Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Born Villain' tracks that should be on the setlist?

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Overneath the Path of Misery
    The Flowers of Evil
    The Gardener
    Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms
    Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day (I mean, in every show)

And You're So Vain sometimes

7 Songs from BV about half of the Setlist I would think

#1 Choice] Overneath the Path of Misery (Still my favorite song off the record)
    #2] Lay Down your Goddamn Arms / Murders are Getting Prettier Every Day
    #3] Children of Cain
    #4] Disengaged (I figure this to be a great Live Song]
    #5] Hey, Cruel World... (To open the set) / Breaking the Same Old Ground (To close out the set)

Also, please drop "The Dope Show." I'm sick of that being in the set every show I've seen. I'd prefer more songs geared towards the hardcore fans than the fans that only know the singles.

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

I'm sure we'll get to see a different set during the second part of the tour. Twins of Evil makes The Flowers of Evil an obvious choice.

From the current setlist I'd drop Slo-Mo-Tion (although it's the second single now), Personal Jesus and Rock Is Dead to make room for some new songs.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Not because they are bad songs, but I think if he dropped these:
    Rock Is Dead
    Personal Jesus
    Sweet Dreams
    mOBSCENE
    Disposable Teens

And then added in more BV tracks (Overneath, Goddamn Arms, Born Villain) or non single songs. They had Angel with the Scabbed Wings, and apparently Reflecting God too. Coma White came in after they teased Coma Black as the jam before Dope Show. Now they are kind of jamming Diary of a Dope Fiend. Would be amazing for something like that to work into the set. MM once talked about wanting to play Beautiful People early in the set. I know he loves DT as song 2, but if he put TBP in that spot, it would serve the same purpose of getting the crowd even more into it with a stompy hit, and then let the ending be a more grand song.

Catholic Girls with UZIs johncraze's Avatar

Overneath The Path of Misery... in the PODIUM.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    MM once talked about wanting to play Beautiful People early in the set
    Do you have the link to that interview, please, Cringeon? I probably missed it (don't know HOW).

The tour has been very safe this time around. VERY. Safe. I hope it goes on for another year and turns to longer sets with more songs for hard core fans. "Personal Jesus" is good in consert, sure. But it could easily be swiched with almost whatever. Still bugs me that Manson didn't have an entire package with an album this good. Songs that should be played from "Born Villain" this tour is in my opinion "Hey, Cruel World", "No Reflection", "Pistol Whipped", "Overneath the Path of Misery", "Slo-Mo-Tion", "The Flowers of Evil", "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day" and "Born Villain".

The Beautiful People as the second on the set would be great. In regards to what tracks from Born Villain should be played live, the first, most vital choice of mine would be 'Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms.' It's awesome, it's catchy, it's extremely energetic, and it makes me feel sexy and horny. Then, 'Overneath the Path of Misery,' because it's a really cool song that will, without a fucking doubt, be incredible to hear live. Third, 'The Flowers of Evil,' which I think is my favorite track from the album (though, that decision is difficult to make). Then, I think 'Born Villain' would be really cool to hear live. I love how the song progresses, and the way it ends has not yet ceased to send chills down my spine. Ideally for me, 'Born Villain' would be followed by 'Murderers' to close the show.

Overneath the Path of Misery is really the only song on Born Villain I'd want to hear live - not that I'd mind hearing others, but Overneath is far and away the best song on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Not because they are bad songs, but I think if he dropped these:
    Rock Is Dead
    Personal Jesus
    Sweet Dreams
    mOBSCENE
    Disposable Teens

And then added in more BV tracks (Overneath, Goddamn Arms, Born Villain) or non single songs.
    I made a couple of posts here a while back almost identical to this one. Although I have no desire to ever hear Sweet Dreams performed again, it's the song that put him on the map so I can understand why it'll basically be played until the end of time. I don't know how he's still able to get up there and do it after having played it at least a few thousand times before, but that's his problem. But there's really no reason to have Disposable Teens, Mobscene and Rock is Dead in the set and then also have the song they're all patterned on, The Beautiful People, in the set, too. The Beautiful People is pretty much the bravura Marilyn Manson track so that has to be there. But it's not as if the other three were particularly big singles - they simply were singles and they happen to sound very similar to another song. It's time to put at least two of those songs out to pasture.

He should play Revelation Number Nine. I know that's not from Born Villain, but that would be great to hear. And track 44 of Antichrist Superstar.