Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is anybody dressing up for the Marilyn concerts?

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamchabbi6 View Post
    I was going to consider wearing arm warmers and New Rock shoes. Although, I didn't want to make myself too flashy. So I might go plain wearing a Manson t-shirt (the one I bought on the 2007 tour or the 2009 tour), plain black trousers and Dr. Martens boots.
    Wearing a Manson shirt to a Manson show is more obvious than arm warmers and boots. I never really liked the idea of wearing the same band you're going to see.
    Last edited by Dronepool; 06-29-2012 at 05:46 PM.

It depends on what you mean by dressing up. I usually put on diffrent clothes when I go to see a concert or when I go out in any other way, so...
    I think it's fun picking an outfit, wearing something special, maybe try to get a bit of attention. I also get quite some picks, drumsticks etc. when I wear something a bit flashy. But I guess this could also be because I'm just feeling more relaxed and into it when I have enough time to prepare myself and I guess that also shows on my face...since I might be smiling quite a bit when I feel really comfortable.

About Brixton's reputation: I just asked a friend who's living in Balham and he's been to concerts in Brixton about 20 times and he said he never saw any troubles around. So it's not as bad as its reputation. It surely isn't the best place to wander around alone carelessly but with the concert there should be enough people around to feel safe.

There really isn't anywhere in central London where you will shock, upset or offend anyone with what you wear. I went to Brixton in in full Mobscene makeup and outfit to one MM show; I may have got a couple of raised eyebrows from the tourists, but nobody for my journey to, in and around the city said anything. Commuters and criminals have better things to worry about.

Brixton may have a high level of crime, but it's not due to how someone is dressed for a concert. The locals really don't care. They see this day in and day out, throughout the year. Once they realise you're there for a gig, they'll probably try to sell you some weed or get you in an unlicensed taxi, not start a fight.

The days of real dressing up at MM shows passed a long time ago, but there are always plenty of people in the uniform bad eyeliner and fishnets; usually there are a select few who choose go all out and wear something truly interesting, most of those are recognisable from one tour to the next.