Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Antichrist Super Friends

Default Antichrist Super Friends

I've noticed a lot of parallels between Manson's work and certain comic book characters. Obviously, ACSS shares it's Nietzsche influence with the Superman character, but the parallels seem to go beyond that, to the point where it should be examined how much he has drawn on these characters and in particular the popular 70s animated series Super Friends.

I think it's pretty clear that if ACSS is channeling a particular Super Friend it's definitely Superman. Even board admin, Norsefire seems to have picked up on this with his signature picture:

Hey, hey, hey Mr. Superman,
    I want to be your little girl
    Superman also parallels Satan in a way, having fallen from the sky, similar to the shock symbol's lightning-like zig-zag to the ground. This is also similar to Mechanical Animal's alien theme, where Omega was an outsider.

But Mechanical Animals has a more feminine theme. Interestingly, there's another Super Friend who is also an outsider to man's world, a woman.

Much like Omega, Wonder Woman was not human. She came from Paradise Island to make contact with humans.

Also interesting is that Wonder Woman is initialed "WW" which is "MM" upside down.

Leading up to Holy Wood Manson announced the coming of the age of Horus. Everyone knows that according to Egyptian mythology Horus was the Hawk-headed god of war. Is there a Super Friend like that?

This version of Hawkman also happened to be another alien, although most versions of the character have him as a human reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian.

The Flash fits several Manson motifs, as well. Recalling the lightning bolt motif of the shock symbol, this guy was literally struck by lightning. His symbol:

This isn't the original version of the character though. The Golden Age Flash looked like this:

The character was modeled heavily after the Roman god Mercury:

Notice that the wings are still present on the head and feet even on the Super Friend's Flash.

What does Mercury have to do with Manson? He put his symbol on the disc for Holy Wood!

Coming soon in Part 2:

The Gardener breaking the same old ground.

Also, learn how Batman has to look up just to see Hell from the Batcave and what all those monkey references were really about.

     

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by brian219 View Post

Crimes in the ocean?
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Crimes in the ocean?

"Not on my watch, Black Manta!"

But seriously:

Aqua:
    aq∑ua/ˈškwə/
    Synonyms: water

Hydra:
    IPA: /ˈhʏːd.ra/
    1. A water-snake.
    2. Prefix meaning water

I am the Hydra. Now you'll see your star.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

I thought this was going to be about Friends, the tv show... if it was I could of posted something. I will post it anyway lol, I recently spotted this on Friends

Interestingly, Superman's Krytptonian name, Kal El, translates as "all that God is" in Hebrew. This would be random coincidence except that both of Superman's creators happened to be Jewish, making them perhaps more likely to have known what the name meant.

The reflecting god.