Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Korean film exposes Western propaganda

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manichaeist View Post
    I watched the clip Sixteen Saltines posted and was hard-pressed to find anything remotely inaccurate (though I can't speak as to the specificity of the statistics quoted) nor did I hear or see anything that would have its impact lessened if it didn't come from a North Korean.
    Well maybe I've just watched too many documentaries that are critical of American culture. I don't think any of the opinions are inaccurate, I just think we have dozens of 'documentaries' like this from sources inside Western culture. I just think this particular film got so much traction because it was touted as 'North Korean propaganda' about America, which of course people are going to check out (I did, of course)

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Unless you live under a rock, it should be obvious that people in power like dumbing down their people, and encouraging the people to 'play the game' which is the ridiculous system that we live by. It's not so much a conspiracy as it is just common sense. It's not just Americans either, but they are probably the most guilty of it.

Keep in mind, the more and more you see something the more accepting you become of it. Albeit it's a slow, more subtle form of conditioning that takes place. Take food for example. The average person's diet consists mainly of processed shit which is completely 100% unhealthy. But guess who profits when you've got disease and health conditions, cancer etc.? And eating shit for food is perfectly acceptable today and practically encouraged with the amount of commercials and advertising. Or, in an increasingly health-conscious world, they slap on "Natural" or "Organic" to sound better and to charge you more money, when it should be known that this is usually just marketing trickery, save only perhaps for "Certified Organic" which may be sincere. And oh, fuck mother nature when hemp/cannabis oil can cure cancer and all sorts of things, let's waste zillions of dollars and promote an unhealthy radiation therapy and prescription pills instead. This is just one example of a million.

I'm not even going to touch 9/11; if you've got a brain you know what really went down.

And did anyone care about or take seriously the SOPA, PIPA, ACTA stuff that happened earlier this year? Maybe a few people did but most of the population didn't and have failed to realize the impact that this will have years from now. I mean, it's already lame that often I'm not able to stream a video online because I don't live in [insert country] . This is really just the very beginning of internet restrictions, censorship, control and so on.
    Last edited by SangreV; 08-02-2012 at 06:34 PM.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SangreV View Post
    Keep in mind, the more and more you see something the more accepting you become of it. Albeit it's a slow, more subtle form of conditioning that takes place. Take food for example. The average person's diet consists mainly of processed shit which is completely 100% unhealthy. But guess who profits when you've got disease and health conditions, cancer etc.? And eating shit for food is perfectly acceptable today and practically encouraged with the amount of commercials and advertising. Or, in an increasingly health-conscious world, they slap on "Natural" or "Organic" to sound better and to charge you more money, when it should be known that this is usually just marketing trickery, save only perhaps for "Certified Organic" which may be sincere. And oh, fuck mother nature when hemp/cannabis oil can cure cancer and all sorts of things, let's waste zillions of dollars and promote an unhealthy radiation therapy and prescription pills instead. This is just one example of a million.
    You're making it sound like there is a well-oiled Fuck You Machine with the sole purpose of keeping Americans sick and dying. Eh, I can't believe that. Sure, there are lots of little fuck-ups which are due to a mixture of government inefficiency and corporate greed, but you're making it sound like the 'elites' are just sitting in a room trying to think of ways to keep the little guy down. It's just a combination of little fucked up things that form one huge clusterfuck.

I'm not even going to touch 9/11; if you've got a brain you know what really went down.
    Well, that was a convincing argument.

And did anyone care about or take seriously the SOPA, PIPA, ACTA stuff that happened earlier this year? Maybe a few people did but most of the population didn't and have failed to realize the impact that this will have years from now. I mean, it's already lame that often I'm not able to stream a video online because I don't live in [insert country] . This is really just the very beginning of internet restrictions, censorship, control and so on.
    Well lots of people cared about that. That might have been the biggest response to a government decision I've ever seen, but that might just be because it was by-and-large confined to the internet. So that gave me a little hope that some people still care about the direction in which this country is headed.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Essentially, there is a big fuck you machine. I'm not saying their sole purpose is to first and foremost get people sick and dying, but what I am saying is that people in power will do absolutely anything to maximize their profit in a world that revolves around money, even if it means putting their own peoples' lives at risk. Do you really think the zillion-dollar pharmaceutical industry cares about your health? They are better off if you are sick and dying. But there's many examples of stuff like this, and that's just how the system works. Just as long as you play the game are led to believe everything is fine, you won't question any of it. It's simple, and unfortunately, it works.

And given the amount of internet users, the uproar against SOPA, ACTA, PIPA (etc.) was miniscule. The intent was to basically let this fly under the radar, only it didn't. But even when informed about the issues and potential consequences, most people did nothing or cared very little. Regardless of the protests and collective rally against these, the general response was one of utter apathy to something that could have significant consequences down the line.

Most people in all nations but especially the United States are fine and fucking dandy with being led along like dogs on a leash, as long as you make them feel safe and like they have a choice they'll pretty much fall right in line...halle-fucking-lujah. Pass the mashed potatoes, ribs, corn and chocolate dipped in bacon fat motherfuckers! Getting your freedoms taken away a little at a time, meaningless stupid fucking sensationalism in the news that distracts you from what's really happening, because they think you're that fucking dumb, the Public Morons. And so far they have been correct because you're gullible, predictable and eat the feed right from their filthy cock-greased hands. The FUCK!?

We're all stars now in the dope show. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rusty shackleford View Post
    We're all stars now in the dope show. . . .
    OMG I hate when people do that because I never know which part that is so I can finish it in my head!

It is the end part where he goes "We're all stars now, in the Dope Show ..... (insert electronic noise) *Rrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeer*"

Or just one of the parts where he goes "We're all stars now, in the Dope Show ..... (and the cool bass line kicks in?) *Du du dudununu, Doonunun-nun-nenu.

ARGH!

I love the irony of a supposed documentary from North Korea, who's people are told that their deified leader was delivered to them from the heavens via a rainbow to the top of a mountain, is 'exposing' Western Propoganda through basic psychology 101 observations.

Quote Originally Posted by SangreV View Post
    I liked the bit where they got Sayyed Qutb to write milestones, get himself executed by the Egyptian government, got Zawahiri to pursue a lifelong career of militant Islamism, bombed the cole, bombed the kenyan embassy, bombed the wtc in 93, somehow managed to bribe bin laden into a lifetime of militant islamism, magicked away everybody on board those flights, bribed bin laden into making all those tapes where admits they did it, bribed khalid sheikh mohammed into admitting he was on the planning commitee... and that's not even considering what a controlled demolition must have required (an army of silent, evil contractors who did absolutely everything completely undetected by anyone)

I mean wow, a 50 year laundry list of to-dos, and it all went off without a hitch & nobody anywhere has ever blown any whistles. That is truly staggering for a government who can't burgle a hotel or hide yellowcake in Iraq. I guess you pick and choose these things

hats off!
    Last edited by The Hand; 10-17-2012 at 11:50 AM.