Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Breaking The Same Old Ground'

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

In the Children Of Cain topic I wrote a little about Adam & Eve's contribution to Born Villain, which may have some bearing on Breaking The Same Old Ground. One interpretation could be that much like EAT ME, DRINK ME [both album and track], rather than referring to a specific person in his lyrics, Manson is once more trying to reconcile or separate the 'male' and 'female' aspects of himself.

It doesn't have to be about Adam & Eve, but given the imagery and themes throughout Born Villain, and their experiences in Eden, it can be considered that "the same old ground" is about expulsion of paradise, the inevitability of 'Oblivion'.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

(TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Love this song , great on Headphones , Twiggy's Reverb on his axe is the Best also .. from the 1st or 2nd time I listened to it I Suspected it was a Story of High Weirdness Time Loops , a lot like Phillip K. Dick's Vast Active Living Intelligence System , with History Repeating itself , & I actually tried posting that view early on in my account , at no success ..since The recent Q & A from Mr.Corgan & Mr.Manson that was great by the way , It reminded me to try again on what Your thought are on this .. ... Cheers'
    . . the fear takes hold