Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Quit Smoking

Umemployment and wretched poverty have forced me into a Hellish existence where I withdraw each time when I cannot afford a pack, yet I have not the self-sustained aversion to smoking to quit. And so I involuntarily quit for a few days each week.
    Last edited by The Overman; 12-02-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

If someone paid you guys a million dollars to quit smoking forever, would you quit? If so, then you obviously have the mental capacity to quit. If not, then I'm surprised that you would value a cigarette over a million dollars; therefore, you're weak and stupid.

I've quit several times thru the years only to start back up again... it's always some emotional trigger that does it (angry or hurt). I know it's way more of a psychological issue for me than the physical addiction. Cigs suck. I wish I had never started!
    Hey victim, should I black your eyes again?
    Hey victim, you were the one who put the stick in my hand....

I'm over two weeks off. I stopped counting. However, I still smoke marijuana.

But I'm over tobacco. So fuck it, you can do it too.

It's as simple as a decision. It actually fucking is. Ignore your brain's protests... and find something to hit while you brave it out.
    The livin' are dead and I hope to join them too. I know what to do and I do it well.

Manic Queen Of Depression Coma_White's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
    I'm over two weeks off. I stopped counting. However, I still smoke marijuana.

But I'm over tobacco. So fuck it, you can do it too.

It's as simple as a decision. It actually fucking is. Ignore your brain's protests... and find something to hit while you brave it out.
    I personally find marijuana much harder to quit than tobacco...I've been smoking for a few years now, and when I'm out I smoke 10-15 cigarettes, sometimes as many as 25 (if I'm at a club or something), but when I'm home I can go the whole day without a single puff.

I don't get many withdrawals either, a few mood swings and some depression but that's rare and only happens after I've gone 24 hours without a single cig.

However if I don't smoke a single joint all day I get massive insomnia and I lie awake in bed for hours before I fall asleep. If it wasn't for the insomnia I could quit marijuana any time. However I don't want to quit, it's a habit I actually like, but I wish I could sleep without it...

I'm ready to give up cigarettes. They are just not enjoyable, smell bad, and waste time and health and resources. I'm tired of the emotional anguish they cause me, as everyone in my family smokes and are always so high strung. I want to quit so badly, and it's this impulsive urge to keep inhaling toxins, as if I'm punishing myself for starting in the first place. I hate smoking so much that I can't see a reason to continue it's like fucking yourself repeatedly

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazybitch View Post
    it's like fucking yourself repeatedly
    Seems like a better reason than most to continue.