Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit Smoking

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHA I just noticed this image.

I like how we have to "fuck off" in order for Whisky to continue smoking. lolwut

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky And Speed View Post
    Lolz, Irony.
    It's a much healthier habit that is much easier to quit compared to cigarettes. I don't see the irony.

Good luck guys. I know you all can do it!

strange, deranged

Vape weed instead. :D

Problem solved.
    photographer, drug fiend.
    facebook

Marijuana Health Risks:
    Effects on the Heart
    Within a few minutes after smoking marijuana, the heart begins beating more rapidly and the blood pressure drops. Marijuana can cause the heart beat to increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, and can increase even more if other drugs are used at the same time.

Because of the lower blood pressure and higher heart rate, researchers found that users' risk for a heart attack is four times higher within the first hour after smoking marijuana, compared to their general risk of heart attack when not smoking.

Effects on the Lungs
    Smoking marijuana, even infrequently, can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, and cause heavy coughing. Scientists have found that regular marijuana smokers can experience the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers do, including:

Daily cough and phlegm production
    More frequent acute chest illnesses
    Increased risk of lung infections
    Obstructed airways

Other Health Effects
    Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen Saltines View Post
    Vape weed instead. :D

Problem solved.
    I think it's the 'act of smoking' that's most desired by people who want to quit. They want to puff and exhale something that doesn't damage their bodies like cigarettes. Weed is a good alternative and it helps when you crave to 'smoke' something. Of course, if you have addictive tendencies then you should limit/decrease your psychological dependency on it as well. My point is that it's healthier than tobacco and smoking it can help you quit if you don't know how else to do it. It's definitely not the answer for everyone.

Vaping weed works too if being high, and not the act of smoking, lessens your motivation to light up a cig. But getting stoned all the time just to prevent yourself from wanting to smoke can be counter-productive too.

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    Marijuana Health Risks:
    Effects on the Heart
    Within a few minutes after smoking marijuana, the heart begins beating more rapidly and the blood pressure drops. Marijuana can cause the heart beat to increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, and can increase even more if other drugs are used at the same time.

Because of the lower blood pressure and higher heart rate, researchers found that users' risk for a heart attack is four times higher within the first hour after smoking marijuana, compared to their general risk of heart attack when not smoking.

Effects on the Lungs
    Smoking marijuana, even infrequently, can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, and cause heavy coughing. Scientists have found that regular marijuana smokers can experience the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers do, including:

Daily cough and phlegm production
    More frequent acute chest illnesses
    Increased risk of lung infections
    Obstructed airways

Other Health Effects
    Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors.
    http://norml.org/library/health-repo...alth-mythology

http://norml.org/library/health-reports

http://norml.org/news/1998/08/06/mar...-ministry-says

It's not completely harmless, but Tobacco and Alcohol are much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by sayyosin View Post

It's not completely harmless, but Tobacco and Alcohol are much worse.
    Agreed!

Vaping is the best way to smoke weed though because the only thing that burns is the thc. Plus you can stockpile leftovers for a dry season

Muddy Knees

Smoking weed only increases my desire to smoke tobacco in order to level out the high itself, in line with the same effect alcohol creates. This is not an option. Quitting weed a couple years back was cake-walk. Had to do so because of my career choice in the medical profession. After about a week you forget about it and at two weeks the craving to be high goes away. I miss it because it calmed me down enough to enjoy simpler things, but I also don't need it around to have a good time. I'd actually rather smoke weed than drink (it's more fun, healthier, safer, etc.) but one is legal and not the other. Go figure.

OT: To make things clear, I'm not belittling cigarette smokers here. I believe everyone is free to do whatever activity works for them, and would never try to change that freedom for the world or complain about their right to do so. I believe smokers get a bad rap for plenty of laws against them for just doing something they feel like doing, while other people go around thinking they need federal mandate to step in and regulate those freedoms. If you choose to be a smoker, more power to ya.

This is a personal decision to get myself healthier for the future and feeling better about who I am. As stated by Dope Box earlier in this thread, a lot of life ends up revolving around this habit (along with a lot of money) and it's something that does nothing but make me feel bad about myself at this point. There's no enjoyment to be found for myself with smoking, so there's no reason to continue and make my health suffer more and more. Not to mention I'm in oncology and witness daily the effects of long-term smoking, and it's absolutely brutal. So when this all comes to play, the only choice that makes any sense is to kick the habit, move on, and live a happier life.

Thanks for the support so far. This is the first time I've sought support on this move, and with it I'm already feeling more confident, focused, and driven overall. Will very much come in handy in the upcoming days.