Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is anybody dressing up for the Marilyn concerts?

The venue is fine. I'm talking about Brixton (the area). Anyways, I'm sure plenty of people will be dressed in make up, New Rock. Although, it's good to be cautious around the area.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by adamchabbi6 View Post
    The venue is fine. I'm talking about Brixton (the area). Anyways, I'm sure plenty of people will be dressed in make up, New Rock. Although, it's good to be cautious around the area.
    Yeah I'm sure the venue is, but I was just saying that with the venue being so popular if the location itself was such a bad place I'm sure people just wouldn't go and therefore the Academy wouldn't do so well.

I don't really plan to go exploring Brixton, so hopefully the short distance from the tube to the academy is safe enough.

Yeah, the venue is only a few minutes walk from the tube station.

Alumni

I think like anywhere, you err a little on the side of caution, but as Norsefire says, it's a popular area, the venue has long been established with all sorts of fans from all sorts of genres going. My hubby and I have been several times and never experienced a problem. We've been to public houses and restaurants in the area - me fully rocked out with New Rocks, Black eye makeup and studded alternative trousers and not one person has given us trouble.

Like I said, you always keep your guard about you in any situation, but I always say allow yourself to enjoy the atmosphere, because when you walk around a place looking suspicious of everyone - those you are looking at will take notice.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5

The most dramatic production I've done on a MM show was back in the Rock is Dead tour. It was my first Manson show and I had won this backstage pass to meet the band. It was probably the most epic night ever. I took all the production material to the surrounding area and made it there, at the bathroom of a filthy shopping. For the makeup I got inspiration from the famous Pogos insanity, visible here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgDbCjnWsWY I made a similar one. I bought this crazy transparent black sparkling tissue and made everything from it. It was meant to become a sort of t-shirt (credts to my mother that helped me wit that lol) but with all the moshing there and at the following concerts it quickly became a long dress lol. I had collans and pieces of other tissues around my arms and was all in the mood to party and have a good time. And I did :D After the concert my friend felt asleep at the very same bathroom while I was backstage and left when was caught by security. When I left the venue, went 'des-producting' at this parking place until the police car stopped by. They were all searching for drugs inside my bag and I had to explain them I was only removing some makeup and undressing lol. From that night on, the productions became less exuberant but the spirit is alive. I think Mansons concerts are moments to celebrate and forget about reality a bit so people should feel free to make what they want. I always have a good time. This year, and althought there's still no tour date here, I'm thinking on putting on some make up again and doing something, we'll see. The great new record and the kickass performances are re-inspiring my cells..
    Last edited by AppleOfSodom; 06-02-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Well Brixton Academy has a lot of bands playing there and other events all year round, if it has a bad reputation it can't be all that bad can it? I mean if it was such an unsafe place to be why would so many people go to Brixton Academy?

I'm sure I will be wearing my NR Boots like normal.
    Brixton and certain parts of South London have a bad reputation indeed, but around Brixton Academy and the area close to the tube station with shops and stuff generally seemed very okay and quite nice to me. I've been there a few times and didn't feel unsafe at all, so I wouldn't worry that much.

Lawl at dressing up.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dream View Post
    Lawl at dressing up.
    Right, nudity is the best.

Well I'm hoping I get to go to this upcoming LA show. I'm just going to dress normally really.... Black from head to toe, few chains, and heavy black eye shadow. This will be my first MM concert so I don't know the trends these days for concert goers and if that is considered "in" or not. However, I plan on going as purely as myself, as possible since I'm going to a show where the lead encourages being yourself. Therefore I do not really care if everyone else dresses differently from me, or vis vers.

From what I have been seeing on YouTube at MM concerts there aren't a whole lot of people who still dress like they did in the (90's, 80's ). But hey, we do live in an era lead by popsicle stars (I won't speak their names), the includes are prevalent on most of the clothing lines in stores so it can be hard to express yourself otherwise.

Pointless ramble, over.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Just be yourself, just be more fashionable than your everyday life.