Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: [059]: Aug 18 2012 - Sunset Strip Music Festival - West Hollywood, California

So that's my excerpted footage. It was ridiculously shaky so I went ahead and tried out YouTube's new stability enhancement feature with notably increased steadiness as well a tripped-out dreamlike quality as a pleasant side-effect. Big improvement over the grand-mal-seizures-in-an-earthquake feel of it otherwise. Wish my footage could have been better but if you're not high at a Doors show then ur doing it rong, lol.

But, hey, I got the setlist!

Kinda weird that it doesn't allot time for "Five to One"...guess we got lucky. It's one of my all time favorite Manson covers, really would've been bummed if we didn't get that. Cool to hear them doing it so much closer to the original version, too! Ray and Robbie were fucking awesome, of course. Such an amazing treat to see them with Manson!

And that's my ticket with a bunch of flyers below the setlist pix. The flyers were for an artist who was selling original paintings of musicians -- two of Manson, pix forthcoming -- at a VIP lounge selling high-end cars and booze, which I happily discovered required a yellow wristband to enter and which I just so happened to have somewhere in the stacks of concert bracelets I keep on my wrist. Ha! Victory.

And, lastly, that's a piece of red confetti with them. I thought I saw that one of the other bands had used heart-shaped confetti at the fest, like Manson used to use, but then I picked it up off the street and realized it was all just...leaf-patterned confetti? Seems weirdly ironic, but w/e. Rape of the world, indeed! Anyway, I saved tons of Manson's confetti, too.

Great show. Definitely worth the trip!

:)

From what I saw from my vantage point, everyone was having a great time. Even Duchovny was a little star struck.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post