Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Breaking The Same Old Ground'

Quote Originally Posted by brian219 View Post
    Damn. That was exceptionally well said.
    Not really. There's some sentences stretched out. Sentence fragments even. Then there's the fact that Manson hasn't said this is what the song is about so I'm actually completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Agendum View Post
    Not really. There's some sentences stretched out. Sentence fragments even. Then there's the fact that Manson hasn't said this is what the song is about so I'm actually completely wrong.
    Meh. The idea was fully realized and I don't penalize for grammar. Besides that, Manson isn't a reliable source anyway.

Can someone explain me what the lyrics mean?

Manic Queen Of Depression Coma_White's Avatar

I think it can be understood any way each person wants to take it and relates to it, as do most Manson songs. The way I see it is going through the same motions, and since the song seems to be talking about a relationship, it probably means going through the same conflicts and the same problems and not having any progress in the relationship. Also I don't think it necessarily means a relationship between a man and a woman.

5. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Coma_White, props to you for adding the last sentence to your description. You instantly changed my perspective of the song. Thank you.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Hmm oke thanks

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

I think it's about his relationship with his fans as much as it is about his relationships with girls. "Breaking new ground" means cutting-edge. But this is the edge of a dull shovel, a shovel that should used to bury the past that's digging it up instead. "Use your fist" besides calling to mind "Use Your Fist and not Your Mouth" makes me picture someone punching the earth in frustration. In the context of the record, I'm also reminded of the constant references to flowers and gardens.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Huh. Lookit that.

I just saw that BreakingYourMomsOldMound commented on the "Breaking the Same Old Ground" thread and clicked into it to see wtf was up and it actually delivered!

Awesome.

:D
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 12-29-2014 at 09:56 AM.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quit doing the same shit and move on to better things. It is at the end, probably saying "I'm done with this shit".

In Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" song, it mentions "Running over the same old ground. What have we found. The same old fears..." Basically saying the same thing.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Huh. Lookit that.

I just saw that BreakingYourMomsOldMound commented on the "Breaking the Same Old Ground" thread and clicked into it to see wtf was up and it actually delivered!

Awesome.

Thanks, lol. I've been sick as a dog, so I'm surprised I was able to articulate half a coherent thought.