slo-Mo-Tion", and "Pistol Whipped".

The most obvious song for me that ought to be played live, if Manson can at all hack it, is "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day", possibly as a set closer. Manson sounds fine on "Little Horn" and "Irresponsible Hate Anthem", so I can't see it being much of a leap for him to perform this track live on tour.

Another song that I'd kill to see - or hear - performed is "The Flowers of Evil". I've been gushing over the track since the record was released, but I really think the chorus could be strong in a live setting.

I'm almost surprised that "Overneath The Path of Misery" hasn't been on the list from the start, as it's the track Manson opted to introduce us to the record with.
    Last edited by The Overman; 05-04-2012 at 03:03 PM.

I can't think of any better idea than those three that you mentioned! Maybe the title track would also sound good live.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    I can't think of any better idea than those three that you mentioned! Maybe the title track would also sound good live.
    Definitely. It's either that or "Children of Cain" - I don't think there's enough room on the set for two lengthy dirges - and I think the title track is of somewhat higher quality.

I'm also curious about "Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms"; I'm not certain how it would perform live, but it could be amazing, depending on the mix. It might be interesting as a one-off ala "I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies".

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Definitely Murderers and Overneath. Flowers of Evil would be my absolute favorite live song. Breaking the Same Old Ground could work as a closing song, like Man That You Fear back then.

He realy should play more new songs, especially since he doesn't play anything from the past two albums.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Overneath
    Goddamn Arms (if Dissociative worked, this could easily)
    Murderers
    Flowers

disengaged
    pistol whipped

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheTeletubbieFlasher View Post
    disengaged
    pistol whipped
    Pistol Whipped is on the setlist already. Disengaged definitely sounds like it could work live, it's just not one of my favorites on the album so I'd rather see my choices above.

The Gardener and Lay Down Your Arms would have me stoked if played live.

if Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every day isnt going to be performed then its a crime...

Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

Overneath the path of misery.